Sarah Therese

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am grateful that I am not in a country that denies parents the right to choose what is best for their family, and forces children into an indoctrination system. A system predicated on turning out worker bees in a hive, working a 9-5 lifestyle. You don’t have to like Ellen to listen to the podcast episode. You can also still read the books. Also, I am glad Ellen spoke her opinion on covid, I agree with her. Just because something goes against what the mainstream media says does’t make it wrong. Educating yourself and making an informed opinion is what everyone should be doing, yet few are, they just accept what they’re told, without hesitation. Again, I am grateful that I live somewhere where homeschooling is allowed, and where more people are choosing it every day. You do what’s best for you though.
Nothing wrong with homeschooling. Especially in the usa where there schools are crazy but lots of extreme right wing fanatics homeschooling their children in the usa. Ellen fisher is a typical american right wing fanatic she just hides it better and is vegan. Sarah always seemed like she was an american with her extreme views.

Reactions: 1
I am grateful that I am not in a country that denies parents the right to choose what is best for their family, and forces children into an indoctrination system. A system predicated on turning out worker bees in a hive, working a 9-5 lifestyle. You don’t have to like Ellen to listen to the podcast episode. You can also still read the books. Also, I am glad Ellen spoke her opinion on covid, I agree with her. Just because something goes against what the mainstream media says does’t make it wrong. Educating yourself and making an informed opinion is what everyone should be doing, yet few are, they just accept what they’re told, without hesitation. Again, I am grateful that I live somewhere where homeschooling is allowed, and where more people are choosing it every day. You do what’s best for you though.
Sorry for the off topic.

Wish homeschooling was a thing in my country, personally i would had 0 bulling traumas. Still asocial tho, but at least not bullied.
I was "sad" that i wasn't in school anymore when covid "homeschooling" happened. I would have enjoyed that from the bottom of my heart. 🤣

Nothing wrong with homeschooling. Especially in the usa where there schools are crazy but lots of extreme right wing fanatics homeschooling their children in the usa. Ellen fisher is a typical american right wing fanatic she just hides it better and is vegan. Sarah always seemed like she was an american with her extreme views.
Yeah. Sorry but I can not wrap my head around parents homeschooling their children without having any background in education. There is a reason people go through YEARS of training and/or school to be able to teach and sorry but you don't earn that knowledge by birthing a child. A few days ago Sarah referred to Michelangelo as Michael Angelo, she can't spell correctly (I'm not a native speaker and I notice it) and her world views are, well... I'm glad that we have stronger regulations here in Europe.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Yeah. Sorry but I can not wrap my head around parents homeschooling their children without having any background in education. There is a reason people go through YEARS of training and/or school to be able to teach and sorry but you don't earn that knowledge by birthing a child. A few days ago Sarah referred to Michelangelo as Michael Angelo, she can't spell correctly (I'm not a native speaker and I notice it) and her world views are, well... I'm glad that we have stronger regulations here in Europe.

You do NOT have to have an educational background to educate your children. Mist because someone has a degree doesn’t make them automatically a good educator. Pronouncing something wrong happens, it’s okay, it’s how we learn. I am grateful the US is NOT more strict. I am concerned by any govern who restricts home education. A government who only wants you to learn what their system is concerning. In the US there are so many amazing homeschooling/unschooling curriculums to help parents. So many options that parents can choose from to help them along the way. Homeschooling is SO amazing, you do NOT need to have a educational background to teach. At the end of the day teachers no how amazing they are, are only as good as their curriculum/as the system allows. Homeschooling allows you to alter lessons to each child’s individual method of learning, children are not forced into school 6+ hours a day, for five days a week. You can bring our child out into nature for lessons, you can go into the community and see things hands on, etc. Homeschooling allows so many more options then being in the school system. In the US the school system is broken it’s not even funny, there are so many problems, the things they’re teaching children in many places is disgusting. Teachers are so overworked, underpaid, and not getting the support they need. You make a comment about Sarah’s world views, yet is the school system you are only taught the world view of what the government wants schools to teach children, it doesn’t offer anything that goes outside what the government wants you to learn. I could go on and on, but I will leave it here. You have a right to your opinion, and others have the same. Again, I am grateful that the US does NOT force parents to put their children in government run schools, and is not strict about homeschooling like places in Europe. It’s concerning to me that countries do that, and that people think it’s a good thing. I encourage you though to read more about homeschooling, there are so many books available, try reading some. There are so many people who have videos/podcasts about homeschooling, research, see what you find. Also, one problem people have, people have been conditioned to think that in order to be educated you need follow what the government tells you education should be, and nothing else. This is so far from the truth. There are so many ways to educate someone, you don’t have to have a degree to educate your children, especially today when there are so many amazing options online. I hope one day you research more, so at the very least you understand why people decide to homeschool, that number grows every year in the US. More and more people are making the choice to homeschool their children as they don’t agree with the school system. I am grateful every day that I was homeschooled. When I have children they absolutely will be homeschooled. And I am grateful the US is not forcing children into what the government calls school.

