Sarah Burke #65 Mammy is up the pole to avoid going on the dole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know these ones that don’t work? Do the dole not be on to them to get jobs and do courses etc? Fortunately I’ve never been out of work but a few friends of mine weremade redundant during the pandemic and they were HOUNDED by social welfare! How are these ones getting away with not working at all?
I believe the longer your on the books the less they focus on you. Once I was laid off and absolutely hounded by them

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
What’s in the water in cork 🤷‍♀️wouldn’t be able to follow that one, same drivel content as Sarah Burke, is this what they think life is about seriously 🤔putting on makeup, drying hair , rinse repeat daily🙄so boring
The wardrobe fairy is another major dose (also from cork) never known somebody so mad about themself she’d give Sarah a run for a money.

Reactions: 2
Not another loss, I reckon she's trying to get people to think that, as she's a sick duck. She'll come on and be like "lots going on in the background, that's why I've not been on" and then come on in a few weeks and announce the news shes pregs and she's been so sick, that's why she was MIA and the smug face flaring the nostrils into the camera. Vomit! She's only at her usual shite playing the "mysterious" card now. As if people are losing sleep over her lol

Reactions: 20
Probably to commemorate the due date 🤦🏻‍♀️ I always cringe at that quote.. too beautiful for earth, right so what did the angels say when they saw your living child? Nah he’s a right munter leave him off

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I believe the longer your on the books the less they focus on you. Once I was laid off and absolutely hounded by them
Yes I always thought the same. Those who have made a lifestyle out of it appear to be untouchable.

I couldn't get a job after finishing college in my own field. So I applied for every job under the sun. They kept telling me I was 'overqualified' and they felt there would be little point in training me up just for me to leave to get a job I was qualified for when it came up. So I was out of work for about 18months. I sheepishly applied for social after a few months job searching. I was only entitled to job seeker's and it was means tested against my partner (we were living together). He was on a very low hour contract and we were expecting our first baby (excellent planning by us there 😬😅). I think I was getting about €60 a wk. It was a very tough time and we honestly had so little money.. I was clueless though about social welfare perks or whatever. Anyway, they absolutely hounded me. I was doing courses at 8 months pregnant and had to provide some letter from the maternity hospital to say I was due baby imminently and therefore not eligible for work. I was in every wk to sign on and I felt like I was treated like scum. Then after my baby was born, I was contacted by social and informed that I had been overpaid (how u can be overpaid when ur only getting 60euro is beyond me) for 6 months and basically ate down the phone that it had to be my fault for filling a form out incorrectly, only for it to actually be there's... 🙄 then told that I'm damn lucky they won't be insisting that I pay that money back. I was so glad to at least have the child benefit at that stage cause my job seeker's went down to about €48 or something.

They were horrible to deal with and pure ignorant. I get that everyone has a job to do and I'm sure it's not easy either but Christ they enjoyed lording it over me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Not another loss, I reckon she's trying to get people to think that, as she's a sick duck. She'll come on and be like "lots going on in the background, that's why I've not been on" and then come on in a few weeks and announce the news shes pregs and she's been so sick, that's why she was MIA and the smug face flaring the nostrils into the camera. Vomit! She's only at her usual shite playing the "mysterious" card now. As if people are losing sleep over her lol
There will be more going on in the background when the social welfare catch up with her after the poster above who complained her 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Was told this by a worker, got my stamps for 9 months and I was hounded every week in even though I was pregnant with a 16 month old . I was told that people on the dole for 2 or more years they don't chase 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The wardrobe fairy is another major dose (also from cork) never known somebody so mad about themself she’d give Sarah a run for a money.
I agree! Everything is “carnage” to her, even the bloody washing 😂. Does she have a thread on here?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There will be more going on in the background when the social welfare catch up with her after the poster above who complained her 😬
Ah I rang the day the new iPhone was flaunted all over the stories, so I’m sure one of the historical green blazer car rants was due to that 😂 the one where she mentioned a letter or something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Aw the wardrobe fairy is no where NEAR in the same category as burps omg. She has some self respect. I don’t mind her, she seems like a nice person, she’s not a lying scumbag like most of the cork Huns. She’s decent and enjoys life.

Reactions: 1
Was told this by a worker, got my stamps for 9 months and I was hounded every week in even though I was pregnant with a 16 month old . I was told that people on the dole for 2 or more years they don't chase 🙄
I know someone on social welfare their whole life,10 kids,in their 3rd council house has gotten a grant each time to furnish it.i had to sell my jewellery lately to get my kids shoes as I'm not eligible for dole as my husband works,I'd be lucky to get 50 a week and like that I'd be hounded but lots where I'm from have gotten all these fuel allowance and jobseekers bonuses and are off on foreign holidays.such a corrupt system.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Back to burbs and her breadcrumbing, she could give the pidegon lady brenda fricker a run for her money at this stage. Same standard of personal hygiene also. Good old "breadcrumbing , brian beating, bitchy, bursting out of her clothes burbs burke"
Screenshot_20230322_140923_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Same story, worked for years and was hounded when a contract came to an end and I had to draw job seekers for 2.5 months to help pay my rent.

I was made go to a centre to hear about CV writing classes and told if I'd didn't go I'd be docked 30% of the payment.

They didn't care that I had an up to date CV, 2 degrees and a masters and was only out of work 5 weeks at that point. Meanwhile others are free to organise the cushions all day.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
There the ones that should be hounded!!! 😡

Reactions: 8
Same story, worked for years and was hounded when a contract came to an end and I had to draw job seekers for 2.5 months to help pay my rent.

I was made go to a centre to hear about CV writing classes and told if I'd didn't go I'd be docked 30% of the payment.

They didn't care that I had an up to date CV, 2 degrees and a masters and was only out of work 5 weeks at that point. Meanwhile others are free to organise the cushions all day.
That's a disgrace 😪🤬🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.