Sarah - This Mama Life #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine haven’t started clubs etc till 4 or 5 in fairness, but I’ve done the same for all of them. Well my youngest is a toddler but she won’t be starting till the same age as what my others were when they started clubs. Is Lachlan very naughty? What’s the reason for him being sent to bed early/restrained in a pushchair all the time?
It is harder to find clubs that start before 3, but surely on her day off there has to be a toddler group she can take him to - toddler swimming/musical tots, that’s kind of thing. Something where she can give him her full attention and he can enjoy having something that is about him for once.

If Lachlan is pulled from nursery, she will still have to pay, and nursery is an amazing learning and engaging experience for a 2 year old. She had a rough start with him and he is at a difficult age, all this talk of social services and red flags are rubbish. There are very limited clubs etc for a 2 year old - it is ridiculous to compare Isla and Lachlan, you can not agree with her parenting decisions but some people are taking it too far, that child is lived and cared for obviously, nobody is perfect
It is an amazing learning experience, but he gets that the other 4 days a week when he goes from the moment he wakes up to the moment he gets out to bed.
One day a week receiving his mother’s love and 1 on 1 attention is just as valuable, if not more so. However that requires effort and sacrifice of me-time from his mother. Which clearly she is not prepared to give.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It is harder to find clubs that start before 3, but surely on her day off there has to be a toddler group she can take him to - toddler swimming/musical tots, that’s kind of thing. Something where she can give him her full attention and he can enjoy having something that is about him for once.

She doesn’t need to
Put him in a group. She can and should be spending time with him doing something together - she could take him swimming herself on a Thursday. Or take him to the park. Or take him to soft play. Go on a walk together - not shoving him in a pram, get him walking! Do an indoor activity- crafts/games/baking/ - literally anything.

Reactions: 8
It is quite odd to have children and then let someone else (eg nursery) spend more time with them than you, their mummy. Actually it’s sad. He spends 50 hours a week there 🙁 Nursery can be lovely (my kids went to nursery and both loved it) it’s just the fact that Sarah doesn’t seem to want to spend any time with him one-to-one. And is she feels this way then perhaps she could do with some professional help to learn how to bond with him and gradually improve their relationship. Because she can’t get this time back.

Reactions: 5
It is quite odd to have children and then let someone else (eg nursery) spend more time with them than you, their mummy. Actually it’s sad. He spends 50 hours a week there 🙁 Nursery can be lovely (my kids went to nursery and both loved it) it’s just the fact that Sarah doesn’t seem to want to spend any time with him one-to-one. And is she feels this way then perhaps she could do with some professional help to learn how to bond with him and gradually improve their relationship. Because she can’t get this time back.
I completely agree she needs help to learn to bond with him. I'm shocked and a little disgusted the nursery haven't noticed this (at least one staff member must watch her videos!) And done something to help the situation.

Reactions: 2
I’m shocked anyone comes here to defend her.
She is selfish. So so so selfish.
I find it painful to watch her with Lachlan.
The shoving them in childcare no matter how late they get home or literally on a flight from holiday. I’ve never known a mother act this way. So they are looked after elsewhere mon- fri and she then chooses to go out a few evenings and on weekends regularly. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have hobbies, nights with friends etc but she takes the bleeping piss. I don’t think she knows what mumguilt is that’s for sure. The difference between most mothers and her is they do things for themselves after they’ve done a lot for their children and spent a lot of time with them!!! They need a break. She just needs a break from seeing them at all it seems.

She is so regimented and routined with them. She doesn’t seem to enjoy being a mother which is odd cos she makes money from selling her life and her kids on the internet. But all I see is one very unhappy family.
She hates her house. She hates where she lives, no family, no bond with her son and doesn’t want to spend time with him alone. She seems like her life is one big drag.

And we only know all this because of what she chooses to share. Imagine what she is like when the camera is off.

I feel incredibly sad for all of them. I am sure that in years to come when Sarah watches her videos back she will wonder why no one stepped in and told her her obsession with this hobby was having a terrible impact on her family life. She will wish that someone had spoken about bonding with Lachlan when he was small.

Her family and friends must see what we see. Why don't they speak up? They seem to walk on eggshells around her when maybe some tough love is needed.

And we only know all this because of what she chooses to share. Imagine what she is like when the camera is off.

I feel incredibly sad for all of them. I am sure that in years to come when Sarah watches her videos back she will wonder why no one stepped in and told her her obsession with this hobby was having a terrible impact on her family life. She will wish that someone had spoken about bonding with Lachlan when he was small.

Her family and friends must see what we see. Why don't they speak up? They seem to walk on eggshells around her when maybe some tough love is needed.
Maybe she has some undisclosed mental illness we don't know about and that's why they walk on eggshells around her? Or maybe because of the PTSD L gave her and it still affects her?

Getting Lachlan overload on her stories this evening...think someone is trying to overcompensate...?

But a picture with just her and Isla on her insta feed.

Lachlan will have been shunned and put to
His bed. No take away dinner for him, oh no. Bed for him, and pizza & family time for Isla.

Bloody terrible for that poor lad.

• Sad
If Lachlan is pulled from nursery, she will still have to pay, and nursery is an amazing learning and engaging experience for a 2 year old. She had a rough start with him and he is at a difficult age, all this talk of social services and red flags are rubbish. There are very limited clubs etc for a 2 year old - it is ridiculous to compare Isla and Lachlan, you can not agree with her parenting decisions but some people are taking it too far, that child is lived and cared for obviously, nobody is perfect
Nursery is an amazing learning experience.....

Guess what? So is mummy! None of mine went to nursery, they just started a couple of mornings at pre school when they turned 3. All could read and write and add up/subtract well before they started school. The BEST thing for your kids is time. Time playing games, going to music groups, playing at the park, going to library rhyme time.

I think people are slating her so much not because she does so little with him, but because she does NOTHING with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sarah used to be one of my favourite mummy bloggers but as time went on, i couldn't relate to her at all apart from the experience she's had with an eating disorder..
I don't doubt her love for L & I at all and i genuinely felt for her when she opened up about her PTSD, that must of been hard to tell the world but but that must of helped others feel okay to feel the way they did/do but also saying that, she barely does anything 1 to 1 with L. Why not cut one day to half a day on a Thursday or a Friday so she could go and do something with L? Doesn't have to be a group (Ive struggled to find a group local to my area that my eldest would enjoy as they dont take kids until they turn 5) but we go to soft play areas, parks, walks just me and her. It doesnt have to cost but its something that SHE likes and she loves it even more that she gets my undivided attention. No parent what so ever is perfect but its what she is showing us herself. If her youtube job/hobby is taking away very little spare time she has to be able to have 1 to 1 time with L, then somethinga got to give.

Instead of filming Lachlan why doesn't she get down on the floor and play with him.

Why is she wearing her wedding dress around the house? 😂

For content?
Because she’s so mind numbingly boring she has nothing else to film?
Because Rebecca Meldrum recently had her wedding dress on and Sarah is nothing but a cling on who copies everyone else?

• Haha
For content?
Because Rebecca Meldrum recently had her wedding dress on and Sarah is nothing but a cling on who copies everyone else?
Such a completely sad existence!

Reactions: 1
For content?

Lachlan looked seriously uninterested in her poncing around in her dress 😂

Reactions: 1
Lachlan looked seriously uninterested in her poncing around in her dress 😂

He’s probably wondering A) who the duck she is and B) where he is

Seeing as he spends 99% of his life in nursery being looked after/fed/watered by the staff there.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.