Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is off topic but........ IMAGINE making a “smoothie” with that much water? :oops::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, they literally make me sad! I don’t think I’ve ever put any water in a smoothie?! Maybe a dash of milk if it doesn’t blend properly? Wow. Wonder if they will be included in her CooKInG ProJeCt....

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Sorry if this is off topic but........ IMAGINE making a “smoothie” with that much water? :oops::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, they literally make me sad! I don’t think I’ve ever put any water in a smoothie?! Maybe a dash of milk if it doesn’t blend properly? Wow. Wonder if they will be included in her CooKInG ProJeCt....
Yes! and the thing that gets me is she only puts half a banana in.... why wouldn't you just put a whole banana in there?!

Reactions: 11
[QUOTE="Kittycat7, post: 1560494, member: 92343"
Right?! It looks so sad just floating there!! 😂😂
[/QUOTE]

It is a banana infused water AT MOST. Smoothie smh 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes! and the thing that gets me is she only puts half a banana in.... why wouldn't you just put a whole banana in there?!
Literally haha. That was a very popular topic at GG lol. I don't get it either.

I sometimes only use half a banana but ONLY if i want to put loads of other stuff. For example when I add pineapple and passion fruit and spinach and mint etc. I like those flavours more so I only keep it to half a banana, so I have more room in the bottle for the better stuff hehe :D I mean, I wouldn't even call hers a smoothie. That's the biggest stretch. It's a protein shake with half a banana in it. It is literally just a drink, nothing more. (whereas I would consider most smoothies a snack or part of a meal for example)

Reactions: 11
omg WOW so it has taken me over a week to catch up here but I am SOOOO happy to see the thread here finally took off. I consider myself a religious lurker from GG but gave up on that site about a month ago. There was SD thread here but nothing happening but yayyyyyy now i can share my thoughts.
Not that anything is new but:
1. going a bit back in time to her latest ab check. The fact that she NOT ONLY doesn't know why it happened, but was completely surprised about it, just proves once again that neither her or Kurt have any qualifications for putting out workout programs. It is pretty basic knowledge that after a few days of not exercising, your body will let go of the water and stress and you will look leaner as usual. That is why everytime before a pHoToShOoT when she's working out like a maniac i am just shaking my head...…...poor clueless Sezzy
2. I don't wanna add to BLM topic bc that was very well covered by others. Plus i was so disgusted by her behavior, i don't wanna get back to that.
3. Kurt....this is how i imagine their pillow talk:
Kurt: Sarah I think i would just like to live like a regular person. Do our day-to-day jobs, but off social media. I would like to focus on just photography and content creation for OTHER brands. It (You) is causing me too much anxiety and I would prefer to out of public eye. Plus i think social media has turned us into not-so-good people....
Sarah: Kurt what the f*ck we can't turn back now it will seem as the hAtErS were right all along. Show some gratuity for what i have done for you and grow some balls.
Kurt: K

Reactions: 19
Is there somewhere that her past stories get posted? I've missed all of this?!

Finally caught up with her stories today and I agree with everything everyone has said already. But UGH, the way she just dismissed that it could be anxiety really pissed me off. Like seriously, what does she WANT it to be? As if anxiety isn't 'big' enough of a problem to deal with. Sarah, just because an anxiety diagnosis doesn't sound "serious" enough doesn't mean it's not true!

I also feel like she's so dismissive of anxiety and depression in general, aside from her stereotypical and sexist views that the big, strong manly men don't get that, is because if Kurt is suffering from this it would mean she would have to look towards herself as a possible (probable) cause. When Kurt tried that de-stress plan are we honestly supposed to believe Sarah didn't ride him constantly about having to pick up the slack of being both parents and having to do chores like the washing up? We all know she can't cope being on her own with Fox or even doing housework. Kurt was probably tense as anything and treading on eggshells during that whole time knowing she could go off at him or rant to her 1 mil followers at any moment. Like with her stories today, she was trying way too hard to convince us that he wasn't a burden and that she's such a supportive fiancee for being with him while he worked (even though she admitted she was actually there to get gram content), all the while plugging her cooking project, her activewear, her sunglasses, her bluelight glasses, her next vlog (while trying to manipulate her follwers by telling them she doesn't think anyone will watch it), and the reno series. Not to mention low key blaming Kurt's illness for her not having any gram content because she has to look after him. Wft is wrong with her?

But hey, at least she got a workout in, right?

Is there somewhere that her past stories get posted? I've missed all of this?!
No, they were still up on her IG as they last for 24 hours. I was just late viewing them (I'm in the UK so behind anyway).

