Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I was just mucking about “stop mucking about”

That’s new to me. I’ve heard of it, but didnt know that. I Athough I know one of the phrases from ITMA! Osmosis.
Did you listen to “Around The Horne”?
I must try that one
I have never listened to Around the Horne, but I've heard extracts from the Julian and Sandy sketches. I must listen to some of the episodes.
Hancock's Half Hour was another brilliant radio show, it really showed how versatile Kenneth Williams was, with all the different characters he played. One of his most well known was the snide character, with the catch phrase "Stop messin' about!"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Has anyone managed to get onto the forum for BA staff called wing wing slide or something. Big article in the sun today about cabin crew slagging celebs off...was intrigued to see if anyone could work out who the celebs were they were referring to.....I tried but couldn’t get past the cookies
The insta page has disappeared 🤷‍♀️
he was spilling a LOT of tea there. Wish I had screen shot it now

Reactions: 1

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
Did anyone see the documentry on Channel 5, about the Duke and Duchess of Wessex a week or so ago? I know there has been much speculation about whether Edward 'bats for the other team" but has anyone noticed how masculine, Sophie is in appearance.....!
I did see it and yes, I agree. Her hairstyle was Diana Lite.

LilPinkie

VIP Member
A girl who was one of the often replayed “psycho” contestants, Zoe Alexander I think she is called (Pink tribute act) popped up on my Youtube the other day giving her side of the story. Makes it all sound very malicious and staged, with no regard for ruining these people’s reputations and lives.
Thanks for this. Just watched both parts of her video. Absolutely horrific. Poor girl.

LilPinkie

VIP Member
Obviously we're talking the 80s which was a different era but as I said, it continued onto Strictly and that didn't start until 2004 so not that long ago.

Also found the man a bit self-centered, he seemed to make Strictly all about him. Granted, he made me laugh more than Claudia ever did (and Tess was always dull as dishwater) but half the time, the focus was never on the contestants. Apparently he refused to wear an earpiece on Strictly so they often struggled to keep the show on time when he did one of his impromptu jokes.
I never even entertained watching it when he was on. Now I never miss it.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I’ve posted this ages ago, but here you go.
Afriemd of a very good friend was high up at Strictly. She reckoned he was a foul-mouthed, me men me,type. Worse also a sex pest.
Which pro is this that you're referring to? Sounds like Kevin Clifton - very self absorbed person.