Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Go back on topic,
Stop arguing with each other,
Report posts breaking rules or derailing and report users who try and moderate/attempt tell others what they can or can’t do/say,

thank you

Reactions: 32

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Honey Ross is only newsworthy because of her parents, she's not likeable and talented like Roman Kemp. Her comments about her toxic parents are uncalled for. If my teenager was fat and unhappy, then I too, would suggest weightloss as a solution, and I think most parents would.
Im all for body positivity, but she is morbidly obese. There’s no getting away from it. Her health will suffer from being that big if it’s not already,

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Jumperoo62

Anything on James O'Brien?

He comes across as so hateful, obnoxious, patronising, condescending and sneering on his radio show that I cant believe he doesnt get punched in the face on an hourly basis.

No tea but I don’t find him to be any of the above. He’s a bit smarmy but he also seems rightly frustrated with idiotic and selfish LBC listeners who seem to hate immigrants on £37 a week that much that they call him up to whinge the same boring racist and xenophobic nonsense.

I’d probably be just the same if people were calling me up trying to justify believing The Daily Express and their own hateful ideas about benefits instead of calling out the 15 or so billionaires that own over half the world’s wealth.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I really like Judge Rinder. Not his show, him. Nothing wrong with his show, other than tired old format. Seems like a decent bloke when you see him on other stuff.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Honey comes across as a petulant child, not an adult woman.
It's a shame she doesn't have to go out to work like ordinary people - if she had the embarrassment of having to wait for an XXXL uniform to be ordered for her, maybe she'd realise obesity isn't something to celebrate after all. Luckily, she will make a living modelling plus size clothes and writing inflammatory articles in the press, and appearing on low grade talk shows to pontificate about fat shaming and body image and how being fat is fabulous. Then in a few years, she'll get a gastric band and shrink to a size 12 (although she'll claim to be a size 8) and discover that being slim is better.

Won’t you have a cup

You would think with her having famous Parents, they would have access to the best help and advice about health.
I bet she did. I’m seeing this as a bid by dear old Honey to launch a media career. There is plenty of precedent for the kids of journalists and presenters being helped into the profession by their parents. That’s what this is, surely? Mum and dad have agreed to take one for the team by publicly apologising for encouraging their daughter into healthy eating when she was an overweight and unhappy teenager. The beasts!

I suppose the Ross family see this as their enormously talented daughter (in their opinion) bursting into the scene with no nepotism accusations. Because Jonathan and Jane were the villains, see? They haven’t given Honey a leg up at all. No.

I watched the clip of her from Loose Women, whining that diets are ‘toxic’ and that ‘everybody knows that they don’t work’. Funny, that. I knocked off the wotsits, wine and magnums for a month to see off my lockdown lard and I’m back in my jeans again. It wasn’t toxic and it worked!

• Heart

Columbo

VIP Member
I believe you. I’ve seen her name on a lot of nicest celebrities. I dislike the other three as individuals but I cannot stand them all together. I’ve read that when they’re together they can vile. They remind me of typical school bullies. I’ve had a soft spot for Sarah too. She’s always seemed vulnerable and like she just wants to be loved. She’s got no luck either poor thing.
Me and my sister bumped into Nadine at the bowling alley in Derry, she had her daughter with her, my niece is a similar age and the two of them started playing together and Nadine chatted to us. You'd never know she was famous from the way she talked, she was totally normal apart from the huge Fedora hat and sunnies she was wearing.

Truth be told if Cheryl hadn't invested in those veneers and married a cheating footballer and then had a baby with a boybander she'd have disappeared into obscurity.

• Heart

princesssparklepants

I remember once as a kid I went to a community centre for coffee mornings etc and a lady had her whole wardrobe of saris and insisted on dressing up all the white ladies in her saris, along with providing henna/mendi for their hands and giving cakes and sweets from her culture. I find in real life a lot of people used to love sharing their culture. I agree with posts above that social media has made it very difficult to be seen to take part in a cultural thing such as a carnival without being called an appropriator. That said, of course people face aggressions due to their culture I.e. dreadlocks in the work place. Of course society needs to be more tolerant of cultural identity, but I do tire of seeing people being criticised for wearing box braids when they are teenagers having fun on instagram playing with their own hair. Social media is such a critical place these days.
My sister in law's parents were born in India and they were more than happy for us to wear sari's to the wedding, infact they'd have been absolutely over the moon if we had. We all had the bindi on for both the civil service and the Hindi one too. They often bring us presents back from India too when they return of Indian bags, clothing and scarves etc. My brother wore traditional Indian attire for both weddings too (we are white).

I don't understand the world now. People just seem to want to find the flimsiest of reasons to hate other people for the sake of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

gigi_772

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I actually love David Harbour & Lily Allen together. She’s been very vocal about her journey to being sober and being a better mum to her kids so they don’t have the same kind of childhood she had. I think he’s a great influence on her and I really hope it works out!!

• Heart

Ambrosie

VIP Member
You can, it’s rare but not unheard of. Quite a lot of young fit and healthy have collapsed and died during the London Marathon for example.
A man I work with who is 30 died while on a run about 3 months ago. It’s been horrible actually, 5 people at my work have died during lockdown (none from Covid) and we’ve all been working from home since March.

• Sad
  • Wow
I'm going to mention this because no one else has (with slight fear of being a bit repetitive because I've mentioned autism on other threads).

Recently Jonathan Ross said publically that one of his daughters was autistic. He didn't say which one. If I had to guess I'd say it was a warning to people to be kind to the daughter who was in the process of launching herself publically.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about what she is promoting. I think she is pro healthy eating/exercise but also pro self esteem. So love yourself whilst improving rather than hate yourself and lose weight. I will admit that I don't follow her on any platform so maybe I miss understand her view.
Also, I've been quite shocked by the fat shaming comments, however subtlety. It's unpleasant.

We all know diets don't work. They are short term and I totally see how they are toxic. Cutting out crisps, takeaways, any excess calories isn't a diet, it's eating healthily.

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
Jane is very attractive. So is Jonathan especially in his younger days. Strange how their kids aren’t.
I actually think Demi Moore and Bruce Willis have the weirdest looking kids in the history of the world 😬 The Rosses aren't bad in comparison..👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The permanently offended dilute the issues that do need attention.

Work on the big harmful things first and some of the smaller issues will disappear naturally.

• Heart
Reactions: 28