Sorry, but a lot of parents do NOT know what is best for their children and some of them are dangerous. But I see what you like...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry, but a lot of parents do NOT know what is best for their children and some of them are dangerous. But I see what you like...

And a lot of people in government do NOT know what’s best for your child or you for that matter. Just because there are some bad parents out there, doesn’t mean the majority are bad. The majority are amazing, you must hear about the bad ones, especially when it comes to homeschooling. The bad stories make for good news stories, the good stories of homeschooling don’t make for good news stories. I would NEVER put my children in the school system based on what the government is telling you what is best for your child. I find it concerning when people put so much trust and faith in the government letting people in power decide what is best for them. I think it’s disappointing that so many people base their idea of what education should be based on what the government tells you education should be, and anything that deviates is looked down upon. I again, am very grateful more and more people in the US are homeschooling. I hope that it becomes the norm one day.

You do NOT have to have an educational background to educate your children. Mist because someone has a degree doesn’t make them automatically a good educator. Pronouncing something wrong happens, it’s okay, it’s how we learn. I am grateful the US is NOT more strict. I am concerned by any govern who restricts home education. A government who only wants you to learn what their system is concerning. In the US there are so many amazing homeschooling/unschooling curriculums to help parents. So many options that parents can choose from to help them along the way. Homeschooling is SO amazing, you do NOT need to have a educational background to teach. At the end of the day teachers no how amazing they are, are only as good as their curriculum/as the system allows. Homeschooling allows you to alter lessons to each child’s individual method of learning, children are not forced into school 6+ hours a day, for five days a week. You can bring our child out into nature for lessons, you can go into the community and see things hands on, etc. Homeschooling allows so many more options then being in the school system. In the US the school system is broken it’s not even funny, there are so many problems, the things they’re teaching children in many places is disgusting. Teachers are so overworked, underpaid, and not getting the support they need. You make a comment about Sarah’s world views, yet is the school system you are only taught the world view of what the government wants schools to teach children, it doesn’t offer anything that goes outside what the government wants you to learn. I could go on and on, but I will leave it here. You have a right to your opinion, and others have the same. Again, I am grateful that the US does NOT force parents to put their children in government run schools, and is not strict about homeschooling like places in Europe. It’s concerning to me that countries do that, and that people think it’s a good thing. I encourage you though to read more about homeschooling, there are so many books available, try reading some. There are so many people who have videos/podcasts about homeschooling, research, see what you find. Also, one problem people have, people have been conditioned to think that in order to be educated you need follow what the government tells you education should be, and nothing else. This is so far from the truth. There are so many ways to educate someone, you don’t have to have a degree to educate your children, especially today when there are so many amazing options online. I hope one day you research more, so at the very least you understand why people decide to homeschool, that number grows every year in the US. More and more people are making the choice to homeschool their children as they don’t agree with the school system. I am grateful every day that I was homeschooled. When I have children they absolutely will be homeschooled. And I am grateful the US is not forcing children into what the government calls school.
Okay. I'm happy that worked out for you and that you have the option to continue down that road with your children. But I cannot agree with you that you don't need a formal education to be a teacher, because that formal education, while maybe regulated by policies and politics/government you may not agree with (because that's what I can understand from your reply) it is based on science :child psychology, didactics, methodology, sociology, medicine to name a few. Knowledge, experience and the implementation of those rarely comes naturally to someone. I can see the benefits of homeschooling I really can, but only done by someone who has actually trained to do that. Not a parent with a downloaded curriculum.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Okay. I'm happy that worked out for you and that you have the option to continue down that road with your children. But I cannot agree with you that you don't need a formal education to be a teacher, because that formal education, while maybe regulated by policies and politics/government you may not agree with (because that's what I can understand from your reply) it is based on science :child psychology, didactics, methodology, sociology, medicine to name a few. Knowledge, experience and the implementation of those rarely comes naturally to someone. I can see the benefits of homeschooling I really can, but only done by someone who has actually trained to do that. Not a parent with a downloaded curriculum.

