Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GoLibrarianPoo

VIP Member
Not gossip but just saw that poor Chadwick Boseman has died of cancer :cry: I didn't realise he was in his 40's, I thought he was mid 20's he looked great and went through it all whilst still maintaining his career, I didn't know he was battling cancer until I read about his death. Feel for his family, cancer is truly awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
Came here for the gossip catch up, slinking back to other threads as it’s all about weight (too much or lack of!). Plus the thought of a swinging Hairy Biker 🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I get what Kimberley said about how she Cheryl and Nicola just clicked, and you do just click with some people. But when they did that reunion documentary they were so awful to Nadine in particular that I can’t help but think it probably wasn’t a very nice working environment for her. Sarah is much a stronger personality and was probably harder to bully or ostracise.

All of this is rooted in jealousy IMO because Nadine is by far the best singer out of all of them.

Reactions: 39

Applina89

Hello all!
I’ve been a lurker here forever but I’ve finally plucked up the courage to post some gossip. I’m in a new job and a colleague used to be head of bookings at an arena venue and she told me that most celebrities she met are absolutely lovely!
Kylie Minogue is apparently a delight and so lovely to everyone 😊
The only two she said were rude were Rihanna (mainly because she was stoned) but she also said that Miranda Hart was absolutely vile!
Apparently she left people out in the cold waiting and was generally rude and snobby and wouldn’t let anyone touch her or take any photos and sign autographs etc.
Hardly piping hot tea but there we go! Enjoy!

• Wow
  • Haha

Ambrosie

VIP Member
I know a couple of anti mask people who have also done this, is it advice from their crackpot group I wonder

It genuinely upsets me how they think it’s fine to pretend to be disabled to avoid wearing a bit of cloth for a bit. 😡😡
When lockdown started my arsehole cow bag of a neighbour who’s never worked a day in her life got herself a nurse/careworker type tunic so she could pretend to work for the NHS to justify the fact that she was going wherever the bloody he’ll she wanted

• Wow
  • Angry

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
This, for the love of God. Logged back on today hoping it wouldn't be the same old shit and whaddya know, we're still onto how much you all fucking hate fat people! Any chance you could change the record and stop being cunts (a hard call on a forum devoted to being a cunt, I know!)
No one hates fat people. But being morbidly obese is very dangerous and a huge drain on the NHS. I hate that we have to pussyfoot around the subject to avoid offending people. I also wouldn’t fancy your chances against Covid if you are very overweight.

Not sure what you are posting here for though if you think we are all ‘cunts’?🤔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
When I was a lot younger than I am now and when Rod Stewart had only a couple of ex-wives and a child or two, he was in a club in Maidenhead (I can't remember the name of it, I want to say Whispers but I don't think that's right). I was there with some of my fellow student nurses and we'd scraped together the admission fee and got the the bar to find the cheapest drink was 7 quid for a beer. That was a LOT of money in the late 70's. I asked for tap water and the bar staff said they only had hot water so not drinkable. Rod and his entourage saw us coppering up, trying to get together 7 quid so we could buy a beer to share, and one of his group came over and asked us all what we were drinking, and a round was ordered and paid for by Rod. He'd heard us talking about being student nurses and he wanted us to have a good night out. Unfortunately, none of us were 6ft tall blondes and he showed no further interest in any of us.

I still think back to that night and think if I'd have worn 6 inch heels and if I had dyed my brown hair golden blonde, maybe I could have briefly been one of Rod's dalliances. :D:D:D

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Herefortheteeeee

Fat activism is very “in” right now. Honey Ross is pretty shrewd to have captured the zeitgeist and turned taking pictures of herself into a career. Beats the office 9-5 🤣

Of course it’s a damaging message though. Health at any size! It’s not unhealthy to be fat! Don’t lose weight, guys!

