I used to work as a civilian in a UK police force & I agree, I think the injury was self-inflicted. Custody is very heavily geared up to protect the detained person & he will likely be in one of the cells with CCTV & likely have 1/2 officers with him constantly - they don’t enter the cells, they sit outside so I do doubt anyone has attacked him. Although I don’t doubt for one minute they don’t feel like it.
this case, like all of you on here has deeply effected me. Not only for my sadness & upset for Sarah, my own personal experiences of sexual assault/harassment by males, including a friend, being victim blamed & then for my ex-policing family who this is also horrendous for due to who has committed these offences.
I like most on here think this is just the surface. I saw a girl on Twitter that has been saying she walked this same route in 2017 & someone tried to kidnap her, in a black car with blacked out windows but she fought them & luckily got away. She told police at the time but nothing was done. She gave them this info a couple of days ago & then the next minute, this guys car was seen on cctv & it was a very similar car (if not the same) to what she described. I obviously don’t know the ins & outs, or if indeed it was the same person but she is convinced there is like a gang targeting blonde females & more have gone missing.
its all just so awful & so so scary. My heart goes out to Sarah’s family
