Sarah Akwisombe #8 buy a crystal, buy a rock, don't mention refunds or you'll get a block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve DM’d them with links to the WOTPOD article. NO WAY should she be an ambassador for a brand trying to sell to women in business. Ridiculous 🤬
They are a B Corp - working Sarah Akwisombe could actually put that accreditation at risk.

From the B Corp declaration:

As B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:

• That we must be the change we seek in the world.
  • That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
  • That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
  • To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.

In case anyone else finds it useful for sharing, here's the summary sent to all her brand partners, a few other news outlets, including some local ones to her Croydon home address, and Croydon trading standards:

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it
- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services
- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy
- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".
- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled
- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable
- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds
- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her
- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content

Refinery29

Women on Top part 1

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro

The Independent

Vice

Medium

Polit RU

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
That ‘studio’ looks like absolute tit. I thought it was meant to be some Palm Springs- inspired funky tit?! It looks like something a dodgy builder chucked together in about ten minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That ‘studio’ looks like absolute tit. I thought it was meant to be some Palm Springs- inspired funky tit?! It looks like something a dodgy builder chucked together in about ten minutes.
I wouldn't swear to it, but the paint finish on the surface looks like it's been rollered on in a hurry. Quite patchy.

I wonder if there's some mid-project cost cutting (the mysterious mythical door, tit finish) as they start to run out of money? 🤔🤔

Reactions: 1
They are a B Corp - working Sarah Akwisombe could actually put that accreditation at risk.

From the B Corp declaration:

As B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:

• That we must be the change we seek in the world.
  • That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
  • That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
  • To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.

In case anyone else finds it useful for sharing, here's the summary sent to all her brand partners, a few other news outlets, including some local ones to her Croydon home address, and Croydon trading standards:

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it
- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services
- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy
- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".
- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled
- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable
- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds
- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her
- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content

Refinery29

Women on Top part 1

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro

The Independent

Vice

Medium

Polit RU

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business
I want to be in your gang!
Thank you for keeping it all in such excellent order ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah L boy did that too didn’t he - she’s back on the milli journey narrative

• Heart
This woman is a dose.
Hi Sarah, still taking social media lessons from dear Llewy are we? He did this lately too.
MLM #101 I guess
Also, a very interesting selection of other opened windows and bookmarks bar
She does not pay attention to detail at all.....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hadn't but great idea!! 👍👍

Oh and just for the record. Do you all know how bloody hard it was for me not to make a last minute change to this thread title?!? It was moments away from being.........

Drum roll......

"Sarah Akwisombe #8: buy a crystal, buy a rock, I still dream of Llewy D's ****"

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Anyone wondering where the money is.... Don't forget to keep reporting her profile every day, from as many accounts as you can.

Splendid!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’ve DM’d them with links to the WOTPOD article. NO WAY should she be an ambassador for a brand trying to sell to women in business. Ridiculous 🤬
Well done. I'm going to DM her too to add some pressure...

Reactions: 4
Just another thought, with the website and design costs I would think she may just be in profit... unless she cut corners. Which I couldn’t imagine her doing. Ever.

Splendid!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Well done. I'm going to DM her too to add some pressure...
She doesn’t appear to be in the stories anymore 👀👀👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
She doesn’t appear to be in the stories anymore 👀👀👀
that means they took their insta story down after our intervention, because they posted it at 1pm and story is on for 24 hours.
Also, their latest story is someone else posing in the same spot as Sarah earlier on, so they only took down stories featuring Sarah Akwisombe

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm sorry but their shed reminds me of Sharon Tate's house, that isn't a good thing. Why is it black? I thought they were going for art deco vibes. It looks like a My Chemical Romance fan built it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Absolutely love it that Dai took the story down. I also sent the articles. We’re doing them a favour really as they’re risking tainting their reputation by having anything to do with that conwoman

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ugh I feel so sad. I just feel like I can’t trust anyone on the internet anymore. Sarah just shared a story from lightlanguage_codes on Instagram using Sarah’s boss magic cards, and I feel so sad because that would have been someone I would have loved to follow and buy from, but now that I’ve seen she is using Sarah’s cards everything else looks like bullshit too. How can I trust a psychic who buys cards off someone like sarah? 😭😭😭

Reactions: 10
So seeing as one of her tabs says ‘debt’ we can take it that all isn’t so well cash-wise...

• Heart
  • Haha
This woman is a dose.
Hi Sarah, still taking social media lessons from dear Llewy are we? He did this lately too.
MLM #101 I guess
What an idiot. She must think people are stupid. A "credit score" is nothing more than an indication, lenders have their own individual criteria that depends if they lend or not, it's not some arbitrary thing.

The other thing is that someone could have a score of 999 and be absolutely fucked financially, as it takes a couple of months to catch up with reporting, so realistically, if she's been paying everything each month debt/credit wise, she could show a decent score right now. But it's meaningless and if the money runs out,will be a different story in a couple of months' time.

Will also be interesting to see both NBBS and Ruben Creative accounts when they're due. From reading a few of her posts and pieces around the time of the house purchase, there might have been a bit of shall we say "sharp practice" between them, their accountant (who also owns a commercial finance broker) and their mortgage broker. Now I'm not going to use such an emotive term as "mortgage fraud" but I have a strong suspicion based on the accounts I saw for NBBS that there's some pretty tricky stuff going on.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Out of interest. When you’ve emailed the list to brands etc. Has anyone replied?
Not yet, but having previously worked for a subsidiary of one of them, I know the wheels move slowly even in normal times, never mind when everyone's WFH and year end/quarter end is days away. Just as well I'm still on good terms with my old boss.... 😜😜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.