She’s so young, of course she’s healthy. You don’t find many fat activists in their late 30s onward though, and that’s because you can’t keep peddling “health at any size” when your knees are screwed and you have type 2 diabetes.
this whole fat activism is so damaging. Personally, I have always been overweight, not obese by any means but I have curves and the NHS would classify me as overweight. I however eat a healthy diet and I exercise regularly. I have junk in my trunk. However, last year when pregnant I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes which is basically type 2 diabetes when pregnant. I would personally recommend asking these ‘fat activists’ to try even a week as a diabetic, this is no laughing matter. Your world is turned upside down. Luckily for me, the minute my baby came out, I no longer had diabetes. But this isn’t always the case. Would they be preaching if they had to inject insulin twice a day, check your blood sugars 3 times a day and also take metformin? This is also a drain on the NHS down to their gluttony.
I now suffer with gallstones and I am having my gallbladder out next month. Another diagnosis following being overweight. Admittedly, I have been rather unlucky but my body went into meltdown after my beautiful baby.
I wonder if they had gallstones, they would realise the impact it has on your liver? How about it can lead to liver disease and liver failure. I wonder if fucking Honey Ross will advocate the lifestyle of she dealt with that? I’m sure she would be happy to take daddy’s advice then. Go on a fucking diet and be a good example to an already entitled generation!!!
Rant over...sorry. I’m very passionate.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I had a heart attack last year and I'm in my 30s. The inside of one my coronary arteries tore and blocked it, stopping blood flow to a part of my heart. It is a rare condition called a SCAD. It didn't feel like a heart attack and there was no apparent cause. It took almost 2 days and a sudden deterioration in my condition for it to be accurately diagnosed. Some people (especially women) don't realise what is happening and for some it is so major it causes cardiac arrest. I had no idea until it happened to me. I'm still recovering over a year later.

• Heart
  • Sad

Gamu

VIP Member
This, for the love of God. Logged back on today hoping it wouldn't be the same old shit and whaddya know, we're still onto how much you all fucking hate fat people! Any chance you could change the record and stop being cunts (a hard call on a forum devoted to being a cunt, I know!)
As boring as the weight issue may be I think it is so cheeky to join a forum and start demanding that they abide by your rules- then follow it up by calling them cunts.

• Heart
  • Haha

Won’t you have a cup

Rod Stewart’s brunette lady companion isn’t Ronnie Wood is it?

There was that hilarious tweet a few years ago of Ronnie with Paul Weller, captioned “Auntie Maureen with her friend Jean at the bingo”, in which they bore a strong resemblance to seventy-something ladies.

• Haha
  • Heart

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I'm overweight myself, have been most of my life, and am now living with type 2 diabetes (family link, everyone on my dads side has it) and high blood pressure. I've gradually lost 4 stone, but am also very aware that I'm the one that's damaged my body through my diet over the last 20 years. Thankfully my GP and practice nurse have been really supportive and helpful in my journey.

She's no role model for young women. She's just the poster girl for heart attacks and diabetes, no matter how she dresses it up. Fat isn't cool, or pretty. It's damaging for your mental and physical health.

• Heart

Won’t you have a cup

On the subject of the Ross family, I am regularly entertained when we are told that Jonathan Ross and his wife Jane have ‘one of the strongest marriages in showbusiness’ etc.

I don't think so. In 1999 Jane followed up a stint in rehab, at The Priory, by walking out on Jonathan and her children and embarking on a very public affair (snogging in parks etc.) with the singer of a briefly famous band called The Barenaked Ladies. Jonathan devastated, etc. A few weeks later she went home. They got over it by buying a new seven bedroom house in Hampstead and appointing a housekeeper!

• Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I genuinely don't get some of these calling outs due to apparent cultural appropriation.

I'm white and absolutely more than happy to be educated if anyone cares to enlighten me, as I hate being ignorant on matters.

Again, this is a genuine query. If a black lady dyed her hair blonde and had it chemically straightened it, is that not cultural appropriation of white women? Where's the line?

This isn't meant to be inflammatory in any way, but it seems to be such a fine line. Can I wear my hair in two plaits? Or is that insulting towards native Americans?

