Sarah’s Day #10 Tokenistic campaign, sunnee app leaks, Kurt gets no treats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in advertising - what the hell was the message here with this restock video? It’s piss poor lmao. Also, an entire video about RESTOCKING?! Supercheap Auto don’t even make restocking ads. WEIRD!!!! So much money spent on a campaign with no message. Probably 20k for the single helicopter shot alone.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I’m still confused about this activewear collection.

Didn’t she not long ago use a gaming simulation advertisement to promote it? Why is it now dirt bikes and Fast and Furious flag girl vibes?

Neither of these things suit her normal aesthetic and I’m pretty sure she’s never played a video game or ridden a motorbike. ??????? So random
I assume those ideas come from Kurt and this Jay guy who works with him. It just sounds like a boys dream, motorbikes and video games (sorry for stereotyping genders)?
It is not fitting to Sarah’s brand particularly that’s for sure.

Also the clothes sell no matter how elaborate their video campaign is, it seems so unnecessary. Her selfies work fine to sell out which by the way look very altered to make her look very slim and small.

I always feel sorry for the people asking if things will sell out. Yes because it’s a simple and very effective marketing strategy, hype it up and then give them fomo. If there would be heaps of stock people would wait and think before they buy it.

That campaign video is a big “eff you” to everyone who called her out for her first campaign with the appropriation. Just wow. I guess that’s what they meant with the “bigger meaning”. Rise above the haters? It’s icky.

Reactions: 27
I work in advertising - what the hell was the message here with this restock video? It’s piss poor lmao. Also, an entire video about RESTOCKING?! Supercheap Auto don’t even make restocking ads. WEIRD!!!! So much money spent on a campaign with no message. Probably 20k for the single helicopter shot alone.
The message was 'I'll do whatever I like and will rise above any criticism I get' - specifically in reference to the cultural appropriation in her original video and her silencing BIPoC when they tried to explain why it was appropriation.
There's no key messaging in the advert in a traditional sense. It's not about the product, it's about Sarah's ego.

That campaign video is a big “eff you” to everyone who called her out for her first campaign with the appropriation. Just wow. I guess that’s what they meant with the “bigger meaning”. Rise above the haters? It’s icky.
This.

Reactions: 36
Theres a BTS VLOG up - honestly it was boring to watch

- She talks about how extravagant and fun the campaign will be - its the most planned campaign ever, WF, Kurt and Jai are coming
-She got her hair done peachy pink for the last time coz her hair is dying - plugged her hairdresser after she said her hair was dying
-Went through what food Fox gets to eat while they're gone
-She knows everyone loves Foxs spam, so does she, she even likes editing Fox
-Fox is sad so Sarah says he must sense they are leaving him
-It's midnight now they're in the car - her body is used to going to bed at 9pm so shes tired, poor Sez has to get up at 7, all the other models are already there
-Its now STILL midnight but she's in the hotel and now she has a 6am get up
-Kurt and the boys are unpacking the car while she does skincare because she needs to go to bed coz shes the one who needs to get up in the morning
-Kurt calls Sarah in the morning - he is obviously not in the room he says good morning and asks Sarah if she wants a coffee (so he got up first) she said yes because thats why she was calling him
-Sarah plugs her deodorant "if you don't use natural deodorant by now what are you doing?" surprise her fav is the newest one
-Doesn't want to be gross but she isnt going to shower because it will wash off her tan - after plugging natural deodorant, uses hotel soap under her armpits. Shows us how to use deodorant.
-Kurt comes in with coffee - no keep cups
-Sarah says they are in Canberra
-Sarah poorly deadlifts camera equipment and thinks shes a BOSS
-Spend a bunch of time putting a vinyl sticker on equipment that says KJTILSE
-Bought a bunch of firewood for the fire scene.
-Jai says he is tired
-Sarah said Kate DM'd her and said her hair looks good - Sarah is excited to MEET the models.
-Kurt and Sarah continue to refer to each other as princess and sweet prince throughout - in front of everyone
-Get to the farm
-Sarah said the vibe is fire bins, kicking up dirt
-Sarah chats to models and picks her hair do
-Kurt vlogs for a bit and shows the camera specs and describes location with tube lights
-Sarah most excited for this shoot - she had been manifesting this since she met Kurt - it's great she feels like charlies angels
-Shows her hair and make up - feels like princess peach and boss girl - it's 1 30 and they havent started
-Kurt directs Sarah how to walk out of the car - it is clear no one has taught her how to walk
-Didnt use her DrEaM cAr
-Sarah has baby hands so struggles to start the bike and needs instruction
-4PM they are getting ready for the last part
-Inspo for this was Charlies Angles (def pre planned and wasn't an idea picked up from here)
-Prattys GF is the nutrigrain girl and really famous
-Sarah now wants to learn to ride a bike (repeats this again later on)
-This is so sick Kurt and her have been dreaming about this (repeats this numerous times)
-Caroline is vlogging for her and Sarah corrects her on how to do it properly
-Sarah doing her typical attention seeking everyone loves me game
-Kurt actually looks in his element here, Kurt says Sarah needs a shower and she said she has dirt in her butt
-Sarah describing the boys doing jumps and wheelies and sprays - reiterates, it looks SICK
-Do a bit of their its a WAP dance
-Sarah said it was her Pinterest board but better - best campaign shes ever seen, not done, seen
-Sucks up to her models a bunch
-Thinks they have the coolest job ever

