Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to our new thread! A summary of the last few for newbies (please feel free to add to this):
Shop around and look for discount codes. MedExpress seems to be the cheapest currently and often has discount codes available.
People on this thread are on a variety of injections and from different places so ease of access varies too. Needles should be included in all orders but spares are available easily online.
The official guidance is that the lower doses are just to get your body used to the meds, and you should give it 3 months to determine whether these medications work for you. If they work you’ll lose at least 5% of your body weight in the first 3 months. Some have results faster but others don’t lose much until month 3. This isn’t an overnight fix.
There doesn’t seem to be much (any?) success stories getting it prescribed on the NHS (yet).
It’s possible to get 5 doses out of the mounjaro pen - it’s hard to twist it a 5th time but it does go eventually. Alternatively it can be syringed out with an insulin needle.

Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/saxenda-ozempic-wegovy-and-mounjaro-advice-and-support-8.44691/

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Those getting 5 doses out of the Mounjaro pen, are you reusing the most recent needle? I assume this is bad form, so are people doing this with fresh needles? thanks

Those getting 5 doses out of the Mounjaro pen, are you reusing the most recent needle? I assume this is bad form, so are people doing this with fresh needles? thanks
I was sent 5 needles by Bolt Pharmacy. I guess they picked up that people were taking the 5th dose. People have been buying insulin needles from amazon.

Reactions: 2
thanks for the new thread!

So, over 48 hours on Mounjaro. I was worried at first that it wasn’t doing anything, but I definitely have decent appetite suppression now and getting full very quickly. Side effects wise not a lot yet - a bit of nausea, burping - only thing concerning me is constipation. Due to some surgery I had to repair childbirth injuries I really can’t afford to strain. I am already quite constipated even though it’s only been 2 days. I always drink loads of water anyway but I’m not sure what else try - I’ve never had this problem before.

Are you eating enough fibre? I have flax seed in my overnight oats to increase my fibre as i don't eat enough veg.

Are you eating enough fibre? I have flax seed in my overnight oats to increase my fibre as i don't eat enough veg.
Yes I eat a large proportion of fruit and veg in my diet, but I think overall as I haven’t eaten much food in general in the last couple of days maybe it isn’t enough. I’m actually not sure how to get enough fibre, protein, vitamins, etc when you can’t manage to eat much! I guess it’ll be a balancing act to figure it out.

Is anyone bruising more easily? I have 2 huge bruises that shouldn't be nearly as bad as they are.

• Heart
What are you all using to track your weight?

I have some Renpho scales that upload the weight automatically into the app and into my iPhone health app. But I want something that shows me the progress I’m making as I’m useless at working it out 😅. So I downloaded the nutracheck calorie counter app as it shows the progress with a simple bar graph and predicts when you’ll reach your target weight. However, when I synced it with my health app, the numbers were off. So for example in nutracheck, 256.2lbs converts to 18st 4.2lbs whereas in the health app it’s 18st 3lbs. I know the difference is tiny but it’s bugging me 🤣 I prefer to see the weight in st and lbs

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Is anyone bruising more easily? I have 2 huge bruises that shouldn't be nearly as bad as they are.
Yes!! My tummy weirdly is covered in bruises that I don’t even remember doing.
---

I have some Renpho scales that upload the weight automatically into the app and into my iPhone health app. But I want something that shows me the progress I’m making as I’m useless at working it out 😅. So I downloaded the nutracheck calorie counter app as it shows the progress with a simple bar graph and predicts when you’ll reach your target weight. However, when I synced it with my health app, the numbers were off. So for example in nutracheck, 256.2lbs converts to 18st 4.2lbs whereas in the health app it’s 18st 3lbs. I know the difference is tiny but it’s bugging me 🤣 I prefer to see the weight in st and lbs
I use the Renpho scales and app and feel like it’s really good at showing progress?

Yes!! My tummy weirdly is covered in bruises that I don’t even remember doing.
---

I use the Renpho scales and app and feel like it’s really good at showing progress?
Yeah I like the app with the graph and everything, but I want something to tell me how much I’ve lost in total…unless it does do that and I can’t see that in the app 😅

So I was due to go up to 1.7 Wegovy yesterday but counted clicks and did 1.4 as I was nervous with it being half term that I’d just be in bed feeling sorry for myself. Glad I did this as I do feel a bit ropey today but had a small high protein breakfast and making sure to get my water in me.

Reactions: 1

I use the Happy Scale app - I weigh every day and it keeps an average for you! https://happyscale.com/

In other news, guess who drank a million beers yesterday? Surprisingly don't feel too bad today.

Week 2 done! I've lost 9.6lb in total, so 3lb this week which is gooooood. Still running 3 times a week, although I definitely feel like I can eat more nowadays. Will need to order my next pen next week so debating whether to stay on 2.5, or go up to 5? ARGH.

The nutracheck app was showing I'd lost less than my fitness pal but had the same start weight and current weight. I pay for nutracheck and find it's really glitchy these days, I used to think it was far easier to use than my fitness pal.

In other news I'm 4lb off a 2 stone loss at the start of week 7 🥳

I stuck to 2.5 and at this point I'm feeling no appetite suppression and the food noise is back so it is deffo time to move to 5 - I may order early and start early as I don't want to risk going backwards!
---
Also I lost loads in the first 4 weeks, the losses have been 1-3lb a week since.

Week 4- injecting today then will have the spare dose next week I will get out by the insulin syringe I’ve ordered
Weight loss- 11lbs
I can fit into some clothes that were really tight last year so I’m very happy

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Week 4- injecting today then will have the spare dose next week I will get out by the insulin syringe I’ve ordered
Weight loss- 11lbs
I can fit into some clothes that were really tight last year so I’m very happy
I'm mourning the clothes I put on Vinted last year that would fit again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ooh I’m really hungry today 🙁 I’m scared to eat much for fear of triggering bad side effects. I definitely had decent appetite suppression yesterday and the day before, so not sure what’s happening.

Day 1 of my period today which was a few days late. Just walked to the shop to get crisps and chocolate for the first time in months - decided to give in to the cravings seeing as I haven’t had them for so long! Usually I’d beat myself up after a binge like this but I’m seeing it as a win because it made me realise how long it’s been since I wanted to eat like this.

Reactions: 7