Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member

Why does this woman (Lisa Armstrong) keep constantly reappearing in the news.

The other week it was for putting Ant McPartlin's stuff in boxes outside her house for people to pick through and take. Now it's a bizarre tale of putting more of his stuff in a skip outside her new house, and calling the police on some guy who took some of that stuff out of it.

(second bizarre part of it is the police actually apparently doing some investigation work into it, when us mere mortals get our car smashed up or a proper burglary and they're sorry but they don't have the resources to turn up for us, but that's another story).

I don't understand why she isn't just moving on with her millions. Why did she even take a dressing gown of Ant's from the old house to her new house, why put it and other sensitive things in a skip rather than burning or paying a proper secure disposal company to take care ot it (she can clearly afford it), and why (reportedly) involve the police when someone goes through the skip outside her not particularly secret new home.

One of the comments on the article hints at it being some elaborate setup to get around an NDA that McPartlin undeoubtedly has on her?

Are the continued shenanigans with her some deperate attempt by her to "happen" in some way. Or is she a victim of some weird plot by the media/McPartlin to make her appear to be an utter loon?
’This woman’ really?! She was his wife for over ten years, they’d been together for over twenty. Why should she just ‘move on’? Anyone would be hurt by what Ant did to her, which was essentially to dump her and then try and destroy her reputation via a nasty PR campaign to divert attention from his own poor behaviour. I suspect the marriage probably WAS toxic and they enabled each other’s bad habits, allegedly both are/were raging alcoholics and cokeheads, but trying to make out that Lisa is the bad guy when they were both as bad as each other is really isn’t very fair at all.

I think Lisa could completely destroy Ant if she wanted to. It would be wise for him and his PR to keep her on side.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

AlanBanan

VIP Member
She'll forgive you as you're poorer than her and not priveleged enough to know shes right so dont worry if you arent as beautiful or woke as her.
I’m so much better looking than that sweeping brush fringe, dead behind the eyes mouthpiece. I must sound so violent but I would genuinely love to just deck her.

She’s a self serving feminist who would rather prioritise the rights of trans women (aka males) than to advocate in anyway for the oppression of women in a sex based society.

She deserves to be pelted with balls of her own shit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Regarding Kelvin Fletcher, this is not gossip, but calm the fuck down. Just because he is a Tory and pro-Brexit (like more than half the country), doesn’t mean he is racist.

That is a really dangerous and divisive conclusion to jump to.
He follows a far right extremist Isalamophobe who is banned from entering the U.K.

Why would you do that if you weren’t a racist?

• Heart
Reactions: 42

petitspois

VIP Member
I don't particularly like the woman, but I credit her with having more taste than that.
What am I talking about? She hooked up with Bob the builder!
I think Amanda has shocking taste in men- Les Dennis, Bob the Builder and her husband who looks like he’s started to transition.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Belleboo

VIP Member
Yes, I remember that. I thought at the time that it was bollocks. More likely trying to disguise the fact that she wasn’t 20 any more. Then she wore that hideous outfit to do a dance to the Flashdance theme (below) and we were all supposed to think that she had emerged from a sexy chrysalis or something. She really should have had more respect for her thighs. She looked like somebody’s embarrassing auntie. The hallmark of an ex-stage school pupil: they can’t wait to get into a leotard and do jazz hands.

View attachment 252831
I wish It l looked like her. I’d gladly be someones embarrassing Auntie to look this good.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Big Red Dog

Chatty Member
Re Conner McGregor it’s been announced he’s boxing Manny Pacquiao I hope Manny does us all a favour and knocks him the fuck out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Norbs

VIP Member
Any goss on Louise Redknapp? I find the way she is constanty stripping off and posing for half nude selfies/photoshoots utterly embarrassing, since she has admitted her teenage sons have begged her not to.

The way her marriage to Jamie ended was totally bizarre. Nobody splits up with a husband of nearly 20 years because they went on a reality show so what really went on, does anyone know?
The impression of Jamie that came across was that he was quite old-fashioned and controlling (‘Jamie wouldn’t like me to wear that’), that he wanted a marriage like his parents‘ had been, with Sandra at home and Harry out bringing home the bacon. During Strictly, you could see Louise’s confidence building back up from quite a low base. Perhaps she just wanted to be her own person again rather than having a subsumed identity as Jamie’s wife and the kids’ mother?

