Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a coupon code for £10 off at Rightangled if anyone needs a little discount!

Reactions: 2
Hi all

just started wegovy last Thursday. I don’t have the urge to eat but could still polish off my dinner. I’ve lost a bit on the scales already BUT I’ve taken like a flu thing and it’s partially due to that,

Guys, I haven’t updated in a while because I’m feeling so deflated ( figuratively speaking ) 🤦🏻‍♀️
I lost 5lbs on my first two weeks with WeGovy, and since then I’ve put it back on, and stayed the same since! I’m on my last week of 0.5 , self funding but I don’t know whether to carry on or not?! No side effects other than feeling sicky occasionally but to curb it I have to eat 🙄
Has anyone had this happen? Should I move to Ozempic or mountjaro?! Advice please! From a desperate mum of four , who has super high blood pressure ( medicated ) and severe sleep apnea, im only 30 and cannot understand how
I’m not losing weight 😩

• Sad
Guys, I haven’t updated in a while because I’m feeling so deflated ( figuratively speaking ) 🤦🏻‍♀️
I lost 5lbs on my first two weeks with WeGovy, and since then I’ve put it back on, and stayed the same since! I’m on my last week of 0.5 , self funding but I don’t know whether to carry on or not?! No side effects other than feeling sicky occasionally but to curb it I have to eat 🙄
Has anyone had this happen? Should I move to Ozempic or mountjaro?! Advice please! From a desperate mum of four , who has super high blood pressure ( medicated ) and severe sleep apnea, im only 30 and cannot understand how
I’m not losing weight 😩
As far as I know the lower doses are only to get you used to the higher doses which are the full strengths that should give the intended effect. Did you start on 0.5 wegovy? Have you been tracking your calories or anything?

Btw wegovy = ozempic just one is prescribed for weight loss one is for diabetes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Those of you who are relatively new, you need to understand that for the first 12 weeks this is the build up doses to get you up to the required level. You may only lose a pound, you might lose 12+. You cannot do anything but wait out these

There is no point debating giving up or changing medication 6-8 weeks in. The more medication you try and move around the more change you have of it eventually not working.

Stick with it and trust the process. If you are worried, make sure your tracking your calories just to see where you’re at.

Also, wegovy is the weight loss trade name for ozempic. It is the same thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Third weigh in today! And tomorrow will be my fourth injection of MJ.
I’ve lost 0.7lb this week, not as much as previous weeks but a loss is a loss. Plus I’m on my period and I’ve drank a fair bit of alcohol since Thursday so I will take that 🤣🙈
My total loss so far is 9.8lbs so pretty good going.
My food noise is quiet, the desire to eat still isn’t there. But I will say I have eaten more this week especially the last few days. It has been a very social week and weekend so whilst I wasn’t hungry, there was picky food out to eat.
Ready for the new week 🙌🏽

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’ve been on Wegovy for a month and I’ve lost 21 pounds. Wanted to give some postive vibes for anyone who is thinking of doing this ❤🔥

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
For the next thread shall we update the title and include Mounjaro? This is the first thread we've had since it's been avail in the UK and so many are now on it so it feel right to include! eg

Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Reactions: 15
As far as I know the lower doses are only to get you used to the higher doses which are the full strengths that should give the intended effect. Did you start on 0.5 wegovy? Have you been tracking your calories or anything?

Btw wegovy = ozempic just one is prescribed for weight loss one is for diabetes.

I started on 0.25 so this will be my 8th week, 4th week on 0.5 . I have around 4 stone to lose so I was hoping to see a little improvement. I will stick with it whilst I have the means to keep self funding, i got referred to weight loss management tier 3 by my gp, had a letter through and they want me to attend three 1hour sessions a week with a nutritionist and dietitian for 12months! This is impossible with 4 kids with school runs and childcare, I have toddler and baby at home so it’s not ideal to say the least. I have high BP and diagnosed sleep apnea so the GP assumed I would have been able to skip that part thought.
I’ll start tracking calories from this weeks injection. Does anyone have any advice on what to stick with in terms of calories? I generally eat fat free yog for breakfast or skip it and have a salad or jacket potato for lunch then usually chicken / steak and veg ect for tea . If I get a takeaway I tend to stick to the grilled chicken kebab/ tandoori main , rarely eat carbs or any kind . My weakness is wine , I will admit that!

Reactions: 1
Been on Wegovy for about 4 months and lost about 10lbs. My question is did it affect anyone's monthly cycles? Im usually quite regular with mine and this month I've not had a normal
Period - but about 2 weeks of very light bleeding. Wonder if anyone else has the same
Experience. ?

So I’ve done one month on mounjaro, no weight gain, and lost few pounds without trying. I’ve ordered my higher dose and will start that on Wednesday.
I’ve found I don’t drink. I barely finish a cup of tea or even can of coke.
food noise has gone. I’ve been given 4 big Easter eggs and haven’t got the desire to eat them. Had abit of one yesterday and found it more of a chore to eat 😂

Starting tomorrow I’m back to calorie counting along with the injection. The past bit of sun we’ve had over this weekend has given me the kick up the arse to actually eat better

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.