Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Argento

My dad is a huge fan of Anthony Hopkins (AH) so you can imagine his delight when he was presented with the opportunity to meet him.

AH was filming Shadowlands in Oxford and my mum and dad replied to an advert for extras and were delighted to be accepted. My dad in particular was very excited at the possibility of seeing AH in he flesh.

On the day my parents were extras they were filming a garden party scene and my parents were asked to be in the background of a scene where AH was talking with the actress Debra Winger (DW). Whilst waiting around for the cameras etc to be set up AH approached my parents and said hello. He asked their names and then proceeded to chat with them for a few minutes until filming started.

When the director Richard Attenborough declared the break for lunch AH turned to my mum held out his arm and said 'shall we go for lunch?' He then turned to Debra Winger and asked her to take my dad's arm and join them for lunch.

So my parents got to spend an hour eating lunching and chatting with AH and DW. After lunch AH instructed a crew member to take a photo of my dad and him together and send it on. That photo still hangs in my parents house 27 years later.

That's a real movie star.

• Heart
Reactions: 269
I went to school with Bianca Gascoigne. Paul gascoigne's step daughter. Why she uses his name apart from fame I do not know. She was a nasty bully who was in a certain group of girls who just used to intimidate and be mean to the ones who didnt have horrible thick highlights and French tips like she did. Her hair was like a skunk the blond bits were so thick.

Luckily I wasn't on her radar being neither popular or geeky but I did use the toilet after her once and my goodness it was like something had died in there. Hardly a major celeb I know. Also realise most teen girls are nasty and everyone's shit stinks but I really want to contribute to this amazing thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108

Pennypennypenny

VIP Member
I don’t know if it’s a true story and it’s been around a while. Story goes Judy Dench was in Manhattan and crossing the road when a yellow cabbie beeped loudly on the horn and shouted ”get out of the road c—t “ she supposedly shouted back “that’s Dame c—t to you “ 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107

Mrs Pomadour

I know that Gary Glitters old house in Wedmore stands empty as they couldn't sell it. It was up for a really low price a few years ago I think but no one wanted it, understandably!
My husband was the person that called the police on him after receiving his laptop to fix and come across pictures, at a big computer company and that’s reason he was found out not the best claim to fame

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 106

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I have another one, non BBC related.

Back c. 2006/2007, I was taking my young kids to nursery and had a car accident, and my car ended up in the ditch.
Phil Vickery appeared on the scene in his 4x4. Got out and was very concerned about me and the kids. He towed my car out of the hedge and I was able to drive/limp home. He was so lovely and calming to me. Saved me £100 the local garage would have charged.
The following Saturday I took a bottle of wine and thank you card up to their house.
Fern answered the door and I asked if Phil was in.
She said no, so I explained I had a thank you gift for Phil.
She said, yes he told me all about it and asked if my kids were okay.
She said thank you so much, and there really was no need to do this.
She was absolutely lovely.

Saw them both at a book signing locally, and again both lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 102

itsmejess

Copying and pasting from thread 1..

I also heard the Marilyn Manson rib dick sucking story. Most school kids between the ages of about 8 and 18 in the late nineties and early noughties probably did ... I think it was a rumour started by Manson tbh. Fits his whole MO at the time - being as ‘shocking’ as possible. Definitely not true (or possible...?)
I heard the same rumour, it just reminded me my mum told me when she was drunk my dad can do the same 😭😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 100

Lurker111

Chatty Member
Years ago when mark Wright had left towie and had that stupid TV show of his with all his mates we saw him in ibiza chatting up some girl.. he was being quite rude and point blank ignoring the shop assistant who was trying to get his attention as his food order was ready, we called him out on being pure ignorant, and I kid you not his mate that had also been in the TV show came sauntering on out after us and said 'you cant talk to someone like that off itv2' I still cringe at that line 😂🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95

