Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Linda got pregnant young, so they got married. Tom was socially in a lower “class”, and not liked by her family.
He also robbed his own Aunties’ shop, of course. More red flags for this man than for Stalin’s funeral.
I knew somone who said he’d worked with him. He claimed he was universally disliked. Tom Jones. Although Stalin wasn’t a nice man and had a shit voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Drea1984

Chatty Member
Poor Patrick. A terrible cancer.
He wasn’t classically good looking, but extremely attractive with an amazing physique. Nice how he was with his wife for years. I never heard any scandal about him.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Oh I doubt anything will come of it either. He has too many friends in high places and talks his way into, and out of everything.

Didn't know about his mum's book, though it's hardly surprising. She won't be the first to do that and won't be the last either. Pippa Middleton did the same too. It's farcical.
i presume Laura Brand is his wife. Shes presumably become another one of those celebs, like Joe Wicks who became parents less than 2 years ago but are experts in parenting. At least Pippa Middleton was roundly mocked for her terrible book and the publishers lost a load of money on it. Serves them right.

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Super tenuous Z-list gossip* alert: I’ve just seen on the Fail Sidebar of Shame that Lucy Fallon from Corrie has split with her boyfriend Tom. My OH and I went to a gig in Manchester last year and ended up chatting and then drinking with him and a group of his mates in the bar of our hotel after the gig. He was nice although very keen to tell us and anyone who would listen who his girlfriend was and seemed a proper lad about town. Weirdly he was on Instagram the whole time and started to give me tips on how to grow my account 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think that may just win the award for Shittest Encounter With Someone Who Knows A Crap Celebrity Ever 👌🏻

* not gossip at all

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Someone mentioned Louis Theroux. Does anyone else remember ‘When Louis Met Jimmy’? So chilling but great television, it was obvious Savile was a dodgy fucker when you look back. He managed to find Louis’s full address and said ‘I can get anything me’ and proper freaked Louis out. They also caught him on camera admitting that he’s tied up people who’d crossed and locked them in a cellar.

The series is now on Netflix but that episode and the one where he met Max Clifford are missing, for obvious reasons.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
On one of the Harry and Meghan thread there was a discussion about her going into politics, with people saying she wasn't intelligent enough.

I pointed out who was currently USA President and UK Prime Minister. I did describe him as Boris the Clown (This is considered polite in Scotland).

Somebody came right back at me saying that he was described as one of the most brilliant brains of his generation when he was at university and that I was letting my politics colour my views!!!

I actually wanted to say, no I'm letting the little old wine drinker me rumours from the Secret Celebrity gossip thread colour my views 😀😀😀
Some of the most “brilliant” people are also the silliest. Lack of maturity. decency, any sort of in-selfishness etc.
His character is appalling he is a faithless hedonist, if he wasn’t a heartless toff he’d be fun down the pub. That’s it though

Same for Cherie Blair, everyone says she’s brilliant but she’s silly. Boasting about two timing boyfriends when you’re middle aged, all that Carol nonsense, and driven by greed.
Yet she scored highest ever marks in her law exams.
I think character is the horse and intelligence the cart.

Chatter

Hi, long term lurker but new member, signed up to ask about Patsy Palmer but have realised I can‘t start my own thread so hoping it’s okay to ask in here? How has she made so much money? I’ve read how she’s dj’ed etc out in America but has she really been that successful? She’s seems to live an expensive lifestyle!
Don’t have the answer but just to say one day last summer I kept seeing her in Brighton. First she was sitting outside a bar with her husband and another guy. Then I was walking down one of the North Laines street and she was going into a shop, and with her distinctive voice she was telling her husband and the other guy not to go in the shop with her. I walked on to my favourite pizza place, and she came in with husband and other dude. She is a lot smaller than I thought she would be. Low key, no make up. Quiet, unassuming. I think she used to live in Brighton before she went to US.

We were sitting outside and they were sitting near us, but inside by a large open window. When we were ready to leave we were having trouble getting our bill. So I went inside and said excuse me to the waiting staff. Patsy’s husband stiffened, I think he thought I was going to say, can I have a selfie. I would rather chew my arm off than ask anybody for a selfie or an autograph so they were perfectly safe!

She seems to have a few famous friends in US. I think she is mates with Kelsey Grammer’s ex wife. She would get a lot of gigs through her contacts. She seems to have a nice life, nice hubby and kids, she is all about positive affirmations, a bit new agey. She had drink (and possibly drugs I am not sure) issues when she was younger. She really pulled her life around. Compare and contrast with Daniella Westbrook, her co star at the same time. She also lived in US for a while before her life went car crash.

