Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Victim of what sorry? What is she a victim of? Her own bad decisions. She turnt a blind eye to the abuse of her child, she knew it was wrong. She was capable of knowing the difference between right and wrong. She carried out some of the abuse. I disagree she was a victim at all. Hopefully the jury does too.
She’s a victim of domestic abuse and manipulation. It’s a fact, not an opinion. If you can’t accept that then I don’t know what to tell you.

I’m glad you’re not on the jury. Jesus Christ.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Victim of what sorry? What is she a victim of? Her own bad decisions. She turnt a blind eye to the abuse of her child, she knew it was wrong. She was capable of knowing the difference between right and wrong. She carried out some of the abuse. I disagree she was a victim at all. Hopefully the jury does too.
Being slapped. Bottled. Driven to woods . Moved away from family and told not to speak to them. Just read back and you will see all the abuse she was subjected to.
would you say that to women who is a violent relationship is, because thats What fs was

Reactions: 13
@LittleMy thanks for always keeping a level head and safe space for everyone to express their opinions.

I'm looking forward to AMs closing statement. I really hope SB is found guilty. FS's defence was really sad for me to read, yes she was neglectful and cruel, but I'm almost 100% sure she's not a murderer.

SBs Facebook post made me vom in my mouth a little.
I'm also looking forward to KG's statement. It will be interesting to see how she spins it, in the face of what I feel is overwhelming evidence implicating SB as the person who killed Star. She has had a tough job to do this trial for sure

Reactions: 8
Repeated domestic abuse and coercive control. Being a victim doesn’t mean she can’t also be a perpetrator, perhaps that’s what you mean.

Reactions: 15
I'm also looking forward to KG's statement. It will be interesting to see how she spins it, in the face of what I feel is overwhelming evidence implicating SB as the person who killed Star. She has had a tough job to do this trial for sure
Yes I wanted to put that but wasn't sure how it would be taken, I'm really interested to see how she tackles this

Reactions: 4
For any new people joining just a helpful hint, you can re order threads (at the top of the page) to put the most liked posts at the top. Many people on here (expressing both sides) have outlined their thoughts which are really interesting to read. It saves reading all 8 threads which have 50 pages each!

Reactions: 11
ETs barrister in the Arthur case gave her closing speech yesterday. It would have been laughable if it wasn’t so tragic.

Reactions: 7
There are eight jam-packed threads here and I appreciate some newer posters won’t have gone through them all (who has the time if starting on them later!) but I’ve been here since thread 1 and have dipped in a lot. Barely anyone has “excused” Frankie. Everybody has naturally picked off the many layers to understand how on earth this happened. And boy have there been layers as the trial has progressed. Luckily, most mothers won’t ever be in this position but it’s important to pick apart the how and why so that there’s a chance some kids can be saved.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
ETs barrister in the Arthur case gave her closing speech yesterday. It would have been laughable if it wasn’t so tragic.
Yep she had an even harder job than KG has had - even her closing speech pretty much said ET did it but she is denying it

Reactions: 5
Are some of you on here actually defending Frankie? Even looking at her as if she was a victim? She allowed her baby to be abused, she took part in some of the abuse, she would tell Brockhill when Star was "misbehaving" when Brockhill wasn't there. She is no victim, she may not of caused physical harm in the same way Brockhill did but she certainly is no victim. As for her intelligence she may not of been the brightest bulb but she was switched on enough to know to lie and cover for herself. Let's not forget in her daughters last minutes alive she took her sweet time calling for help. She failed her daughter in life and by keeping quiet about what happened that day she's failing her in her death too. As I fully believe she saw exactly what happened when Star died. Guilty on all counts for the both of them.
Absolutely this. I got jumped on for saying the same thing. But yes wholeheartedly agree

Reactions: 3
For any new people joining just a helpful hint, you can re order threads (at the top of the page) to put the most liked posts at the top. Many people on here (expressing both sides) have outlined their thoughts which are really interesting to read. It saves reading all 8 threads which have 50 pages each!

I started reading when it was on thread 6 or was it 5 😂my mind will not allow me to just skip to the most recent thread, I literally made myself read all 51 pages on every thread in order.
Same with the trial, I started reading it from the beginning but when I found this thread and found out about this awful story, it was about day 20 something of the trial. So I did a LOT of reading you could say! Glad I'm up to date now.

Reactions: 6
You can state your opinion without attacking others for theirs. It can be a healthy discussion, but inflammatory language makes that impossible and just causes arguments.

Reactions: 8
I've read up about the case and followed it at times had to step away as it is too much to read in one go when I have a child a similar age to Star, I have to say at no point of the trial have a looked at her as a victim. You all make good points but ultimately due to her actions as a mother a baby has died, Frankie was in a position to stop it and didn't, instead she fuelled the abuse and took part in it. I think maybe those who are keen to look at her as a victim do so as they can't comprehend a mother would harm her baby without being coherced or being intellectually impaired, when she wasn't. She was happy to treat Star how she alone, without Brockhill being present, I think out of the 2 Brockhill was worse. But Frankie played her part, Frankie had the support around her to at least get Star away and chose not to. I am all too aware of the implication of Domestic Abuse and Domestic Violence but this mother made the choice time again to not act, to not protect her child. They were her choices. Sure Brockhill was awful to her but she made repeated choice to hand Star over to an abuser so she could go and drink her merry self into oblivion so forgive me for not viewing her as a victim.

Repeated domestic abuse and coercive control. Being a victim doesn’t mean she can’t also be a perpetrator, perhaps that’s what you mean.
I feel like this sentence needs to be pinned to the top of every thread in big capital letters! People seem to conflate the 2 ideas somehow. You can feel empathy about the way someone has been abused and still separate that emotional response out from the actions they took.

New thread here:

Reactions: 2
Absolutely this. I got jumped on for saying the same thing. But yes wholeheartedly agree
They can jump all they want. I disagree with them and will continue to disagree with anyone who views her as a victim. She made the conscious decision to keep Star in danger that ultimately led to her death. She was aware of what was happening and played her part in it too. Let them jump, they can be loud and wrong x

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.