Secret Celeb Gossip #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm...I mean Wikipedia says he’s been married to his second wife since the 2000s and I’m pretty sure the brothers have been rowing since the 90s, so I think the root cause is actually something else/earlier/this is false.
Note i said supposedly...i dont know that for sure, it's just been spoken about on many forums.

Think Shiloa, sorry crap spelling, is too young to be having sexual relations
It doesn't say the child is having sexual relations? In the comments the article everyone is split on either Damien Hurley or Shiloh Pitt

Reactions: 1
Funny you mention Bruce Forsyth, my father in law has always loathed him, as years ago his sister used to work in a hotel in Yorkshire and Sir Bruce was a guest. He doesn't know exactly what happened, only that his sister came home in floods of tears and would never talk about BF or watch anything he was on ever again. She said he'd shouted at her and been really nasty and rude and that was all FIL could ever get out of her, but he thinks more went on for her to never speak of him or watch anything of his ever again.
I remember my great aunt worked at a hotel for a good 20 years through 70s-80s and used to say he was nasty.

Reactions: 11
Tim Booth is lovely in my eyes...but alot of people don't have time for him anymore. He's very opinionated but his opinions are all well...he's abit of a hippy, hates the way the world is going and gets stressed with people wanting pictures with him though he will still happily pose. He's more of a "be in this moment just you and i, not you, i and your phone" haha.
Argh, Tim Booth :mad:

On holiday last year I went to see James play at a festival full of other middle aged parents and their kids. The whole set was really grim - I know they've been going for ages, but they played 90% new stuff, and 10% of their popular hits - the whole thing started with 'Sit Down' in a real 'ffs, lets get it over with' way. He also swore all the way through, particularly when he noticed the crowd weren't as into the new stuff. Woman I got chatting to at the bar said they'd had the Charlatans there the year before & they were superb.

Indie gossip - gave Bez from the Happy Mondays a lift to a rave when I was a student. Couldn't have been nicer (though he was so out of it he was foaming at the mouth).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: 2

On holiday last year I went to see James play at a festival full of other middle aged parents and their kids. The whole set was really grim - I know they've been going for ages, but they played 90% new stuff, and 10% of their popular hits - the whole thing started with 'Sit Down' in a real 'ffs, lets get it over with' way. He also swore all the way through, particularly when he noticed the crowd weren't as into the new stuff. Woman I got chatting to at the bar said they'd had the Charlatans there the year before & they were superb.

Indie gossip - gave Bez from the Happy Mondays a lift to a rave when I was a student. Couldn't have been nicer (though he was so out of it he was foaming at the mouth).
Haha oh dear, i have posted this before but Bez was horrible to me. I asked for a picture with him...i was only about 12 and he smashed the camera onto the floor and broke it. The woman he was with was mortified but he was too off it to give a tit!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15

While at uni in Manchester Tim Booth 'stole' the girlfriend of a bloke I used to work with. The girlfriend was Sophie Aldred who went on to be a Dr Who sidekick. The jilted guy was still bitter about it 30 years later.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
While at uni in Manchester Tim Booth 'stole' the girlfriend of a bloke I used to work with. The girlfriend was Sophie Aldred who went on to be a Dr Who sidekick. The jilted guy was still bitter about it 30 years later.
Seeing as we were talking about celebs giving their kids stupid names earlier in this thread, did you know that Tim Booth named his first child Photo?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Something I've wondered about is posting actual names/initials especially if person has a 'super injunction' 🤔 although these celeb gagging orders don't seem to be as prevalent as they used to be circa Giggs et al. When I was a real newbie here I put initials of someone, remembered they had all the legals, panicked and did the digital version of McLean's SHRED, SHRED, SHRED 😳. I'm nice n relaxed a few months in but pretty much everything shocked me then!
Sorry I'm catching up (logged on to 43 notifications!) so I guess this is replying to a message from 10 pages ago. However, it's gossip and speculation so initials are still pointless I think. Giggs didn't sue anyone who reported it after parliamentary privilege was used or those who outed him on Twitter before then.

Reactions: 4
I remember my great aunt worked at a hotel for a good 20 years through 70s-80s and used to say he was nasty.
I interviewed Forsyth once and I have to say he was really professional - too much, really, in the sense that he was too pre-rehearsed with his anecdotes, but you could tell how different his generation was from the mumbling, dithering, twits one tends to interview these days. They tried to give you what material they thought you needed, as swiftly as possible (Barbara Windsor was just the same in that sense). But Brucie was also quite unnerving - he was due to play golf in about thirty minutes, and he reminded me so many times of that fact that I was increasingly on edge!

Golf was certainly the danger zone as far as provoking his worst qualities was concerned. I knew a very good and witty journalist who was sent to play a round of golf with him and do a 'jolly' piece about it. Well, as the journalist was a mediocre golfer who just played for fun, he had Forsyth growling and glaring at him from about one minute into the round. He took it ridiculously seriously. Which of course only served to make the journalist slice each shot wildly because of nerves - which made Brucie even more furious. By the end of it the poor hack was a gibbering wreck!

By far the worst celeb from that era in terms of temper was Ronnie Corbett. I've known really powerful TV bosses who said they'd simply run and hide if they saw Corbett going red in the face because they knew what was coming. He was like a small but very loud and dangerous volcano when he blew his top. David Renwick was too polite to be quite candid about it, but he based most of Victor Meldrew on Corbett.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Anything on Sophie Ellis-Bextor?
Sophie and her family used to be regulars at a cafe/restaurant I used to work in. She is lovely and very pretty in real life, also surprisingly, she is quite tall. Nothing scandalous I’m afraid 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21

we saw James at a festival a couple Of years ago - they were one of the headliners and they DIDNT play sit down - all stuff that no one knew and. They went down very limply

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.