You have a right to your opinion, but it makes me SO angry that people in our world have been so conditioned believe that you need someone who went to university to be properly educated. The problem is that you believe you need a certain system o be educated. A system that is designed to turn out university students, then people who go into the work force who spend their lives working 9-5. You assume that it is a ”parent downloaded curriculum”. There are so many amazing curriculums out there designed for homeschooling/unschooling, they are not just some wishy washy none sense, like people think they are. You do NOT need someone who went to school to properly educate child. That’s a huge problem in our world, people ASSUME that education is based on all the things you mentioned, because tou have been taught that your in entire life. They ASSUME that experts put together this system based on all these factors, and that’s why we need to be in school. Truthfully, it’s NOT how education needs to be, and when people question it, they are looked down on. The older most people get, they don’t even remember most of what they learned in school, most of it they never use again unless they are in a career that uses certain information. So much of school is based on exams, and performing to a certain standard. A standard based on what people in a position of authority tell you is important. Again, you’re your opinion appears heavily based on what has been pushed on society, that education is based on all the things you mentioned, and that you need to have an certified teacher to be in charge. None of this is true. You have a right to your opinion, but I am encouraging you to research, and truly understand what homeschooling/unschooling is about. Again, sadly we live in a world where people believe education needs to be what they have been told, based on all the things mentioned. People don’t question it, they just accept it, believing it’s what’s best. I highly encourage you to research read books, listen to podcasts, and talks on the issue. You’d be surprised at what you will actually learn regarding education, and teaching children.
Some great sources: How Children Learn & How Children Fail by John Holt
Unschooling Rules Clark Aldrich (a former teacher)
Dumbing Us Down John Taylor Gatto
The Unschooling Manuel naturalchild.org
Does School Kill Creativity: Ted Talk
podcasts:
Homeschool Unrefined
The Homeschool Sister
Ellen Fisher Podcast/Youtube channel videos on the topic
Raising Lifelong Learners
Off-Trail Learning
Exploring Unschooling
Blogs:
Simple Homeschool
Confessions of a Homeschool
I Can Teach My Child
Homegrown Learners

These are just a few sources, there are countless. Again, Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, it makes me so sad and so angry that so many people have a negative view of homeschool, because they have been taught to see it that way. People are taught that school needs to be the things you mentioned, based off of other things you and others mentioned and we should just accept it because they know best, but that’s just not true. It does NOT have to be that way at all, if people did not just blindly accept that education needs to be what you posted, you would see different results. A sad reality of our world is that people no longer question things, especially when people of power and authority are saying them. Again, it saddens me to see, at least in the US people go from education system, to university racking up massive debt, as University in the US is crazy expensive. They spend years paying off there debt, many end up in jobs that are just jobs to pay the bills, and not careers they enjoy. They work looking forward to the weekend, spending their entire lives working the 9-5 mentality. They raise their kids the same way, as that is what the school system is designed to do, generation after generation. Not to mention the curriculum in so many places in the US at least, has gone downhill so much, and is failing students at this point, in many places it’s an absolute joke. Once again, everyone has a right to their opinion, but it makes me so sad and so angry that people have such a negative view on alternative forms of education, all because they have been taught to see things a certain way.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You have a right to your opinion, but it makes me SO angry that people in our world have been so conditioned believe that you need someone who went to university to be properly educated. The problem is that you believe you need a certain system o be educated. A system that is designed to turn out university students, then people who go into the work force who spend their lives working 9-5. You assume that it is a ”parent downloaded curriculum”. There are so many amazing curriculums out there designed for homeschooling/unschooling, they are not just some wishy washy none sense, like people think they are. You do NOT need someone who went to school to properly educate child. That’s a huge problem in our world, people ASSUME that education is based on all the things you mentioned, because tou have been taught that your in entire life. They ASSUME that experts put together this system based on all these factors, and that’s why we need to be in school. Truthfully, it’s NOT how education needs to be, and when people question it, they are looked down on. The older most people get, they don’t even remember most of what they learned in school, most of it they never use again unless they are in a career that uses certain information. So much of school is based on exams, and performing to a certain standard. A standard based on what people in a position of authority tell you is important. Again, you’re your opinion appears heavily based on what has been pushed on society, that education is based on all the things you mentioned, and that you need to have an certified teacher to be in charge. None of this is true. You have a right to your opinion, but I am encouraging you to research, and truly understand what homeschooling/unschooling is about. Again, sadly we live in a world where people believe education needs to be what they have been told, based on all the things mentioned. People don’t question it, they just accept it, believing it’s what’s best. I highly encourage you to research read books, listen to podcasts, and talks on the issue. You’d be surprised at what you will actually learn regarding education, and teaching children.
Some great sources: How Children Learn & How Children Fail by John Holt
Unschooling Rules Clark Aldrich (a former teacher)
Dumbing Us Down John Taylor Gatto
The Unschooling Manuel naturalchild.org
Does School Kill Creativity: Ted Talk
podcasts:
Homeschool Unrefined
The Homeschool Sister
Ellen Fisher Podcast/Youtube channel videos on the topic
Raising Lifelong Learners
Off-Trail Learning
Exploring Unschooling
Blogs:
Simple Homeschool
Confessions of a Homeschool
I Can Teach My Child
Homegrown Learners

