Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had a really good reaction to Mounjaro in the first week with no good noise etc, then the second week the food noise and hunger hasn’t been as effective? I know it says 2.5mg is the starting dose and sometimes the effectiveness doesn’t kick in until the 5mg doses, just surprised as the first week was amazing not to feel so controlled by food!
Yep! I had a great first week, food noise stopped within about 6 hours of first jab. On week two and I'm SO hungry

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yep! I had a great first week, food noise stopped within about 6 hours of first jab. On week two and I'm SO hungry
Same thing for me, the noise started coming back on day 5 and my second shot a few days ago definitely wasn’t as effective as the first one. I’m a bit nervous about the Easter break and being with my kids every day who are constantly hungry and asking for meals and snacks. I will have food on my mind all day and won’t get much chance to exercise!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
So frustrating isn’t it! I literally spent my first week thinking I’d finally found my miracle cure! I’m tempted to do another dose before the 7 days is up! I want to go up to 5mg before the 4 weeks is up really!

I think many people have said their first few weeks were like that but keep going as the higher the dose the more effective it should be.

Just looking for a bit of advice please. I'm currently on wegovy 1.7mg and I've lost 27lbs. The large majority of that was lost on 0.25mg and 0.5mg, and I've been roughly the same weight for about 3 weeks.

I'm considering moving to mounjaro and seeing if the change can kick-start some more weight loss as I've got at least 3-4 more stone to lose 😩 I have an underactive thyroid and my weight loss always slows right down so this is seemingly normal for me but for upwards of £200 a pen it's not ideal 😕

Do you think this could help? I am assuming I would start with lowest dose and work up like wegovy?

Reactions: 1
Same thing for me, the noise started coming back on day 5 and my second shot a few days ago definitely wasn’t as effective as the first one. I’m a bit nervous about the Easter break and being with my kids every day who are constantly hungry and asking for meals and snacks. I will have food on my mind all day and won’t get much chance to exercise!
At least with wegovy on the low doses I did find the last two or so days before my next injection the food noise would come back a bit. They’re different medications but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s similar with MJ! Now I’m at a high dose the noise doesn’t come back.
---
Just looking for a bit of advice please. I'm currently on wegovy 1.7mg and I've lost 27lbs. The large majority of that was lost on 0.25mg and 0.5mg, and I've been roughly the same weight for about 3 weeks.

I'm considering moving to mounjaro and seeing if the change can kick-start some more weight loss as I've got at least 3-4 more stone to lose 😩 I have an underactive thyroid and my weight loss always slows right down so this is seemingly normal for me but for upwards of £200 a pen it's not ideal 😕

Do you think this could help? I am assuming I would start with lowest dose and work up like wegovy?
Congrats on your weight loss so far!
I had a plateau on Wegovy for about a month and then things got going again! But it was no fun, I empathise. Have you been on 2.4 yet? Trying that could be a way to move past the plateau?

That said, I think switching could be a good move! MJ is even more effective and has less side effects so it’s a great alternative. Yes, you’d be at the starter dose and work your way up. You’d also need to take a break (which seems to be between a week and a month depending on which website you look at) between the meds.

Last edited:

Have you recalculated your macros? As you lose weight your maintenance calories also reduce. So you may have had a large deficit at the beginning but as your basal metabolic rate decreases and you continue to eat the same number of calories you did when you started will likely mean you now have a smaller deficit. Smaller deficit usually means slower & smaller losses. If I hit a plateau for more than a week first thing I do is recalculate my maintenance calories and adjust my intake accordingly. Works a treat for me.

I am looking to order my third pen of mounjaro (on week 6 currently) and have tried to consolidate the prices as its a mindfield. Most are expecting stock of pen 3 in mid April.

Mounjaro2.5mg5mg7.5mg10mg12.5mg15mg
Rightanled.com£ 149.99£ 159.99
mayfairweightlossclinic.co.uk£ 159.00£ 185.00£ 229.00£ 229.00£ 245.00£ 245.00
simpleonlinepharmacy.co.uk£ 159.00£ 179.00£ 229.00£ 229.00£ 249.00£ 249.00
Oxfordonlinepharmacy.co.uk£ 178.99£ 178.99
pharmacy2u.co.uk£ 179.00£ 179.00£ 189.00£ 189.00£ 204.00£ 204.00
My-bmi.co.uk£ 179.00£ 189.00£ 199.00£ 199.00£ 210.00
chemist-4-u.com£ 179.00£ 189.00
healthexpress.co.uk£ 179.99£ 179.99£ 189.99£ 189.99£ 209.99£ 229.99
Asda£ 184.00£ 184.00£ 189.00£ 189.00£ 204.00£ 204.00
Superdrug£ 215.00£ 215.00£ 225.00£ 225.00£ 245.00£ 245.00
Boots£ 219.00£ 219.00£ 229.00£ 229.00£ 249.00£ 249.00

Some have a few discount codes floating around. Does any know of the boots repeat discount?