thegirlscout

VIP Member
My dad used to work with Prince Andrew in the Navy was said he was insufferable. Half the time he didn’t do what he was told and the other half he just did it half arsed. He also insisted on having his own private room with staff.
The thing that got to my dad was he would insist on people calling him His Royal Highness, The Prince Andrew (as he was then known) instead of his naval title (which I think was sub lieutenant???), even when they were in the war. If you called him anything else but his full title he wouldn’t do anything! My dad ended up calling him ‘Yorkie’ which made Andrew see red. My dad got called in infront his superiors one day and they said that there has been a complaint from higher up about the name calling to HRH, The Prince Andrew. And my dad was confused because he was the same as Andrew so Andrew couldn’t have been the ‘higher up’ complaining. And my dad’s superior just said ‘I mean *really* high up’.
Turns out Andrew had told his mum that my dad called him Yorkie and The Palace got in contact to make a complaint about my dad!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92

bobslob

Another one. Cilla Black on a flight, wouldn't speak to anyone, all communication had to go through her personal assisntant. A flight attendant leaned over to 'our Cilla' and said, "I knew you couldn't sing but I didn't know you couldn't fucking talk".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

theghosttown

VIP Member
My favourite ever sleb gossip rumour is that Rod Stewart had to have a litre of jizz pumped from his stomach after sucking off a bar full of sailors. I’m howling typing this. Obviously it’s a load of shit but you just have to google it.

I have another juicy tit bit. Olly Murs is absolutely wild in bed. I’ve not slept with him but I know someone who has.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79

Katydoo

I once saw Alexandra Burke in a pub in Hampstead just after she won X-Factor. There were about 4 people at the bar and she shouted unnecessarily loudly “No! too many people, I couldn’t possibly wait at the bar. I’m going to sit down” and stomped off leaving her mate to get the drinks. Later on in the car park she heard my sister say “Oh wait” and walk in her direction. She said to her mate “here we go, autograph” and rolled her eyes. My sister walked straight past her to go and scoop up our mums dog who had gone wandering. AB’s face was priceless... so was her mates!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
My husband used to work at the BBC, so I used to get invited to wrap parties and meet some of the “talent”.
Here goes:
Eamonn Holmes - absolutely lovely with everyone, very nice to me when I was introduced
Cheryl Baker - stuck up cow every time I met her (her sister was lovely though)
Kris Akabusi - lovely and very friendly, very loud voice
Betty Bothroyd and Moira Stewart - in a relationship
Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) and Pat St Clements - in a relationship
Bob Monkhouse - bottle of spirits with him while rehearsing on set
Gary Linekar - not friendly with production staff, apart from one girl he was shagging whilst married to his first wife
Adrian Chiles - grumpy as hell
Jonathan Ross - a production guy had a last minute invite to an awards show, had nothing to wear. JR arranged for 2 suits to be delivered in by courier to the BBC from home. Afterwards, this guy got the suit dry cleaned and went to return both to JR. He refused to take them back, said have them as I have loads....keep them.

Will try to remember any other stuff.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

MrsJoeyMac

Newbie here, enjoying this thread, thank you ! I have a lovely story about the late great George Michael. Have been a fan for many years. When we left school a good friend of mine got a job at a major UK airport. She worked as a’queue buster’ in security..where you put your stuff in the tray and it goes through the X-ray machine and you then move on to the patting down section! Sometimes she worked in VIP and they were under strict instructions not to be over friendly or ever ask for autographs from celebrities/VIPs , this was long before the selfie became the thing to ask for) . One day GM walked through and she was screening the hand luggage, she said they made small talk and he was really chatty and friendly. She took it upon herself to ask for an autograph for me....he wrote my name and signed his name, she said he was really lovely and said make sure you don’t get in trouble for asking!
I've yet to hear a bad word about George from folk (except the bloody press!) He did so much for others & didn't shout it from the rooftops neither. Legend of a man x

• Heart
Reactions: 77

Piptastic

I must have lived near Brian May when I lived in London as I saw him out and about quite a lot. Most memorable was one day I was in Homebase with my flatmate. Brian was behind us in the queue. She had her back to him and was chatting loudly. I was facing her (and him) and kept making my eyes wide and slightly nodding behind her. He could see what I was doing, but kept smiling pleasantly. She was oblivious, so eventually I whispered 'Brian May is behind you', she then staged whispered 'who? WHO?'. I was mortified, but he caught my eye and we both laughed as he totally knew what was happening. He then said 'bye' to me as I sheepishly left. Later that day I walked past him waiting outside our local cinema - we both clocked each other and laughed. He is now obviously my bff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