These are just a few sources, there are countless. Again, Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, it makes me so sad and so angry that so many people have a negative view of homeschool, because they have been taught to see it that way. People are taught that school needs to be the things you mentioned, based off of other things you and others mentioned and we should just accept it because they know best, but that’s just not true. It does NOT have to be that way at all, if people did not just blindly accept that education needs to be what you posted, you would see different results. A sad reality of our world is that people no longer question things, especially when people of power and authority are saying them. Again, it saddens me to see, at least in the US people go from education system, to university racking up massive debt, as University in the US is crazy expensive. They spend years paying off there debt, many end up in jobs that are just jobs to pay the bills, and not careers they enjoy. They work looking forward to the weekend, spending their entire lives working the 9-5 mentality. They raise their kids the same way, as that is what the school system is designed to do, generation after generation. Not to mention the curriculum in so many places in the US at least, has gone downhill so much, and is failing students at this point, in many places it’s an absolute joke. Once again, everyone has a right to their opinion, but it makes me so sad and so angry that people have such a negative view on alternative forms of education, all because they have been taught to see things a certain way.
Thank you for your reply and for the record I do not look down on you. I simply disagree. It's best to not continue this conversation, because it won't lead anywhere. Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you for your reply and for the record I do not look down on you. I simply disagree. It's best to not continue this conversation, because it won't lead anywhere. Good luck!

I will end this conversation as well, because clearly we are not going to agree. I will say one last thing: don’t be afraid to question things: don’t be afraid to question someone who has a medical degree, don’t be afraid to question someone in politics, don’t be afraid to question the meaning of what an education is, simply because you have been taught something your whole life. Don’t be afraid to question things going on in the world right now. You have a right to your opinion, but I sincerely hope people one day start questioning things more, INCLUDING what it means to get an education.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m wondering if the home schooling will be coming to an end and that’s why she’s stopped showing the children.

I’m wondering if the home schooling will be coming to an end and that’s why she’s stopped showing the children.
There’s a more active thread of Reddit and an old friend did an AMA….

There’s a more active thread of Reddit and an old friend did an AMA….
Ooh. Link?

Given ST's religious/political beliefs, I have a stronger sense that she's fallen down some kind of nonsense trafficking rabbit hole.

Don’t think I can paste a link but just search in Reddit for: sarahtheresesnark

Don’t think I can paste a link but just search in Reddit for: sarahtheresesnark
I found it.

All of that sounds like it's probably true, although imo they come off as having a crush on her husband. Which... lol. Good luck to them.

The stuff about Rachel in particularly is unsurprising. Rachel is such a gorgeous woman, but I can imagine what growing up in Sarah's shadow was like.

I found it.

All of that sounds like it's probably true, although imo they come off as having a crush on her husband. Which... lol. Good luck to them.

The stuff about Rachel in particularly is unsurprising. Rachel is such a gorgeous woman, but I can imagine what growing up in Sarah's shadow was like.
Ha ha! I started to watch her videos when she into minimalism. Not interested in religion but realised something was ‘off’ and sort of watched just to see what would happen next.

I'm a Christian myself and I get sinister vibes from this family. The incessant breeding, the dubious sexual conduct, the homeschooling, the odd head-shaving stuff...if those kids need help, I hope they can get access to it.

I hope this isn't the Duggar Family 2.0

Reactions: 3
I'm a Christian myself and I get sinister vibes from this family. The incessant breeding, the dubious sexual conduct, the homeschooling, the odd head-shaving stuff...if those kids need help, I hope they can get access to it.

I hope this isn't the Duggar Family 2.0
I could be completely wrong about this, but I always feel like little Cavlin gets a bit overlooked. I feel sorry for him.

I'm enjoying each and every one of her definitely real "A person stopped me in the street today and marvelled at how I was so young/thin/naturally redheaded" stories.

This... surely isn't happening, right? Like these come off as conversations she's having with herself in the shower.