Rightangle also give you money off (points) for each one , you rack up a fair amount of points which you then cash in on your next order .

So frustrating isn’t it! I literally spent my first week thinking I’d finally found my miracle cure! I’m tempted to do another dose before the 7 days is up! I want to go up to 5mg before the 4 weeks is up really!
I really would not rush it. Give yourself chance to titrate up. You run the risk of getting bad side effects if you rush it. I've already had bad enough siclness off 5mg. After having nothing off 2.5mg. Was shocked lol. Appears to have settled back done again now thank goodness and just had one day of feeling sick on second shot of 5mg x

Reactions: 6
I am on week 3 of 0.5mg, so 7 weeks in, and this week I am starving. I could just stuff my face all day. I don’t know whether it’s because I’m due on, or just that I have so much weight to lose that the lower dose it just not enough for me.
I was like this and unfortunately I had ordered another 0.5mg pen by then so I had to do another 4 weeks on it. I didn’t gain any weight in that time frame thankfully but I was hungrier than I had been in the previous weeks. I’m now up to 1mg and it’s thankfully kicked back in lol

Hi all , I went to my gp this week (live in Ireland )
And no problem prescribing wejovy ,
He wants to do my bloods before he prescribes it , do it will be about two weeks ,
he said I will start on the higher dose because my bmi is high and there is no point in starting on lower doses ,
Also I am able to fill my prescription in the north , I have rang and confirmed this with different pharmacies , he advised me to price around In the north ,
Just in case this helps anyone in Ireland . Obviously only at the very start of my journey , i have about 6 stone to lose , not really sure what to expect or what is even going to happen ,
Gp would be fairly conservative but he said yes straight away

• Wow
Reactions: 7
He wants to do my bloods before he prescribes it , do it will be about two weeks ,
he said I will start on the higher dose because my bmi is high and there is no point in starting on lower doses ,
Also I am able to fill my prescription in the north , I have rang and confirmed this with different pharmacies , he advised me to price around In the north ,
Just in case this helps anyone in Ireland . Obviously only at the very start of my journey , i have about 6 stone to lose , not really sure what to expect or what is even going to happen ,
You absolutely need to start at the lowest dose regardless of the amount of weight you need to lose. There can be some pretty nasty side effects using this medication and it’s potentially harmful to take a large dose without titrating up gradually. Your doctor needs to go back and read the literature for prescribing guidelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was like this and unfortunately I had ordered another 0.5mg pen by then so I had to do another 4 weeks on it. I didn’t gain any weight in that time frame thankfully but I was hungrier than I had been in the previous weeks. I’m now up to 1mg and it’s thankfully kicked back in lol
Thanks, that’s reassuring. I’ll be taking my final 0.5mg and ordering 1mg on Monday so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the advice re
0.75mg and 1mg. I’ve gone straight from 0.5mg to 1mg as you are supposed to do as the food noise has been driving me crazy.
Hopefully this is where the weight loss starts.

Hello 👋Thanks for sharing your experiences - I spent a while reading through all your posts and decided to go ahead and order Mounjaro. I’ve just taken my first dose this morning!

Reactions: 4
Your doctor shouldn't be prescribing meds he knows nothing about. Starting on a higher dose is a sure way for your body to react to the medication and you never to be able to tolerate it.

Reactions: 10
I'm on my second shot of mounjaro and I still haven't had much food noise, in fact I'm worried that I'm not getting enough protein due to not eating much. I'm not that keen on the protein yogurts or shakes but I've just discovered clear protein (I know, I'm a luddite!) and they are a complete game changer for me!
Quite nice to have something else to drink other than water now that my usual go to drink of pepsi max keeps repeating on me and giving me a type of sick burp :sick:

Reactions: 5
I’m on day 1 and I’m still thinking about food lol. I had nausea last night. When did the food noise stop for people?
---
I'm on my second shot of mounjaro and I still haven't had much food noise, in fact I'm worried that I'm not getting enough protein due to not eating much. I'm not that keen on the protein yogurts or shakes but I've just discovered clear protein (I know, I'm a luddite!) and they are a complete game changer for me!
Quite nice to have something else to drink other than water now that my usual go to drink of pepsi max keeps repeating on me and giving me a type of sick burp :sick:
you can also get protein water

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.