Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems even in that essay she’s posted that she still thinks it’s funny he’s disruptive given the use of emoji. It’s not funny it’s bloody annoying as a parent when you’re paying for your child to be there to progress and learn and there’s another kid pissing about messing it up for everyone else- that kids parent is usually the one who spends the whole lesson staring at their phone and doesn’t give a tit as their “little treasure” is someone else’s problem for an hour!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That post made me very very cross.

She constantly shows her complete lack of discipline and very low behavioural standards. She encourages poor behaviour and being ‘wild’ by laughing and filming. She designs their lives to be chaotic and frantic with no down time, and shows no insight into her children’s need for regular quality time to decompress and connect. That’s all for her own validation, not what is best for her children.

She is charmed by his wild behaviour, even when it impacts the (paid for) experiences of other small children, expects those children to ENJOY his disruptive behaviour and their parents to accept it. Has she considered there maybe other children there with needs not being met because of her son?

If things are improving at school because of ‘a lot of extra support,’ does she really expect private activity clubs to also bear the cost of resourcing all that additional support he needs?

All kids can have poor behaviour sometimes, and that’s ok. But if a child is frequently disrupting the class and affecting other kids on a regular basis, it’s really unfair of her to expect those families to continue to take their kids to a club that is spoiled by her son’s behaviour. Club leaders will not be able to afford children leaving or having a poor experience, and probably can’t afford to pay for an extra helper if he needs more support than the other kids.

This isn’t about other people not having tolerance for L, it’s about HER not having consideration for a room full of kids trying their best. Kids regularly seem accepting of poor behaviour because they are following social norms - but later say actually they didn’t like it because somebody sucks up energy and time, or distracts or is unkind or too loud or drags the group in the wrong direction.

Being inclusive is massively important, I volunteer with an organisation where we will pay for additional support for children with diagnosis so they can have a good experience without impacting the class leader or other kids. Costs a lot and is absolutely worth it (we are a charity). But as a parent, if my child was causing these problems in a setting where that support was infeasible, I would take my child to something more appropriate, with trained staff ready to deal with it, or volunteer to help myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
That post made me very very cross.

She constantly shows her complete lack of discipline and very low behavioural standards. She encourages poor behaviour and being ‘wild’ by laughing and filming. She designs their lives to be chaotic and frantic with no down time, and shows no insight into her children’s need for regular quality time to decompress and connect. That’s all for her own validation, not what is best for her children.

She is charmed by his wild behaviour, even when it impacts the (paid for) experiences of other small children, expects those children to ENJOY his disruptive behaviour and their parents to accept it. Has she considered there maybe other children there with needs not being met because of her son?

If things are improving at school because of ‘a lot of extra support,’ does she really expect private activity clubs to also bear the cost of resourcing all that additional support he needs?

All kids can have poor behaviour sometimes, and that’s ok. But if a child is frequently disrupting the class and affecting other kids on a regular basis, it’s really unfair of her to expect those families to continue to take their kids to a club that is spoiled by her son’s behaviour. Club leaders will not be able to afford children leaving or having a poor experience, and probably can’t afford to pay for an extra helper if he needs more support than the other kids.

This isn’t about other people not having tolerance for L, it’s about HER not having consideration for a room full of kids trying their best. Kids regularly seem accepting of poor behaviour because they are following social norms - but later say actually they didn’t like it because somebody sucks up energy and time, or distracts or is unkind or too loud or drags the group in the wrong direction.

Being inclusive is massively important, I volunteer with an organisation where we will pay for additional support for children with diagnosis so they can have a good experience without impacting the class leader or other kids. Costs a lot and is absolutely worth it (we are a charity). But as a parent, if my child was causing these problems in a setting where that support was infeasible, I would take my child to something more appropriate, with trained staff ready to deal with it, or volunteer to help myself.
I wish you could put this comment on the post. Agree with everything you’ve said and it just baffles me that she won’t pull him out of all his clubs. My two school age kids are knackered when they get home and want to decompress. If L struggles so much and needs extra support why is she then forcing him to so many clubs where he’s clearly struggling and doesn’t have that additional help. But to literally drop him off and go as well. Like he’s not her problem! I’d be quitting Isla’s clubs too and telling her L needs to come first with his needs to just be at home. She’s behind infuriating.

Reactions: 13
@DeloresBawbag you’ve hit the nail on the head I agree with everything you’ve said.

