Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AdelesEarring

Chatty Member
No that's not true. Was a case in Newcastle few year back and the parent and partner both got guilty for causing or allowing the death (baby had been shaken, both blamed each other) When she got out she moved down south now has a new partner and another baby in her care
Oh really? That’s a bit concerning. I’m certainly not an authority on these matters. I would hope that SS would be closely involved at least?

Reactions: 2

Lillyloo

VIP Member
Doesn’t look like she will have any support from her family after watching those interviews.
Heart wrenching 😢

• Sad

Ilikethisname

I really get concerned there will be some SB level twisted minds out there reading outrage and disgust and want to one up her. Whilst I find comfort in the debrief of these forums I do fear for the next horrific case.
I do feel that there should be some repercussions for complicity.

AdelesEarring

Chatty Member
Is SB really a gypsy/traveller or is she just claiming to be one to make herself sound ‘hard’? The reason I ask because their views on LGBTQ are like something out of the ark, admittedly I only really have experience of the Irish traveller community who are devoutly Catholic though.
I think she really is a gypsy - Romani gypsies are different from Irish travellers, they are usually C of E, not Catholic. However, they still have the same views about homosexuality. SB was not out with most of her family I believe. For some of them it’s news.

Ells321

Chatty Member
Sports I’ve heard it all now Corrine would be able to spell spirits. These people are probably gonna say they felt some connection to Star.

Last edited:

Yorkshire-Granny

I’d be surprised if she suddenly admits it and comes with a mitigation argument of “yes I did it but I didn’t mean to kill her”. But that’s basically all she’s got. Curious about the nod when the verdict was read out. Was it an accepting nod or a sarcastic “of course you’ve found me guilty, in a gypsy lesbian, you’re all racist homophobics” nod.
I don’t think admitting it would give her a shorter sentence at this stage, except I suppose refusing to admit it could result in a longer sentence.
I think you have coined the nod and it wasn't A.

dollycurz

Chatty Member
Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for a while regarding a fear of social services etc.

This isn't in anyway to defend FS as obviously the circumstances are completely different, and in my situation I hadn't harmed my son in any way.

After my son was born, I think I had post natal deprsssion. I don't know to this day whether I did as I was too scared to call a Dr.

I had suffered a very traumatic birth and didn't bond with my son at all. It actually probably took me a good 10+ months to feel like he was mine. I never felt like I knew what to say to him or how to be a mum. It took a long time to feel maternal. I obviously looked after him and took perfect care of him but never felt very much, I sort of felt like I was babysitting someone else's child.

I had a huge fear of social services taking him away (even though they would have no reason to). That is the reason why I never called a gp about how much I was struggling. I was frightened they would take him away as I was struggling. I really was terrified that if I admitted I may be depressed that they would take him away.

When he was around 9 months old he pulled a wire and Alexa fell on his head. Completely accidentally obviously and I still had that fear that the doctor would think terribly of me and call social services.
But I obviously did the right thing and called 111 who arranged a doctor's appointment and he was absolutely fine.

I just wanted to add my experience as I remember reading somewhere that even very shortly after Star was born, FS had a fear of SS taking Star away, and this would have been before any of the abuse took place? So she would have no real reason to think they would?

i wonder if it could be that fear she had always had re SS, combined with being under SB's spell and genuinely believing the bruises were accidental, that caused FS to just not want to take further action with regards to dr, hospital, etc

Just thinking out loud I guess 🤔
I often weigh this up against her leaving star for 10 weeks because SB broke up with her.
It’s all bizarre.

Doctor1983

I think it was the correct verdict. I am sure Frankie knew that Star could be harmed by SB, although I don't think she knew how to prevent it, so for me, that's guilt but there are mitigating circumstances. I have a great deal of empathy for Frankie and must admit there were tears in my eyes when she was found guilty and she got so emotional.

SB, as far as I'm concerned, throw away the key and let her rot. She knew exactly what she was doing.

One thing that has bothered me greatly throughout the whole trial is the perception of Frankie's family and in particular YS. I don't think she is anywhere near as bad as she has been portrayed. Yes, she may well have been out every weekend drinking, but she had just come out of an abusive relationship herself, she needed an outlet and she had no idea about the level of abuse toward Star. I don't think Frankie's upbringing would have been all that chaotic, no more so than many families around her. I think a lot of the narrative around the family has come from SBs family stirring the pot, trying to make them look bad.
Sure she looked up about getting an injunction. Could have told the police when they were asking her. Maybe just blocked her. Nah this toxic relationship was volatile and unhealthy. She couldn't stay away even when she was free.