Or is it that no cultures offended and it's just social media and press whipping up a frenzy? Anyone?
Don’t jump on me, as this is what I’ve read and been told. I’m not 100% sure if I agree or disagree. Also this is from a Western/American British viewpoint, I’m not sure about the rest of the world.
So a black lady having her hair chemically straightened isn’t seen as cultural appropriation because black women were forced to manipulate their hair into ‘white’ styles back in the day as styles that are associated with black hair (locs, braids, afros, knots, etc) were deemed unprofessional and unhygienic. So there has been a hair revolution of sorts within the black communities to embrace their natural hair and they have become protective over their natural hair and hairstyles because it wasn’t trendy or acceptable when they wear it but when a white person wears it, it’s seen as something new and on trend. In the fashion world it’s a big issue because brands hire models that are white but then change their appearance to mimic the look of black people: for example darker foundation and wigs that make them look like they have black hair. Why not just employ a black model who has these features naturally? Also doesn’t help that some editorials have white models in black hairstyles and then say it’s a new style and it’s so fashionable. The crux of the matter is where people can take or leave these styles whereas black peoples can’t and then they get chastised for them.
As for plaits, that’s another issue. I watched a YouTube video that said plaits came from Black Africans originally and were called ‘Dutch braids’ and ‘French plaits’ because the colonists came back to Europe with these ‘new styles’ that had been worn for centuries.
Some people argue that Vikings wore dreadlocks but white hair isn’t the right texture for dreadlocks so it’s more likely they weren’t dreads but braids.
Again, please don’t jump on me, I’m not saying I agree with it one way or another, it’s a very complex issue. Just trying to answer the questions posed by Miss Demeanour.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
A friend lives less than ten minutes away from it. Already said that he'll share any gossip he hears/sees.
I don't live a million miles away from Abergele - I shall position myself in the George and Dragon with a pint in hand, ready to be Tattle's Live Correspondent when Ant and Dec roll into town.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I think the GA women were damned either way - Sarah announced her illness publicly and if the others hadn't responded, they would have been castigated for being heartless and uncaring. I do hope that they have offered her their support privately as well.

Personally I have seen the effects of an advanced cancer diagnosis on a close relative, and the distant friends and family members making contact in an almost ghoulish way with distasteful questions like: How long have you got to live? Are you in pain? Have you tried apricot kernels and positive thinking? Have you prayed to our lord Jesus? Nothing helpful like do you need anything, shopping, toiletries, books to read, music to listen to, DVDs to watch, someone to talk to, someone to sit with you, someone to do your laundry, walk the dog, feed the cat, cook you dinner.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Shestheman22

Don’t ask me why but I’ve just been reading about Boris Johnson’s personal life... it blows my mind that a man like him has managed to bag so many women and has had multiple affairs! He doesn’t even know how many children he has, shocking.

• Haha
  • Sick

Doc

VIP Member
also nothing wrong with her party coke habit either, I don’t do it now but have done in past and yes even after I had kids. I don’t think parents should really do drugs but if they wanna - that’s their choice.
Off topic but I think all drugs should be legalised. In my experience, coke makes people irritating as hell but then again so does alcohol. My biggest problem with casual cocaine use is that someone probably brutally died somewhere down the supply chain for some party goer in the UK to have a sniff, and the end user couldn’t give a shit. I once watched a documentary where children of rival drug gangs were decapitated in revenge acts over supply. Lives are indeed cheap where coke is concerned.

• Sad
  • Heart

Lovegin

VIP Member
Quite a few years ago I watched a school rugby final on tv, the captain of one of the schools sadly died whilst playing for Ireland under 19s some months later, my own son was approximately aged 4 when this happened.

When my son turned 13/14 I got In touch with CRY
They screen for abnormalities in the heart through ECGs and echocardiograms, they organise sessions which are free (you make a donation), I think the session are usually in memory of someone who has passed, the one Alex went to was in memory of a young man who died of a cardiac event while looking at venues for his upcoming wedding. His mum and sisters were at the session

CRY do amazing work

• Heart
Reactions: 33