Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone jumped from Saxanda to Ozempic? I’m on 3mg Sax and one pen left so 6 days. I have Ozempic ready and waiting to move over to. Wondering what dosage to go for. As I’m on 3mg of Sax would I be ok jumping straight to 1mg of Ozempic? Or should I maybe go 0.5 first

Reactions: 1
Anyone jumped from Saxanda to Ozempic? I’m on 3mg Sax and one pen left so 6 days. I have Ozempic ready and waiting to move over to. Wondering what dosage to go for. As I’m on 3mg of Sax would I be ok jumping straight to 1mg of Ozempic? Or should I maybe go 0.5 first
The pharmacy I used made me start at 0.25 and I didn’t lose anything to speak of until I went to 1.0.

I should have pushed for starting on the higher dose.

Reactions: 2
What types of meals are you guys having? Snacks etc for those with a sweet tooth? Second time around I’m not doing that great

I just eat whatever I fancy. Because I eat so little anyway I don’t really worry about whether that’s a bowl of crunchy nut or granola and yoghurt, chicken and salad or cheese and pasta etc, because I know I won’t eat enough of it to be a problem if that makes sense. I’d probably have wasted away to nothing by now if I’d stuck to healthy food too.

I don’t snack and only eat twice a day though, so that may make a difference for me.

I’m
I just eat whatever I fancy. Because I eat so little anyway I don’t really worry about whether that’s a bowl of crunchy nut or granola and yoghurt, chicken and salad or cheese and pasta etc, because I know I won’t eat enough of it to be a problem if that makes sense. I’d probably have wasted away to nothing by now if I’d stuck to healthy food too.

I don’t snack and only eat twice a day though, so that may make a difference for me.
I’m pretty much the same.

I've put on 3 pounds over the past two weeks being so constipated and been emotionally eating again so don't feel as full. I'm on 3mg so max dose now and don't know if I'm just getting used to the drug. :/

How long have you been on 3mg? Have you managed to find anything that works for the 💩 or are you still struggling?

Blimey. Is it worth a call to the GP? It’s not something I’ve struggled with so I’m not really sure what else to advise. But it could be impacted and causing a blockage so might be worth getting checked out.

Advice please needed - for the past 5 years I’ve been weighing myself on those old fashioned doctors scales. My weight is high so it spins around past the top number and then I have to add on the extra weight myself. I use stone and pounds and the highest number ends and then 8lbs later the 0 starts so it’s been a bit complicated adding the extra weight up. It also has kg and someone suggested I try and use that as well. It’s worked for me so far but today I was weighed at a hospital using an electronic scale and I’m actually 11lbs lighter than what I’ve been reading myself as. I should say now that I’m terrible and really unconfident when it comes to maths.
I’m thinking that I should buy myself a proper electronic scale but that would mean my previous measurements will be off and then I’ve lost 5 years of weighing myself (I like the little progress graph on MyFitnessPal). Should I carry as I’m hoping I’ll get down to the highest number on my dr’s scale or buy a new one and then go through MyFitnessPal and rework out what I had previously calculated (I take photos of the scales) and change them accordingly?

Hi I’m about to start ozempic and I was wondering has anyone used this to get back to a weight they wanted to achieve then come off it- what was it like when you came off? Did you put the weight back on? I’ve put on about 3 stone since my second child and really want to just get back to the way I was

You will lose the weight, though there’s some evidence many people put weight back on when they stop. However, speaking as someone who isn’t a scientist, I would think it would be easier to keep baby weight off as it isn’t there in the first place through lifestyle.

Some (including me) plan to go on a lower maintenance dose once they reach target. Or I might come off and go back on any time the weight starts to creep up.

When I had a break on Saxenda, my weight piled on at an alarming rate and I wasn’t overeating.

I’m using Ozempic now and the once weekly dose is more convenient.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.