Secret Celeb Goss #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right all I have had a whiff of a scandal but I’m tit at web searches so I wondered if any of you know or can find more.
Graham Coxon of Blur was with his partner Essy Syed for years and they have a daughter together. Apparently someone on Instagram contacted Essy and showed her pics of Graham with a young girl which are somewhere on Instagram still but I dunno where.
Going by Essy’s Instagram she and GC have now split and her and the daughter are off on their own. See attached screen grab. She describes herself as an abuse survivor and in another post she has a black eye and says she has lost 3 stone!
I used to have a massive crush on him, huge fan. That poor woman, nothing really surprises me about celebrities anymore. I hope she's ok and her daughter

Reactions: 6
Not real tea here but wondering if anybody here ever heard rumours of a love affair between John Lennon and Paul McCartney? I've often seen random posts on Beatles related fan sites and various users claiming insider knowledge and proof of a realtionship that ended in the late 60s. There have been questions since his death on Lennons sexuality but never linked with McCartney. Does anyone believe there's any truth in the claims?
It was John and their manager Brian Epstein, who are alleged to have had an affair.

Reactions: 2
Ugh.
I’m sure all the Virgin staff who were made redundant will be delighted the egotistical hole managed to find a couple of billion pounds down the back of the sofa to pay for this giant ego trip. Wanker.
I must admit if I had the chance to do what he's about to, I would certainly take it.

Earlier reports said he was flying at about two pm. He will now not set off till at least three-thirty pm.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It was John and their manager Brian Epstein, who are alleged to have had an affair.
The Brian Epstein thing was well documented, I think John actually discussed it in the Playboy interview before his death calling it an almost affair but that it was never consummated. The Paul stuff I've seen in certain areas of Beatles fandom. In mainstream the only time I've seen it alluded to was comments Yoko made to the Lennon biographer Philip Norman that they both backpeddled from after publication of the John Lennon The life biography.

The same with me since Rolf Harris - and someone on here even had a bad story about Ken Dodd.
NO!! Not Ken Dodd. Was he diddling the Diddy Men?

When the Rolf Harris story broke, I was gobsmacked. This was a man who cried over poorly badgers.

Reactions: 13
NO!! Not Ken Dodd. Was he diddling the Diddy Men?
This was it.

• Wow
When the Rolf Harris story broke, I was gobsmacked. This was a man who cried over poorly badgers.
I worked with someone who was a huge Rolf fan. He paid something like £20k (from memory, could have been 40) for one of his paintings. He even showed me photos on his phone of him and his son dressed as Rolf for fancy dress and they both looked uncannily like him.

I no longer worked with him when the news broke but I really felt bad for my former colleague.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Ugh.
I’m sure all the Virgin staff who were made redundant will be delighted the egotistical hole managed to find a couple of billion pounds down the back of the sofa to pay for this giant ego trip. Wanker.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. There are businesses carrying the Virgin name and people are fooled into believing that he actually still owns them. He has taken out everything and more that he could for his vanity projects and makes me sick. Funnily enough I was reading about Necker Island the other day - he still owns that although there is a covenant that all beaches up to the high-tide mark are Crown property and therefore open to the public!

I must admit if I had the chance to do what he's about to, I would certainly take it.

Earlier reports said he was flying at about two pm. He will now not set off till at least three-thirty pm.

Couldn't they have got sharpie eyebrows and elf ears for the occasion?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I discovered these threads a couple of days ago and they have kept me thoroughly entertained while I've been unwell, so thank you.
I'm a failed actress (as in I trained but like most of us wannabes, didn't get anywhere - too short, too curvy, nose not perfect enough etc :)) and then retrained as a make up artist so I've loosely been in some of the circles mentioned and some of these posts have had me roaring with laughter.
I'm no longer in the industry and am trying to think of any good gossip I have, although it would likely be a couple of years out of date. It's been very very funny to see experiences talked about on here that align with my own, or to see those that are clearly fantasy although very entertaining at the same time. (Of course, people could think that about anything I end up sharing, the joy of forums!).