Reactions: 39

Moley1

Chatty Member
You’ll find most countries have them, and many to a far greater degree. Having some racist citizens does not a racist country make and people bandying the term about undermines justified outrage at real incidents of racism.
Yes you are right, many countries have a racist element although neither you nor I can put a figure on it so comparisons are moot. You are also right that it doesn’t make the country racist, but that just sweeps the problem under the carpet. There clearly is a large problem with racists in this country, many of whom seem to have become emboldened by Brexit and now think it is absolutely ok to tell British citizens to go back to their own country!

Racists do not just present themselves on Britain First marches or by hanging out with Tommy Robinson. They are in every pub, in every street, in every workplace in every town and city in this country and it is our duty to make sure that their Neanderthal views are not welcomed and will not be tolerated.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

HanB33

oh another; Jamie Oliver visited my primary school and served us all our dinners and I refused to take the tray off him and told him I wanted hot dogs instead.

Thrilling life I lead. X

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
I liked Olivia Coleman in Fleabag, but she ruined The Crown
I don’t know if I’m outing myself as a saddo haha but back in the day my friend and I were huge fans of Green Wing so we wrote fan letters to the whole cast and most of them wrote back including Olivia. She was so lovely in the letter that she’ll always be a favourite and I quite like I can say I have a hand written letter to me from an Oscar winning actress.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Won’t you have a cup

Re Louise Redknapp: she never really stopped trying to be famous. So I’m not buying the ‘downtrodden wife and domineering husband’ story. Remember when she launched that make up brand about ten years ago? She was hardly hiding at home being the little woman. The make up crashed and burned, but whatever. She and Jamie also did adverts for (I think) Emirates.

I suspect that they are both pretty awful. Harry Redknapp is unspeakable so I doubt that Jamie is much different. Louise is undoubtedly like the vast majority of stage school kids and people who have been in manufactured bands: ME ME ME THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE MORE OF ME WHY AREN’T I MORE FAMOUS THAN I AM?

They married pretty young and probably each expected that the other would behave as they wished. Two big egos don’t tend to mix though, so I can see how it would go wrong.

I’d put money on her agent having tried to get her on to Strictly for years (or the jungle, or Dancing on Ice, AKA pound shop Strictly) for years. The “I was busy being a wife and mother” line is a handy fig leaf for “I couldn’t get arrested in showbiz”. No doubt all the big reality shows are bombarded with calls from the agents of former members of S Club Juniors and B’witched etc, all desperate for a second go at fame.

Strictly has gone the way of ‘every contestant needs a story’, so for Louise, what better than “I have been hiding my blazing showbiz light under a bushel because I’m such a dedicated mother, ooh, now I’m finding out how to have fun again, I’m doin’ it for all the middle aged women!” when the real story was “my marriage is dead and I’m desperate to be famous again, I’m available for The Vagina Monologues in Skegness”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

totallytaz

Chatty Member
And on that note, I miss TV Burp terribly.

I thought it was hilarious with the TV highlight of the week being some construction vehicle chipping into a wall or someone in EastEnders opening the fridge door and taking a sniff of some milk that’d gone off.

I was so disappointed when it ended. Apparently Harry got tired of watching through all the programmes to find some funny material.

I remember when it showed a clip of the late Stephen Gately was dancing with Kristina on DOI and the commentator said: “How can Stephen resist the beautiful Kristina?”
Harry: “Erm, he’s gay.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Chatter

The promotion of Gino di Campo from small scale thief to tv games how host via being a professional pot stirrer on daytime telly is perplexing. Who does he appeal to? What is his talent? I think it just indicates the shallowness of ITV’s talent pool which has the same core members who are wheeled out across the station with Walsh, Willoughby, Schofield, Ant n Dec, Stephen Mulhearn. There are lots of old time game show/comedians who could have taken on a revival of Family Fortunes, but the powers that be obviously think that the public is gagging for Gino.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Regarding Kelvin Fletcher, this is not gossip, but calm the fuck down. Just because he is a Tory and pro-Brexit (like more than half the country), doesn’t mean he is racist.

That is a really dangerous and divisive conclusion to jump to.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

NH14

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the contestant that gave the answer "Turkey" to every question? It was something like

A bird that cannot fly - Turkey

A place you go on holiday - Turkey

Something you eat at Christmas- Turkey

can't remember the rest, think it was when "Oh you've won a prize" Max Bygraves hosted it 😂
This was my friends Grandad 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I used to hate Amanda Holden too, then she called out Philip Schofield for being a nasty cock which I thought was a pretty ballsy thing to do.
It’s true, the enemy of my enemy is my friend!

• Haha
Reactions: 32