Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:
TW: themes of domestic violence & violence towards and eventual murder of a child.

We’ve been following the live updates for the trial for the murder of infant Star Hobson provided by the Telegraph & Argus, they set it as the main banner image daily for anyone who would like to follow.

Recap:

- Verdicts were reached on the morning of Tuesday 14th December (day 38 of trial).

- Savanna Brockhill was found guilty of murder, Frankie Smith found guilty of causing or allowing the death of a child.

- Sentencing will take place Wednesday 15th December at 2pm.

- Results of previous thread’s poll showed a clear majority of Tattle users were in agreement with the jury’s verdict.

Reactions: 12
Thanks @LittleMy

I am a bit apprehensive about this. I think they may come down hard on FS and I am not sure she deserves it (In my opinion, don't come for me!!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I understand why some images and videos can be in the public interest but surely the cctv from the recycling plant doesn’t fall into this category. No one NEEDS to see that other than the jury.

Reactions: 18
I agree, I don’t feel they should show it if even the family can’t bear to watch it. The descriptions were bad enough.

Reactions: 9
I agree they really don’t need to show the rest of the cctv from the recycling plant. Seeing the car drive in was harrowing enough knowing what was about to happen to that baby. I feel like it would be totally inappropriate and traumatising for Star’s family to have that in the public domain. They have been through enough.

Reactions: 5
Unfortunately I think cctv from the recycling plant may be out already - my mum saw it on the news yesterday. She knew I was following a case at the moment, and asked if it was Star’s case I’m following as they’d shown footage of SB hitting her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Sorry I’ve just put this in the last thread as it closed

This is about the cctv from SB’s work, I really pray to god they don’t show it. I remember in court Frankie broke down seeing it, it’s not far for the family to witness it and also the public it could be so damaging for people to see 😔
i think more evidence will be released like in Arthur's trial (those pigs eating mcdonadls and ice cream) but nothing ever showed the abuse, as it shouldn't. We don't need to see it, so i don't think it will be released. Plus they released the car driving in, if they were going to relese it they'd release the whole video I think. Star should be remembered for being a happy cute baby, not one that was beaten over and over again :(

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I agree as well reading the court transcriptions is harrowing enough, seeing the car itself pulling into the recycling plant is harrowing as well
Knowing what is to come. If they release this I can see this traumatising Stars family even more praying to god they don’t.

Reactions: 4
Unfortunately I think cctv from the recycling plant may be out already - my mum saw it on the news yesterday. She knew I was following a case at the moment, and asked if it was Star’s case I’m following as they’d shown footage of SB hitting her.
According to the family, it hasn’t been released yet.

I think the only footage that has been released was of SB driving into the car park? They haven’t shown any more than that to my knowledge.

Reactions: 12
I was going to ask what time sentencing would be... so now I'll go do the hoovering and be back at 2.

I think/hope it will be 25-30 years for SB and not sure about FS - maybe 6 years? in which case with time already served she'd be out in about a year and half ish.

Reactions: 2
Sorry to keep posting stuff from them horrible facebook groups but god the utter disrespect to think that everyone in DV relationships suffer the same. Think people need to realise Frankie was still a victim to SB, the whole group is full of narrow minded people, I hope stuff like this doesn’t upset people currently in that situation who are to afraid to leave

Attachments

• Angry
I know there was a lot of footage of Arthur that they didn’t show, what they did show was harrowing enough. I don’t know what reason they’d have to show the CCTV footage, the footage of the car pulling into the recycling plant is bad enough and shows how clear it is.

I know there was a lot of footage of Arthur that they didn’t show, what they did show was harrowing enough. I don’t know what reason they’d have to show the CCTV footage, the footage of the car pulling into the recycling plant is bad enough and shows how clear it is.
Yes, I thought the police released that clip from the start of the cctv footage to show how clear it was. Nothing else from it needs to be shared with the media surely.

Reactions: 8
I’m glad the car driving in was released. Only because sb said the cctv wasn’t clear, now just seeing the car drive in, made it known how clear. We don’t need to see anything more from that day

Reactions: 14
Update: fortunately I was mistaken - just checked again with my mum and she said they actually only showed her pulling in (the footage everyone knows about) and talked about SB hitting her there, but didn’t show it.

Reactions: 14
Sorry to keep posting stuff from them horrible facebook groups but god the utter disrespect to think that everyone in DV relationships suffer the same. Think people need to realise Frankie was still a victim to SB, the whole group is full of narrow minded people, I hope stuff like this doesn’t upset people currently in that situation who are to afraid to leave
The ignorance is astounding. They really have no idea. Like you say not all DV relationships are the same, it’s a very complex issue that their tiny minds can’t seem to comprehend. Feel sorry for anyone suffering from DV who might happen to read comments like that.

Reactions: 5
I’m glad the car driving in was released. Only because sb said the cctv wasn’t clear, now just seeing the car drive in, made it known how clear. We don’t need to see anything more from that day
Good point. I always wondered how clear it was, going by some of the CCTV footage you see at times which can be grainy and not very reliable. But this CCTV was clear as day, you can see everything.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.