With regard to James Corden I get a very gay vibe from him. I also think Jamie Redknapp is bi.

Ambrosie

VIP Member
Just reading about Elaine Lordan after previous posts here, poor sod has had a hard life...mother threw herself in front of a train and her one year year son died. I can’t imagine the pain her alcohol is numbing 😕 hope she gets better anyway
I remember the pictures of her in the papers drinking in the street. The whole thing was just really grubby. Imagine trying to sell more papers by showing someone at their very lowest. I hope she’s doing better now

lamaitresse

VIP Member
I worshipped Emily Lloyd as a teenager,Wish You Were Here is one of the most character defining films of my life. I do hope she’s okay.
Agree. I thought Emily was really feisty and destined for great things (suppose that's public personas for you). I've had problems with anxiety and moods so I really do feel for her.

I remember loads of people piled on a nasty DM story about her a few years ago, mentioned this on an earlier thread. The pap pictures showed her looking troubled and anguished, and even touched on her mental health issues, it was really despicable.

I'm assuming the complaints from the public got too much, or Emily's family intervened, because the URL stopped working after a while. It actually made me feel good that happened. I know many DM commenters are awful, but they really rose to the occasion (in a good way) for that horrible article.

Shame they didn't do the same (delete the URL) when Jan Moir wrote about Stephen Gateley not long after he died.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
A sort of Ex of mine knew him and said he was an absolute arsehole to women. Straight apparently, but a complete tosser, and quite ruthlessly ambitious.

I do know what you mean about the gaydar thought, I think it's the association with Michael Ball, who I have always thought was gay (and yes I know he's been in a relationship with Cathy McGowan for donkey's years but he just gives off that vibe... 😂 )
My parents went to see him perform in concert. Apparently he was very good, but was one of those who likes humiliating audience members. So if someone got up to go to the loo he’d single them out and say ‘oi, where are you going?’. That kind of thing. I hate performers who do things like that.

• Heart

Cannoteven

Ah, Christophe’s hair masks are amazing!! As for Pro Green, he’s a really lovely guy, and he just said that she (Millie) used to belittle him in public, called him her bit of rough, and used coke to keep her weight down. Apparently she only married him because she felt sorry for him..
Pro Green comes across really well in everything I've heard, read or seen him in. He deserves so much better than that! What a horrid girl

Jumperoo62

isn’t it more about their currency and earning power from young girls (ie a business decision) rather than being “ashamed”?
Sorry I missed this yesterday.

I don’t think he was ashamed. I think there were loads of reasons to keep it to himself from the business decisions you mention to being from a predominantly Catholic country and the stigma it would have attracted here in Ireland for both Stephen and his family. I believe his family were great but I suspect he was told to act straight by his record company.

It’s so short sighted as there would have been plenty of young boys who would have loved Stephen and bought his records if things were more open back then.

I am so glad it’s changed here now. It’s still not perfect and there are still far too many right wing religious fanatics but it’s so much better than it was.

Yes he wanted to be Prime Minister and that was it, there was no plan or vision he just wanted the status, and he has proved to be woefully incompetent. Going to a posh school does not mean you are intelligent.

I suspect he is intelligent but I don’t think he has any power at all. Cummings seems to run the show. I think the whole cabinet is out of touch and entirely incompetent. I just wish they would go but I don’t know what it will take for that. I’m no fan of the shadow cabinet and Keir Starmer either though 🤢

Last edited:

Misbehaving

VIP Member
I read recently that Emily Lloyd has a child with her ex boyfriend (think he's a musician) he lives in Brighton and looks after the child full time.

Yes i remember reading this at the time and feeling really bad for her although with hindsight it does explain a lot about her troubled state of mind and erratic behaviour.
If anyone was ever in doubt about the devastating impact of abuse then they only need to read about emily.
Having said that though she comes across as full of life and gusto and also as being incredibly brave i really hope that she can put this behind her and pick up the pieces of both her life and career no one will ever forget what a luminous and brilliant actress she is.
Just as an aside though how revolting and bitchy is the daily mail! Emily speaks eloquently and bravely about her trauma and the impact its had and yet also the dm can focus on is that she lives in a shabby east london flat!
Shame on you rebecca hardy and the nefarious daily mail where house prices/abode matters more than people!
Digusting i was pissed off with that at the time so thanks for giving me a reason to get it off my chest!

• Heart