9:45pm on the way home - everyone is tired but happy with the day

now they are home and its a sit down chat: (Shot yesterday)
-Sarah says she felt hungover
-Restock is live
LITERALLY DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEEPER MEANING

the whole campaign is just a dig at the haters though thats the deeper meaning tbh
This recap gave me life 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Cheap girl, cheap clothes, cheap looking production. If i was related to her I would pretend I wasn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Okay what did dirt bikes have to do with her activewear? Absolutely nothing! I mean the shots are great of the bikes and the scenery, she’s lucky Kurt is quite skilled to pull it all together. Her in the activewear was so out of place!!
Also just adding I’ve been gone for like a week or two and we are already at the end of thread 10!! Dead haha

Reactions: 17
My hopes were set too high for a deeper meaning. I thought there would be more of a story to the video as well. Just shots of mostly Sarah, and dirt bikes.

I was never going to buy anything from WFB anyways so it makes no difference to me that this campaign is a flop (in terms of selling the clothes.. you barely saw them).

Reactions: 15
Also weird how her "fake tan" is the same shade as her "real skin, olive tones~~~~~" .... hmmmmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That promo.. rise above.. I can’t. Yes you should be “cancelled” and you mocking everyone, walking by your previous campaign idea (ie the tv’s, remember that that was the setting for the first campaign) and then you rising above that? Rising above poc? Rising above the “haters” who tried to help you actually not put out a campaign that was offensive? You’re a whinny wuss.

also look how ill-fitting that top is. Sarah you don’t need to be an xs to prove that your fit. Your body is literally spilling out of that, it makes it look worse. Mediums haven’t killed any campaign. Wear a size that fits it’s not going to hurt anyone or mean anything. Additionally, filler can speak for itself, it looks painful.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It's okay guys she's just creating excellent content for the media to absolutely tear her to shreds with when she has her Belle Gibson moment. Not long now me thinks!

Reactions: 32
love how kurt showed all the expensive camera gear and the first 30 seconds of the ad campaign is wobbly as hell. amateur hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Omg what a stupid campaign! It makes no sense...

And at the beginning of the video where it’s says “I can’t believe she wore that.... she should be cancelled”

Like wow... she’s getting a real cocky attitude now isn’t she.

She also barely showed the other models...

Reactions: 38
Is it worth it to complain to WF about this rise above bullshit? Anyone know the best way to do that? Seriously, what a slap in the damn face to those who were offended by her bullshit.

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry but those teeth...did she actually pay for those veneers or were they free? Absolutely terrible!

Reactions: 21
Wow they really are bleeping disgusting. First her absolute bullshit postpartum body crap and now this campaign. What arrogant pieces of tit, they are just idiots that are completely incapable of self reflection. Can not believe how stupid they actually are, the most basic cashed up bogans. Can not wait until she is cancelled. She makes me so angry...

Reactions: 44
As though Kurt wrote that! Please. He couldn't write 'cries' correctly but he used the word 'dystopian'? Sure. :rolleyes:
So they have a PR person now who writes this b.s. but that person wasn't professional enough to tell them that this is the absolute worst way to respond to multiple cultural appropriation scandals?
bleeping hell.

Reactions: 41
I just showed my partner the promo video and his response goes as follows
*promo begins*
”is this that Woman again from last night??”
“Wtf”
“Did they get their bleeping kids name from white fox”
“You’re joking”
*end of video*
“What was the bleeping point in that????”
“All of that for a restock??”
“Could you imagine if Kmart did that every time they got something back in stock?!?”
😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 51
In the vlog Sarah said this shoot makes her want to learn to ride a motorbike but “Kurt would kill her” wtf???

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.