Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:

TW: themes of domestic violence & violence towards and eventual murder of a child.

We’re all following the live updates for the trial for the murder of infant Star Hobson provided by the Telegraph & Argus, they set it as the main banner image daily for anyone who would like to follow.

We are on Day 30 of the trial - beginning with agreed facts, followed by the closing speeches from the prosecution and defence teams.

Please remember to be respectful of other users and follow Tattle board rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Feels like the end is near and I am ready for it. I feel totally consumed and drained by this case.

Reactions: 20
It’s been a long and difficult few weeks and no doubt affected everyone in different ways, hopefully the closing statements including cold hard facts will help us all have a clear view of what the jury face. It’s healthy to discuss and read others points.

Reactions: 14
Elikayute- You mention the interplay between trauma, intelligence and compliance. Who, in the closing speeches, if anyone, will impress this on the jury? It’s so important that they think about this.

Reactions: 4
Yep, same. Ready for it to be over and for justice to be (very hopefully) done.

Reactions: 9
Feels like the end is near and I am ready for it. I feel totally consumed and drained by this case.
Honestly same I feel like it’s really affected me mentally, I have a little boy who’s 2 in 4 days and a I’m pregnant with a baby girl and this just makes me so upset knowing how much I’d go above and beyond for my children. I work from home and find myself not being able to concentrate just sitting here reading the trial but I can’t look away because I need to know justice has been served for Star 😢

• Heart
Elikayute- You mention the interplay between trauma, intelligence and compliance. Who, in the closing speeches, if anyone, will impress this on the jury? It’s so important that they think about this.
FSs defence.

Reactions: 5
You can’t be wrong when it comes to facts and fact is FS is a victim of domestic violence. That doesn’t mean she’s not guilty of causing and allowing, how ever there is no evidence that shows she is a murderer. You can’t go convicting people of murder when there’s no evidence to suggest it, that’s not how it works.

Reactions: 18
Let's sum up the agreed facts of this thread then ahead of closing statements 😅

- Star was killed by a "car crash" level of force which could only have been applied intentionally by an adult
- The only two people present that were capable of doing so was FS and SB
- SB is aggressive, abusive, controlling, and caught on camera assaulting Star.
- SB is beyond reasonable doubt responsible for the vast majority of the physical abuse Star suffered
- It has been shown beyond reasonable doubt to us that SB should be found guilty of murder and sentenced to lengthy prison time
- FS was of very low intellect and also highly obedient
- FS was failed by a lot of people in her life, and was in an abusive relationship with SB at the time of Star's death * (I put an asterix here as it does seem rather surprisingly that there are a very small minority of people here still denying that FS suffered DV and was in an abusive relationship)
- It has not been shown beyond reasonable doubt that FS is knowingly guilty of murder. I put 'knowingly' as some people do feel that she should be guilty of murder even if unknowingly responsible for her death.

Where the opinion differs on here now seems to rest solely in the sentence to put to FS. These opinions range from not guilty on DV and low IQ grounds, guilty of allowing Star's death on the sheer volume of opportunities to act, and guilty of murder on the grounds SB was clearly dangerous and that despite suffering DV at her hands FS still should've saved Star from her.

Reactions: 13
Guilty of murder would require FS was involved in the attack or actively encouraged it in some way, not just failure to protect.

Reactions: 12
You can’t be wrong when it comes to facts and fact is FS is a victim of domestic violence. That doesn’t mean she’s not guilty of causing and allowing, how ever there is no evidence that shows she is a murderer. You can’t go convicting people of murder when there’s no evidence to suggest it, that’s not how it works.
I am aware of how it all works thank you, I am merely here expressing my opinions same as you are. I'm not judge or jury my opinion stands for nothing in the eyes of the law or justice but I can't and won't see her as a victim.

Reactions: 7
Guilty of murder would require FS was involved in the attack or actively encouraged it in some way, not just failure to protect.
I feel like you’ve said this a lot over the last 9 threads. Patience of a saint. 😂

• Haha
Do you think they will try and add a cruelty charge for FS as she has legally admitted it in a court of law? They almost have to surely? Seems funny to mention in agreed facts otherwise

Reactions: 6
Do you think they will try and add a cruelty charge for FS as she has legally admitted it in a court of law? They almost have to surely? Seems funny to mention in agreed facts otherwise
I thought that too but I’m not sure.

Reactions: 2
Jesus, Adele just came on the radio and I am sat here with big fat blobbing tears smattering all over my work. I don't think I am emotionally strong enough for this today!

• Heart
  • Sad
Again, I'm not stating this is likely or that I necessarily agree with it, I'm just stating this is the opinion of some people on this thread, that FS deserves a murder verdict for her failings etc.

Defence case statement is required by law to set out what parts of prosecution case they disagree with and what they rely on in their case. SB's was served on Aug 23, 2021. In an addendum to FS's served in November 8, 2021, she accepted her behaviour on a number of previous dates throughout 2020 in relation to events on video and CCTV were offences of cruelty.

Is this wishful thinking or is it stated here that SB doesn't deny the CCTV at the plant was cruelty?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.