Side note to Sarah - did anyone see Natacha's latest Q&A vlog with Mario? Talk about ACTUAL couple goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Seriously though, a question for those who may have experienced this -
I am not ignorant to mental health (lifelong anxiety, which is why it has upset me so much that Sarah is 'dismissing' this as Kurt's 'chronic health condition')... but I am grateful not to have experienced narcissism first hand. Is it something that can be overcome? Like if Sarah was to seek professional help, would she be accepting of changing her ways or would her narcissism not allow that?
[/QUOTE]

Having experienced a 4 year relationship with a narcissist, I honestly don’t see much hope. He was abusive and extremely manipulative. Looking back now, in a much better mind state, I think how on earth did I allow that to happen. And to be honest, I still couldn’t tell you. It’s almost brainwashing. I always found it mind blowing that he could never see anyone else’s point of view, it was his way or nothing and often resulted in anger. Of course, this relationship was the beginning of my own anxiety and depression. He had a way of making feel absolutely crazy, I felt like ripping my own hair out sometimes. He would constantly tell me I needed help but when I went to get help, then told me how f**ked I was for wanting to take medication and that he would leave me if I were to start taking it. Needless to say, I’m long out of that relationship. It was hard as he’d cut me off from most people from my past. So I basically had to restart my life again. He also burns a lot of bridges with friendships, often moving different places, countries even. Some days I feel sorry for him, that he doesn’t get to experience a normal happy life.
I feel for Kurt, knowing he needs help but probably can’t get it as he’s stuck on the roller coaster. You just don’t know what’s coming next and how to get out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Love that we're all discussing and sharing our experiences regarding mental health/illness.

I've seen several comments referring to Sarah acting manic. I know none of us can diagnose her, but when her manic behavior is on display one day it is usually followed by excessive negativity and complaining a few days later. I'm starting to think she may have undiagnosed bipolar or manic/depressive disorder. When I watch her content I feel like I'm being emotionally jolted all around like riding a roller coaster. I can't tell if it's the high she gets from over exercising or if there really is mental illness behind her mania. Thoughts?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't know much about anxiety, but the things sarah was saying about kurt... couldnt that be severe acid reflux??

Reactions: 3
So, erm, this will be an unpopular opinion, but here goes...
I find it... convenient... that she opened up about Kurt's issues at this time. Yes, they've touched on it a couple of times before, but she's never talked about it this openly and asked for people to DM her with their thoughts.
In the 2 years she says he's had problems, she has only mentioned it twice previously- the day he had the heart monitor on and the day she was in her car saying she's working on a 'cure' for him. That's it, never a mention or even an indication that they were changing their routine to accommodate for how he was feeling, though she claims now to have done so.

The guy has been putting in some pretty hard labour at the new house for months now, along with working on campaigns, and exercising consistently with his friend and getting in boxing sessions. None of this is in keeping with her depiction of him having heart issues, feeling like he can't get out of bed, or feeling like he isn't pulling his weight. He's pretty much carrying on as normal and has not been in the debilitated state she is implying.

So, it could well be that he is feeling worse this week and that's why they're sharing this story, or it could be another typical Sezzy move; namely, she couldn't prevent the outrage either here or on the subreddit around her cultural appropriation and the silencing of PoC on her page (and boy did she try with her obvious undercover posts on the subreddit), so she deflected the matter by creating a new issue for everyone to focus on: Kurt's possible illness/anxiety.
It certainly has helped divert attention away from the obvious racism and homophobia they displayed, and now everyone is worried about them instead of angry at them.

The resulting increased engagement that comes out of stans messaging them to say they "hope Kurt's okay" will also be reassuring to sponsors who were considering dropping them as ambassadors, because as long as they can show they have consistently high engagement and they have an influx of positive, loving messages from their followers (rather than an outcry about her rotten campaign and subsequent choices), then nobody would consider terminating their lucrative business partnership with her.

Been bottling that one up but I had to say it. I feel her PR tactics are clear when you remember that she's a 'brand', not a 'real and raw human' as she'd like to portray. She has proven over the years that everything she has done has been about maximizing her profits, and everything personal she has shared in the last few years has had an ulterior motive.
In fact, the one time she chose not to share something personal was specifically because it couldn't be monetized- her sister's engagement! She made absolutely no mention of it, not even to congratulate Em, because her sister didn't give her permission and she couldn't monetize a vlog around the topic.
Sarah eventually posted a single story (not even a proper permanent post on her grid) because people asked her about it when they saw the announcement on Em's insta page, so she made a passing reference.

So, yeah. IMO, this talk of Kurt is all crisis PR in action and, as I said days ago, she will get away with the cultural appropriation scandal...she's literally getting away with it as we speak.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Love that we're all discussing and sharing our experiences regarding mental health/illness.

I've seen several comments referring to Sarah acting manic. I know none of us can diagnose her, but when her manic behavior is on display one day it is usually followed by excessive negativity and complaining a few days later. I'm starting to think she may have undiagnosed bipolar or manic/depressive disorder. When I watch her content I feel like I'm being emotionally jolted all around like riding a roller coaster. I can't tell if it's the high she gets from over exercising or if there really is mental illness behind her mania. Thoughts?
I would say there’s a definite chance that something like that is going on, however it could just be that the mania is because she forces herself to be happy and bubbly on her stories (apart from when she has something to moan about).
There is definitely something going on there mental health wise, it’s like the only way she can be happy is by the endorphins she gets from exercise. And while that is legitimately something mental health professionals recommend to boost your mood, it seems like it is literally the only thing that makes her happy.