Missydog

Miss ross
This happened to a Friend of mine, about twenty years ago.. his mum was a huge diana Ross fan, and she and her friends had bought tickets for the concert. This guy mum was head of housekeeping in a very well known luxury hotel where it turned out miss Ross would be staying. The day before her arrival, all the staff were given instructions not to look or speak to her, unless she spoke to them first. Anyhow.. friends mum went to the concert, and the next day in work, still on a high, she saw Diana Ross in her suite, she thought about the orders which had been given, then promptly ignored them, and said.. miss Ross,I saw you last night in concert, and you were absolutely brilliant, it was the best experience of my life etc etc.. Diana Ross simply smiled, and my friends mum went about her day, until she was summoned to the hotel managers office and was told that she had disobeyed the orders given, and Ross wanted her fired! The hotel gave her the rest of the week off, so she wouldn’t be seen. She was absolutely heartbroken, never listened to her again!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

bubbletea123

VIP Member
My journalist husband said she is about to announce she is gay, leave her husband and shack up with her lover 😱 we do have the gayest parliament in the world so wouldn’t surprise me
I always thought Nicola Sturgeon was gay. Lol. I'm surprised she is married to a man.

Reactions: 69

Argento

After sharing my parents celebrity encounter with Anthony Hopkins below are my celeb moments:

Lionel Blair - my mother and I were christmas shopping on Oxford Street and saw Lionel walking quickly towards us. 'Hello Lionel' i waved as he came close. 'F**k off' he replied and kept walking.

Melinda Messenger - saw her in Pizza Hut in Swindon with her then husband. She was tiny which made which made her boobs look enormous.

Ant and Dec - they came into a chinese restaurant in Oxford with a bunch of male friends. They were very drunk and very loud but not in an obnoxious way.

Mila Jovovich - talked to her and her equally gorgeous friend in a cinema queue in Oxford. She was really nice and very funny.

Paul Merton - stood next to him in the NFT Bookshop. My friend whispered to me 'That's Paul Merton, are you going to ask for his autograph?' 'No' I replied. 'He is here to see a movie same as us so I am going to leave him alone to enjoy his day.' Paul turned to me and said 'Thank you. Enjoy your movie.' and walked off.

Phil Lynott - when I was 14 and living in Germany my school arranged a trip to see Thin LIzzy in concert. We arrived really early and when we parked our coach we saw the band playing football round the back of the concert hall. We went over and Phil invited us to join in their game so I played football with Thin Lizzy.

Selma Blair - I met her at a film premiere in London.

Some of you may recall that there was an episode of Friends where they discuss celebrity cheat lists. This is where you are allowed to nominate celebrities that you can cheat on your partner with. Well, when my wife and I saw that episode and had a laugh declaring our list. I had Selma Blair in my list so when I met Selma I joked about this with her (Selma appeared in Friends so that was my lead in). Selma said to call my wife and she would speak to her. So I rang my wife. I reminded her of the celebrity cheat list and that I was stood next to Selma Blair.

'F**k O**' my wife replied.

'Its true.' I said.

She wants to talk to you and handed my mobile to Selma. Selma talked to my wife for a couple of minutes, wished her a good night, told her she had nothing to worry about and handed the phone back to me.

'Told you she was here' I said to my wife.

'How nice is she?' .

'Get yourself home now' she replied and hung up.

I told Selma what my wife had said, thanked her for being such a good sport and then like a good boy I went home to my wife.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
I've yet to hear a bad word about George from folk (except the bloody press!) He did so much for others & didn't shout it from the rooftops neither. Legend of a man x
Does anybody remember the story that came out after he died that he paid for couples to have IVF? It was always kept quiet as he didn’t want any publicity about it. But a lovely lady told her story and how they have a son whose middle name is George

• Heart
Reactions: 68