These activities she puts him in are clearly not for his benefit or enjoyment but for extra childcare for Sarah to swan about getting her hairies done.
Any fool would surely realise Karate which is a disciplined martial art would not suit Lachlan. 2 hours on his own for his grading I take it?! NOTHING she does is for the kids she is the most selfish ignorant mother going.

Reactions: 10
The above comments, so brilliantly put, I wholeheartedly agree with and couldn’t have put it better myself, she is so selfish and to make this other parents, teachers, club organisers problem is disgusting. It’s her problem and she needs to address it. If he is taking over with his boisterous behaviour then it will 100% be having an affect on other children whether it be getting distracted or needing help but can‘t ask because the class clown is taking up valuable learning time being told to reign it in. I’d be so angry if my child was in that class.

Also this poor teacher obviously has experience with different ranges of personalities in kids and if they’ve came to her and expressed frustration at L’s behaviour, she should bloody well listen to them instead of proving them wrong. Your children are spoilt brats Sarah, deal with it, there’s nothing going undiagnosed here, you need to teach them how to behave!

• Heart
There is at least one kid like this in every cohort and it’s fine when you feel the mum is doing her best to manage it. When she’s not it just means no one else can enjoy the activity. I’ve lost count of the money I wasted on tennis lessons when one wild kid took 90% of the attention - as mums we used to sit in a parent area and this one mum would just watch her kid climbing the fence etc. and do nothing while the other kids had to stand and wait not playing tennis. Another time I ended up paying for private swimming lessons because a boy was a total liability in the pool and their other kids couldn’t safely learn so spent loads of time and the side getting bollocked. That’s not fair Sarah, it’s not your fault you have a lively kid, it is your fault that you don’t handle him appropriately

• Heart
This comment!! Limit activities, support him where he needs it! Be present and do not just drop and run! Leaving someone who is more than likely a volunteer to deal with his behaviour!
But Sarah just wants to spend as little time with that boy as possible.
Both those children must be absolutely shattered by the end of the week x
Sorry meant this one, your pic is in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Only Sarah could make Armistice Day and the ultimate sacrifice about her.
My husband is in the navy and has been for the whole time I’ve known him and his sacrifice is much more than mine. When he’s at sea he’s working continuously for anywhere between 3-5 months without a break. We cannot communicate at all other than me sending 120 words a week. He doesn’t get R&R. He spends that whole time with the same men, eating the same food with no breaks or trips or proper downtime. In contrast, on his last deployment I went away for a couple of long weekends, filled up my weeks with friends and nights out and spa days. I was in the comfort of my own home, with my own things and my own space. Was it hard missing him? Of course, but he had the infinitely harder job. And that job gives us the life we lead - the house we love, the holidays we want to go on. Her pity party is pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I am GOBSMACKED that she’s made today, ARMISTICE DAY all about herself!!!!!! Jesus Christ Almighty!!!!!!

YOU CHOSE TO MARRY A MAN WHO WAS IN THE ARMED FORCES!!!!!! YOU KNEW WHEH YOU MET HIM THAT HE WAS COMMITTED TO A LIFE IN THE MILITARY AND THAT YOU WOULD ALWAYS COME SECOND PLACE TO THE LIFE HE HAD ALREADY CHOSEN FOR HIMSELF.

Jesus wept.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Imagine what must go through her head to make it about her. How on earth can she think her job is just as tough as his? She could make her own life a damn sight easier if she didn’t have the kids in a million clubs a week. If she was actually organised with food shops rather than constantly running out of food, or ‘forgetting’ to order whatever box she’s promoting / cashing in on that week and needing to drag the kids out shopping with her at silly o’clock. If she actually allowed the kids to be at home and relax then they might be be so wired all the time. If she got them in a routine with discipline and structure. She is utterly, utterly insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Huge eye roll at her naval wife poem.

Today as I wear my poppy and during the 2 mins silence I think of those that sacrificed their lives for our country not for two bob influencers who missed out on brunches and cocktails because their husbands are deployed.

This woo is me act is wearing very thin. Put up and shut up or give him the ultimatum, leave now for the well paid jobs in the Middle East she expects him to walk into or tell him you'll move back to Mummy and Daddy until he sees out the rest of his time and collects the full pension.

Reactions: 17
She really needs to stop living her life through Instagram. She’s completely neurotic. And sacrificing her kids’ privacy and wellbeing by being so obsessed with her performative existence on a fricking app.

I bet many of the parents stay behind to watch/ support at the clubs and see Sarah leaving as quickly as she can. There’s probably a lot of resent towards her too for not controlling bad behaviour.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.