Sarah - This Mama Life #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally every time I log on to my Facebook I get her advert for Hello Fresh shoved in my face, had a look through the comments, lota pointing out what a ridiculous concept it is. Loads of passive aggressive responses from Sarah e.g. the below, cringe.
Ha, no they don’t come premeasured in plastic pots to throw in landfill. They come in large packs that you can use multiple times for multiple meals unlike HelloFresh! 🙄

Reactions: 9
Ha, no they don’t come premeasured in plastic pots to throw in landfill. They come in large packs that you can use multiple times for multiple meals unlike HelloFresh! 🙄
This is the main reason why hello fresh bothers me. I’d love to know the break down cost of say a pre-prepared piece of ginger or a sachet of soy sauce when you can get more for your money buying this stuff in a supermarket. The only good thing about hello fresh is it reduces your meal planning and thinking about what to cook. But surely you should just go out for dinner if you’re needing to be that lazy and money is no object.

Reactions: 1
This is the main reason why hello fresh bothers me. I’d love to know the break down cost of say a pre-prepared piece of ginger or a sachet of soy sauce when you can get more for your money buying this stuff in a supermarket. The only good thing about hello fresh is it reduces your meal planning and thinking about what to cook. But surely you should just go out for dinner if you’re needing to be that lazy and money is no object.
I really like hello fresh. We only ever get it when we have 50 percent off offer so the family meals for four people work out at 32 pound (4 recipes for 4 people). I totally understand that I could do it much cheaper than that if I shopped at Aldi etc(and I do shop there when we don't get HF), but I'm terrible at meal planning. With the discount it's 8 pound per night so not comparable to how much we'd spend if we went out for a meal. I find the food is generally much nicer than a typical wetherspoons/beefeater pub food too. In total we've probably only had them 8 or 9 weeks over 2 years but I'm always pleased when we get a voucher though.

I do find the pass agg comments to people in response to her ads ridiculous though. It's weird how much influencers feel they owe companies when they do their sponsored post. Surely Sarah's job is to create whatever content the brand have asked her to do. If her audience like hello fresh or not is out of her control so why is she being so arsey in the comments? I'd think a 'thanks for your comments that's really useful to know', or even 'Hello Fresh are slightly different as you get pre-weighed ingredients but it's great that there are other options out there too' or something would be far more endearing to her readers.

Reactions: 2
I find it very interesting how Sarah and the rest of the floggers only use Hello Fresh when it's for an Ad but it's constant supermarket food hauls the rest of the time.

Sarah probably thought she was being smart with her reply to the person saying about the supermarket recipe cards but it makes her look like a total dick.

Reactions: 7
I really like hello fresh. We only ever get it when we have 50 percent off offer so the family meals for four people work out at 32 pound (4 recipes for 4 people). I totally understand that I could do it much cheaper than that if I shopped at Aldi etc(and I do shop there when we don't get HF), but I'm terrible at meal planning. With the discount it's 8 pound per night so not comparable to how much we'd spend if we went out for a meal. I find the food is generally much nicer than a typical wetherspoons/beefeater pub food too. In total we've probably only had them 8 or 9 weeks over 2 years but I'm always pleased when we get a voucher though.

I do find the pass agg comments to people in response to her ads ridiculous though. It's weird how much influencers feel they owe companies when they do their sponsored post. Surely Sarah's job is to create whatever content the brand have asked her to do. If her audience like hello fresh or not is out of her control so why is she being so arsey in the comments? I'd think a 'thanks for your comments that's really useful to know', or even 'Hello Fresh are slightly different as you get pre-weighed ingredients but it's great that there are other options out there too' or something would be far more endearing to her readers.
Thanks for explaining it. These floggers are surprisingly rubbish at explaining cost! My hubby is a chef so I’m very lucky that way 😉

Reactions: 3
Do you think she cooked Isla a dinner after that stop at Costa after school?

Probably 🙄.

I like the comment about 'Ive picked Lachlan up early, straight after work.' That isn't early love, it's when you should be picking him up!

Reactions: 7
They had a late dinner (not just any dinner- m&s dinner) and I only saw 3 tiny plates. Lachlan must have been ignored or bundled up to bed so they could spend time with their preferred child

That eye pop/bug eye thing she does in her stories is annoying AF and it reminds me of when you squeeze one of those squishy toy things.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah and she only picked him up early cos someone from nursery was doing a home visit. Poor kid. Only picks him up early when she has to. Do we think Lachlan’s feet touched the floor in ikea ? Probably not only princess isla is allowed to walk and be near mama. Lachlan has to be strapped down at all times.

Asleep in a coffee shop at 4pm on Friday laid out in pram with a dummy. He is almost 3!!! There is something not quite right and it’s not Lachlan it’s the bleeping parents.

Reactions: 11
Don’t be daft.
Yeah and she only picked him up early cos someone from nursery was doing a home visit. Poor kid. Only picks him up early when she has to. Do we think Lachlan’s feet touched the floor in ikea ? Probably not only princess isla is allowed to walk and be near mama. Lachlan has to be strapped down at all times.

Asleep in a coffee shop at 4pm on Friday laid out in pram with a dummy. He is almost 3!!! There is something not quite right and it’s not Lachlan it’s the bleeping parents.

It’s ridiculous. They treat him like a baby.
In ikea today and do we think he got bought a proper toddler bed so they can finally get the poor kid out of the cot (the cot that he’s blatantly far too big for....) doubt it.

I could understand putting a little baby straight into the pram after a car journey but at his age... 😲 The poor kid is probably acting out (if he even is acting out) because he never gets a chance to expend any energy. It's like they can't be bothered raising a toddler/preschooler so they restrain him at any opportunity (in the buggy or the cot) and hope that nursery will teach him all the things he needs to learn. In the past I might have criticised him spending so long at nursery but maybe it's actually for the best - he will get to run around and play as well as learn how to sit at the table, stuff he doesn't get to do at home.

Reactions: 4
Don’t be daft.

It’s ridiculous. They treat him like a baby.
In ikea today and do we think he got bought a proper toddler bed so they can finally get the poor kid out of the cot (the cot that he’s blatantly far too big for....) doubt it.
I think she is getting them bunk beds isn't she?

Reactions: 1
She’s bought bibs for a third baby? 🙄
I feel like there’s going to be a pregnancy announcement soon! She keeps making really small hints about having a 3rd. Showing the cot in ikea etc. Feel sorry for an already pushed out Lachlan if she does get pregnant tho

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.