Reactions: 8
It's sad that there is appropriate help (therapy with or without medication) so easily available and yet Sarah is keeping it from him
We don't know that for certain. Kurt believes in stereotypical gender roles too, and has repeatedly proven he thinks similarly to Sarah (agreeing they shouldn't induce the baby because Sarah 'felt' the baby was fine)...so he may feel he'll be seen as "less manly" if he sees a therapist. Toxic masculinity FTW. :(

I would be careful with that specific diagnosis. There's a continuum for every mental disorder and she may well not exhibit strong symptoms, but IMO, as someone who has cared for one manic depressive and known another in my circle, what people here are describing as 'manic' isn't actually manic behaviour that I have witnessed.
Manic episodes are much more extreme, incessant and utterly fatiguing when they end. They can include overeating (in vast quantities) and overspending (to the point of financial ruin), or impulsive behaviour such as hopping on a plane to... wherever.
Similarly, her complaining and negativity are more of an attitude problem, rather than a true depressive episode that would leave her totally dysfunctional, and could include suicidal ideation.
She neither shows mania nor does she show depression. She is running her life with precision and doing so consistently, which would not be possible in the 'depressive' phase.
She is not even a highly functioning manic/depressive based on my experience. She is just overacting when she's super happy with the aim to push a product, and garnering sympathy when she can't stop complaining (any moment she's not shilling a product).
There's a continuum, so it could be she just doesn't exhibit severe symptoms, but I wouldn't slap that diagnosis on her anyway, because we only see a curated snapshot of her, so we can't say.
I'm not a psychologist and am only speaking from my frame of reference because this specific disease has been in my life, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Adding to the above, that I really believe she does have some other issues. Obsessive and controlling (of herself and everyone around her), can't deviate from her routine (hence can't enjoy travel and freaks if she misses a workout), and serious aversion to food....certainly reeks of orthorexia and exercise bulimia.
She'd benefit greatly from therapy even if I'm wrong about this. She relies extensively on external validation and a good therapist would help her discover her self-worth from intrinsic sources.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
We don't know that for certain. Kurt believes in stereotypical gender roles too, and has repeatedly proven he thinks similarly to Sarah (agreeing they shouldn't induce the baby because Sarah 'felt' the baby was fine)...so he may feel he'll be seen as "less manly" if he sees a therapist. Toxic masculinity FTW. :(

I would be careful with that specific diagnosis. There's a continuum for every mental disorder and she may well not exhibit strong symptoms, but IMO, as someone who has cared for one manic depressive and known another in my circle, what people here are describing as 'manic' isn't actually manic behaviour that I have witnessed.
Manic episodes are much more extreme, incessant and utterly fatiguing when they end. They can include overeating (in vast quantities) and overspending (to the point of financial ruin), or impulsive behaviour such as hopping on a plane to... wherever.
Similarly, her complaining and negativity are more of an attitude problem, rather than a true depressive episode that would leave her totally dysfunctional, and could include suicidal ideation.
She neither shows mania nor does she show depression. She is running her life with precision and doing so consistently, which would not be possible in the 'depressive' phase.
She is not even a highly functioning manic/depressive based on my experience. She is just overacting when she's super happy with the aim to push a product, and garnering sympathy when she can't stop complaining (any moment she's not shilling a product).
There's a continuum, so it could be she just doesn't exhibit severe symptoms, but I wouldn't slap that diagnosis on her anyway, because we only see a curated snapshot of her, so we can't say.
I'm not a psychologist and am only speaking from my frame of reference because this specific disease has been in my life, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Adding to the above, that I really believe she does have some other issues. Obsessive and controlling (of herself and everyone around her), can't deviate from her routine (hence can't enjoy travel and freaks if she misses a workout), and serious aversion to food....certainly reeks of orthorexia and exercise bulimia.
She'd benefit greatly from therapy even if I'm wrong about this. She relies extensively on external validation and a good therapist would help her discover her self-worth from intrinsic sources.
Very interesting. Thank you for your input. I know we're all speculating, but it's interesting to read different perspectives. I don't know much about bipolar disorder and that's what I thought everyone was referring to when they mentioned her acting manic (I'm so sorry if I offended anyone by asking about this). Thank you for clarifying. Seems like her manic behavior is more a manipulation or marketing tactic to sell her products. That does seem exhausting; always putting on a show and pretending to be someone and something you're not. I don't envy Sarah or her life at all.

I think we can all agree that both Sarah and Kurt need therapy, which is nothing to be ashamed of and should be encouraged. Every time we discuss how problematic her platform is, I can't help but think of all of the minds she influences. It is so disheartening to acknowledge the extent of her potential harm and damage, especially when it comes to mental health and the relationship we have with food and our body. If she were to be cancelled I really think it'd be a blessing in disguise for both of them as well as her followers.

Reactions: 3
Can we just take a quick minute to talk about her last IG post? Those poor guys look so over her tit. Even Kurt looks dead in the eyes. How can she think she's funny? I can't begin to explain how much I despise those girls who are like "I'm one of the bOyZZ" :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.