Sarah - This mama life #3 save Lachlan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, I don’t know how long I is at ballet for but seen as it looks like she doesn’t stay with her and waits in the car, why did she not go food shopping whilst waiting for I to finish so that she didn’t have to drag L round when she’s finally picked him up from nursery? What kid wants to go to nursery until 6pm and then be dragged food shopping and put straight to bed when he’s home! Poor kids definitely got no chance of any tea tonight!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I found her story this morning really misleading and out of place. I’m not going to comment on the baby losses she may or may not have had because that’s a different topic and really an area I wouldn’t want to get into. But it just felt really weird to me to tell a story on what turned out to be a healthy pregnancy and baby? It’s baby loss awareness and as someone who went to a scan before to be told there was no baby I found it really misleading of her sharing her story in that way. Maybe it was her wording of it but it came across all wrong.

Reactions: 22
I found her story this morning really misleading and out of place. I’m not going to comment on the baby losses she may or may not have had because that’s a different topic and really an area I wouldn’t want to get into. But it just felt really weird to me to tell a story on what turned out to be a healthy pregnancy and baby? It’s baby loss awareness and as someone who went to a scan before to be told there was no baby I found it really misleading of her sharing her story in that way. Maybe it was her wording of it but it came across all wrong.
Yes. This. A "threatened miscarriage" has happened to a lot of us, and although it's terrifying (mine was a much longed for IVF baby while I was on the other side of Europe on a work trip), it's got NOTHING to do with baby loss. My latest miscarriage was 19 weeks. They are VERY different.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I find it odd that if she has experienced a loss/losses that she chose to post about a successful pregnancy rather than a loss. Surely as it’s baby loss awareness week you would post about your experience of baby loss, not about a pregnancy that resulted in a healthy baby?

🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I’ve never seen her mention it before either.

I think she might have thought she was showing “a light at the end of the tunnel” kinda thing with that post. Like, even after a loss you can have a healthy baby but I’m not sure it was in the best taste. Someone going through a loss right now might not want to hear about other people having healthy pregnancies etc. Some people have loss after loss after loss and I don’t think her post will provide any comfort for them.

Reactions: 4
I’ve never seen her mention it before either.

I think she might have thought she was showing “a light at the end of the tunnel” kinda thing with that post. Like, even after a loss you can have a healthy baby but I’m not sure it was in the best taste. Someone going through a loss right now might not want to hear about other people having healthy pregnancies etc. Some people have loss after loss after loss and I don’t think her post will provide any comfort for them.
Believe me it is no comfort at all. It is almost as bad as if someone were to say ‘better luck next time’. I lost a baby boy at birth then had a miscarriage before finally having my daughter. After the miscarriage a doctor actually said to me, and I swear this is true, ‘don’t worry, you can still have more babies. Just because you lost this one doesn’t mean it will happen again’. I wanted to punch her hard in the face - I didn’t want other babies, I wanted that one.

• Heart
I’m sorry if this sounds insensitive to anyone, but the phrase ‘we should have been a family of 6’ made me uneasy. If she has had 2 previous miscarriages/ baby losses that (in a perfect world) had been viable pregnancies, would she really have gone on to have another 2 children?

Reactions: 15
I’m sorry if this sounds insensitive to anyone, but the phrase ‘we should have been a family of 6’ made me uneasy. If she has had 2 previous miscarriages/ baby losses that (in a perfect world) had been viable pregnancies, would she really have gone on to have another 2 children?
I honestly dont beleive she would have had 4 children.

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand what you mean? That if she had 2 losses she wouldn’t/couldn’t have then gone on to have 2 healthy pregnancies and 2 kids?

my friend had a lot of miscarriages - probably 10 or 12 over a period of years, all before 12 weeks. She then went on to have 2 healthy kids, one after the other, completely naturally and doing nothing different to before so it is possible.

Reactions: 1
I don’t understand what you mean? That if she had 2 losses she wouldn’t/couldn’t have then gone on to have 2 healthy pregnancies and 2 kids?

my friend had a lot of miscarriages - probably 10 or 12 over a period of years, all before 12 weeks. She then went on to have 2 healthy kids, one after the other, completely naturally and doing nothing different to before so it is possible.
I meant would she have had another 2 children after and had 4 in total?

I find it’s just her ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ (for want of a better phrase) and to me (as someone who has had a stillbirth) it just doesn’t sit right. Like someone else said, it was like her saying there’s always next time. But so many of us affected by baby loss don’t get a next time.
i remember last year during the wave of light event at the end of BLAW so many instagrammers all of a sudden jumped on it and it felt so false. She may have had good intentions with this post, but to me it feels false.
Also, who takes a photo of an envelope like that? What if it had contained bad news, would you want that reminder?

Reactions: 7
I find it’s just her ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ (for want of a better phrase) and to me (as someone who has had a stillbirth) it just doesn’t sit right. Like someone else said, it was like her saying there’s always next time. But so many of us affected by baby loss don’t get a next time.
i remember last year during the wave of light event at the end of BLAW so many instagrammers all of a sudden jumped on it and it felt so false. She may have had good intentions with this post, but to me it feels false.
Also, who takes a photo of an envelope like that? What if it had contained bad news, would you want that reminder?

I agree. It was for the effect and I really didn’t appreciate it. I don’t want to doubt her losses but I do find it odd to discuss a healthy pregnancy if you have losses that sharing could help someone. And we know she shared everything so it’s not like much would be off limits. Also poor Lachlan. Isla gets park visits etc and he gets Costa

Reactions: 7
That post was insensitive as duck. She totally missed the point. It’s baby loss awareness week. You absolute fruit loop. Don’t talk about a pregnancy issue that resulted in a healthy baby. A now healthy little boy who isn’t loved and cherished like he should be. Who is still riding in a pram constantly at 3 years old. Why does he always look so scruffy and un kept. Why is he outside wearing a short sleeve top in OCTOBER. Meanwhile she’s walking round in a coat. So bleeping weird. I’ve put all the t shirts away now 💁🏼‍♀️ It’s long sleeve top weather. Or at least a t shirt with a bleeping jumper or coat on. Honestly. She just doesn’t care does she.

I find it odd that if she has suffered miscarriages that she would be so positive that she is going to have another baby next year, to the extent that she would buy bibs when she isn't even trying for a baby at the moment.

I can't imagine anyone would lie about something as heartbreaking as losing a baby but I can't recall her ever mentioning it in the past and let's face it she tells youtube/Instagram everything else.

I find it odd that if she has suffered miscarriages that she would be so positive that she is going to have another baby next year, to the extent that she would buy bibs when she isn't even trying for a baby at the moment.
Exactly! A close friend of mine suffered quite a few losses before having a healthy baby and she absolutely refused to buy anything even during the pregnancy. Her mum was secretly buying things so she’d be prepared but she literally didn’t even buy a single nappy before her baby was born, she was just too scared to tempt fate.

The whole thing with Sarah feels odd. I don’t think she’d lie but she’s not very tactful, empathetic or thoughtful about sensitive subjects.

Reactions: 5
Also if she had lost two babies youd think she'd love the ones she has more and want to spend as much time with them as possible.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.