Some celebrities I've done make up for - Chris Evans, lovely, I know nothing about his romantic life etc but very charming and chatty and makes an effort to remember the details.
Mark Ruffalo - as everyone has said, just a gorgeous, lovely, humble man who really listens and seems interested.
Jeremy Renner - okay, awkward sense of humour, doesn't always pitch it right but generally very pleasant

Sarah Lancashire - fantastic, lovely, very grateful for all her opportunities.
Anna Friel - little bit stand offish at first, but chatty and very sweet once she's warmed to you
Peter Andre - surprised me with how down to earth he was
Emilia Fox - really friendly and warm

I'll try to remember any others that have stuck out. I was at theatre school with a few famous names before my change of career, one or two I am still friendly with, and I will say that generally famous people are just like your co-workers at the office really, in terms of how they come across - everyone puts on their game professional face for the most part but even the loveliest ones have bad days and get grumpy or snappy or arrogant or fed up and if that's when you meet them...well for famous people, that impression sticks!

I was a bit scared off this site having seen some of the vitriol on other threads but this one has been very entertaining and a good balance, so thank you for keeping me occupied! :D

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Mmmm Mark Ruffalo

When I hear his name it always reminds me of Amy Poehler at the Golden Globes and her "Everyone knows I like it Ruffalo" joke

How on earth did you manage to do him, his face, do his face, without accidentally licking it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I discovered these threads a couple of days ago and they have kept me thoroughly entertained while I've been unwell, so thank you.
I'm a failed actress (as in I trained but like most of us wannabes, didn't get anywhere - too short, too curvy, nose not perfect enough etc :)) and then retrained as a make up artist so I've loosely been in some of the circles mentioned and some of these posts have had me roaring with laughter.
I'm no longer in the industry and am trying to think of any good gossip I have, although it would likely be a couple of years out of date. It's been very very funny to see experiences talked about on here that align with my own, or to see those that are clearly fantasy although very entertaining at the same time. (Of course, people could think that about anything I end up sharing, the joy of forums!).

Some celebrities I've done make up for - Chris Evans, lovely, I know nothing about his romantic life etc but very charming and chatty and makes an effort to remember the details.
Mark Ruffalo - as everyone has said, just a gorgeous, lovely, humble man who really listens and seems interested.
Jeremy Renner - okay, awkward sense of humour, doesn't always pitch it right but generally very pleasant

Anna Friel - little bit stand offish at first, but chatty and very sweet once she's warmed to you

I'll try to remember any others that have stuck out. I was at theatre school with a few famous names before my change of career, one or two I am still friendly with, and I will say that generally famous people are just like your co-workers at the office really, in terms of how they come across - everyone puts on their game professional face for the most part but even the loveliest ones have bad days and get grumpy or snappy or arrogant or fed up and if that's when you meet them...well for famous people, that impression sticks!

I was a bit scared off this site having seen some of the vitriol on other threads but this one has been very entertaining and a good balance, so thank you for keeping me occupied! :D
Nah come back and spill the tea. I love these threads, sometimes, they can be fun, informative and yeah some are annoying but pick and chose or ignore. Welcome 😊

Reactions: 17

I’m not surprised by your assessment of any of them to be honest. Jeremy Renner is always a bit awkward in interviews. He did say once that growing up in a big family made him quite shy and awkward. His youngest brother was born when he was 40, so go figure!

Did you get any gay vibes from Chris Evans? I’m convinced he is! 🙈

Reactions: 5
I worked with someone who was a huge Rolf fan. He paid something like £20k (from memory, could have been 40) for one of his paintings. He even showed me photos on his phone of him and his son dressed as Rolf for fancy dress and they both looked uncannily like him.

I no longer worked with him when the news broke but I really felt bad for my former colleague.
And then there was the guy who paid well over the odds at auction for Savilles Rolls Royce.

Reactions: 1
I wholeheartedly agree with you. There are businesses carrying the Virgin name and people are fooled into believing that he actually still owns them. He has taken out everything and more that he could for his vanity projects and makes me sick. Funnily enough I was reading about Necker Island the other day - he still owns that although there is a covenant that all beaches up to the high-tide mark are Crown property and therefore open to the public!

Couldn't they have got sharpie eyebrows and elf ears for the occasion?
It just bleeping infuriates me how much money is spent on space.
Surely it would be easier, quicker and cheaper if Branson, Musk and Bezos sat around a table, whipped their dicks out and then brought in an independent adjudicator with a ruler.

Have to add to the general admiration for Mark Ruffalo. I’d take out each and every one of you to get to the front of the queue for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Ginger Chris or Hollywood Chris? I met Ginger Chris and he was anything but charming and chatty - he was in an obnoxious 'don't you know who I am?' mood that day.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.