Secret Celeb Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is hilarious, much needed distraction from the PS CF stuff right now....so not too much gossip but a couple of stories to share....

My dad worked for our local police force back in the 80s and he said xmas wasnt xmas without Jim Davidson getting himself arrested. Apparently he'd get completely pissed, fall out with his wife and end up sleeping it off in the cells over xmas! No surprise really 😂

Also the police used to do a bit of security work for Cliff Richard and it was common knowledge he had a live in boyfriend, my nan was pretty upset, she loved Cliff!

A friend of mine used to be in PR and worked with Gordon Ramsay at a show in Birmingham. Apparently he was always shagging around but his take on it was that it wasnt cheating because "if it's not in my postcode, it doesnt count" ....I still cannot help but like him though!!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I've yet to hear a bad word about George from folk (except the bloody press!) He did so much for others & didn't shout it from the rooftops neither. Legend of a man x
Does anybody remember the story that came out after he died that he paid for couples to have IVF? It was always kept quiet as he didn’t want any publicity about it. But a lovely lady told her story and how they have a son whose middle name is George

• Heart
Reactions: 68
A friend of mine had shenanigans with Pete Doherty in a nightclub toilet... made the papers 😂
There is something about Pete - or rather, there was in The Libertines days. I think it was his capacity to write their lyrics because they were like poetry.

Reactions: 14
Does anybody remember the story that came out after he died that he paid for couples to have IVF? It was always kept quiet as he didn’t want any publicity about it. But a lovely lady told her story and how they have a son whose middle name is George
Yes, I remember that story. Really nice thing to do.

Reactions: 16
Oh just remembered another one... in 80s we had an elderly neighbour who worked in Buckingham Palace (?) in his younger years - the Queen Mother was an utter twit to anyone who wasn’t aristocracy. She used to make them march up and down the corridors for hours just to be a witch.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Oh boy. If you want gossip about the royal family, Royal Foibles is the site to go to. Talk about a rabbit hole!

Yes! There's lots of stories about his generosity that only came to light after his death. Still makes me sad he's no longer here x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
A friend of mine worked for a construction company that were carrying out renovations for Lee Evans at his house.

It is actually really sad. He apparently would never answer the door or pick up the phone as he was so cautious of the fame and people trying to exploit him etc. He also would go running every morning before the sun was up because he didn’t want people to stop him.

Apparently when speaking to him personally, he’s really nice, but he has to decide that he wants to let his guard down with you first.

As I had been told all of this at the time, I wasn’t surprised when he retired.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Oh just remembered another one... in 80s we had an elderly neighbour who worked in Buckingham Palace (?) in his younger years - the Queen Mother was an utter twit to anyone who wasn’t aristocracy. She used to make them march up and down the corridors for hours just to be a witch.
My friend's grandmother worked for the QM and she told her she was a total witch to staff. My friend however, does have some very nice china which was gifted to her granny by the QM, it came with a handwritten card. Staff at Balmoral hate it when Prince Andrew visits, he's not liked very well at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Ive heard that she was not only a total witch, but a massive pisshead who'd pass out drunk most afternoons.

Reactions: 11
A relative took Katherine Jenkins home a few years ago completely oblivious to who she was, she sings in the shower and he told her she should do it professionally. She told him who she was, got the arse when he stared at her without a clue and left.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
There is something about Pete - or rather, there was in The Libertines days. I think it was his capacity to write their lyrics because they were like poetry.
Oh I agree. And Kate Moss clearly did too...

I was really into them when I was about 14, followed Pete everywhere I could. He was very open and always had people falling off him, girls and boys. There where a lot of stories about underage girls too. One he supposedly got pregnant way back in the early days. One I knew personally, she was 17/18 at the time , still st school and he was about 30. He always had a lot of very sinister people around him too, because of the drugs. I’m sure some awful things happened when they crosse paths with these naive adoring 14 year olds from Surrey. And he would often invite everyone back to his house after a gig or whatever so this happened a lot. Also he’d do last minute gigs there when he needed drug money. It was initially a really exciting scene but it was corrupted by some very scary , bad people.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Used to go to a local club absolutely years and years ago. It was a drinking club really with a DJ at the weekend. One Thursday night we went and we were told a local group would be performing. They were just starting out so make them welcome. There was no stage just a small dance floor that we gathered around . Out stepped two lads and two lasses. They sung to a backing track and we were all bored. They handed out fliers and they were scattered all over the pavement at the end of the night. We laughed and said they would never make it. Who knew George, Andrew, Pepsi and Shirley would actually go on to “Make it Big” . See what I did there ?😀. God bless George Michael he really went on to make it big

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Kate Moss may appear to be lovely but wtf was she doing with Philip Green?

but of an odd one this but I believe it to be true
Cliff Richard had those tasteful crochet/knitted doll toilet roll covers in his house

• Haha
absolutely love this thread!

I was at a show recently and Tom Fletcher was in the audience. I know he’s not overly popular on here but he was so lovely. Loads of people were asking for photos and autographs and he was so sweet and didn’t turn any of them away. Seemed a really kind and genuine bloke.

I once stood on Dermot O’Leary’s foot in WH Smith. He was lovely when I tried to apologise but was all shocked at who he was.

Patterson Joseph (Johnson from Peep Show) is an absolute darling.

Oh and my mate was once chatted up by Romeo from So Solid Crew. When she said ‘no thanks’ he genuinely uttered the words: do you know who I am? 🤢
Tom is okay it’s his smug wife I can’t stand with all the faux modesty and “little ol me” act , it’s nauseating

Reactions: 33
Kate Moss may appear to be lovely but wtf was she doing with Philip Green?

but of an odd one this but I believe it to be true
Cliff Richard had those tasteful crochet/knitted doll toilet roll covers in his house
He was the Arcadia boss and her topshop line was very profitable for her...

I did actually hear once that at some kind of fancy event / dinner to launch the line he kept her by his side all evening like she was his date ... and seemed to believe his own lie because he then assumed they would be having sex. He was quite leery and hands on. Kate Moss was physically sick.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
A friend of mine worked for a construction company that were carrying out renovations for Lee Evans at his house.

It is actually really sad. He apparently would never answer the door or pick up the phone as he was so cautious of the fame and people trying to exploit him etc. He also would go running every morning before the sun was up because he didn’t want people to stop him.

Apparently when speaking to him personally, he’s really nice, but he has to decide that he wants to let his guard down with you first.

As I had been told all of this at the time, I wasn’t surprised when he retired.
Omg my heart was pounding reading this I kept thinking please don’t be bad! I love Lee Evans! 🤩😥

Reactions: 18
ThIs was years ago they did a joke thing where when the lights came on she had been switched with a girl who is my cousin who was identical to her, to fool the audience I think this was the early days of celebrity juice it was that long ago now, my cousin tried to say hello to her and said it’s exciting and she just ignored her! she was nothing at all like how she is on this morning.
Doesn’t surprise me - so sickly sweet.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
A relative of mine was a builder and he was part of a team that built Wayne Rooney's mansion (not the new one), they said Wayne was an arse and Colleen was lovely and would make bacon sandwiches for the builders.
They also said that Wayne told the builders if they wanted anything signed to leave it in a certain place and he would do it when he got round to it. Let's just say the builders weren't Man Utd fans nor fans of Wayne Rooney so they didn't request anything to be autographed. 😀.
Wayne also banned one of builders from wearing a football shirt as it wasnt Man Utd (that was the club he was at at the time).

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.