Sarah Akwisombe #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On that recent companies house documents, it stated two employees. All this bollocks about them having staff doesn’t ring true.

I dread to think how much that mortgage is a month, I don’t think at this point their refusing to refund due to ethics, I think they must be starting to feel the pinch.
Rightmove estimated £1600-1700.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
On that recent companies house documents, it stated two employees. All this bollocks about them having staff doesn’t ring true.

I dread to think how much that mortgage is a month, I don’t think at this point their refusing to refund due to ethics, I think they must be starting to feel the pinch.
She’s manifesting the money...The money will come...that’s how she’s living. They will only feel anything when they have no cash or credit! £$€¥

• Heart
But if you have a massive mortgage why wasting £40k on that black shed? Pay the mortgage down

• Heart
But if you have a massive mortgage why wasting £40k on that black shed? Pay the mortgage down
Because she's the same as all the other contrepreneurs out there - the spending creates the illusion of greater wealth and is used as a marketing tool to hook more people in. I can't remember what Mike Winnet calls it, but it has a name 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Rightmove estimated £1600-1700.
That figure will be based on a certain deposit, whatever the minimum was at the time which if they paid greater than & have since paid off a chunk more their mortgage repayment won’t be that figure. Plus is that figure based on principal & interest or interest only. It’s seriously not worth the time or energy speculating on her mortgage repayment or state of financial affairs.

Reactions: 8
That figure will be based on a certain deposit, whatever the minimum was at the time which if they paid greater than & have since paid off a chunk more their mortgage repayment won’t be that figure. Plus is that figure based on principal & interest or interest only. It’s seriously not worth the time or energy speculating on her mortgage repayment or state of financial affairs.
People are interested in her finances as she’s swindled a lot of people out of money...and she blatantly spending it on Instagram on a studio and gifts and a new tat business 😁

• Heart
OK here goes, the fresh summary, also forms the body of content to be emailed to all brand partners (CMO and Head of Corporate /Legal Affairs):

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it
- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services
- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy
- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".
- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled
- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable
- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds
- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her on social media about refunds
- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content

Refinery29

Women on Top part 1

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro

The Independent

Vice

Medium

Polit RU

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You're right! She did indeed - I'll find the link in a bit.

In other news - who's tuning in at 8pm on Monday for some magical mystery? I predict there could be some mystical fireworks and astrological awkwardness in the live comments.... 🙈🙉🙊😂

Didn't she say she wanted to have a separate business which wasn't about her or showing her face!? She can't help herself and she looks smug AF in that photo. 😞

Reactions: 7
Didn't she say she wanted to have a separate business which wasn't about her or showing her face!? She can't help herself and she looks smug AF in that photo. 😞
That's an old photo! She looks a lot more gaunt now, and more "dead eyed" (BTW before anyone says we shouldn't witch about appearances, I'm not, just observing that she looks a lot less healthy than in that old picture)

• Heart
You can still be a Founder even in a company of one. Again, not sticking up for her but I don't want what's going on here to start tarnishing other business owners.
I hear you there. There's real risk that Sarah Akwisombe could really negatively impact the perception of online businesses, female owned businesses, and of course reputable social influencers & marketers.

Reactions: 6
But paying the mortgage down doesn’t provide endless #inspo content for the ‘gram!
With what she's earnt this last year, they may have already paid it off! Aside from NBBS which we can estimate the income from, she's had a lot of lucrative brand partnerships.

I hear you there. There's real risk that Sarah Akwisombe could really negatively impact the perception of online businesses, female owned businesses, and of course reputable social influencers & marketers.
Exactly this thank you. I was on SI, and so many of our little regional group have already said they'll never trust people in this space again. I'm not a coach but my business does help people (based on my 20 years experience and knowledge) so it upsets me that certain things are being called out when actually they're pretty normal. There's obviously a huge positive to calling out and bringing awareness to the majority of what she's done but let's not tarnish totally legitimate business practices too.

• Heart
With what she's earnt this last year, they may have already paid it off! Aside from NBBS which we can estimate the income from, she's had a lot of lucrative brand partnerships.
Well once that new summary lands with the brands (they've already all had social tags, and Sarah complained on twitter about the brand contact already 😂😂), hopefully that's a revenue stream cut off, along with coaching.

By cutting off the big brand opportunity, not only us earning potential hit badly (and we all know the only thing she cares about is money), but more importantly, it denies her the opportunity to leverage the big brand projects to build trust and hook in new victims by appearing reputable and validated.

• Heart
I very much doubt Sarah’s paid off her mortgage. She didn’t see this tit show coming and whilst interest rates have been cheap it would have made sense to just pay monthly and give themselves a very large disposable income, to flash the cash. She’s so crass with it. Like “ loadsamoney “ character that Harry Enfield used to portray.
I would expect they have a large expenditure every month, they never used to be in to eat ( apart from covid lockdown). They spend money like water, to “keep up with the Jones’” . One thing I have actually wondered this week is, I wonder if she used protection with Llewellyn Davies ? Given they’re both narcissists; they’re both chancers and I’m convinced he will have had a few on the go. I hope she’s had STD tests!

• Wow
Martin’s site is great...❤

For sure. Seems like everyone is entitled to their money back. They will just need to fight a little for it. 💪🏼👍🏽
Why, has Martin not been knighted?..,he should be for services to man kind and being a all-round badass. The amount of people he has helped by opening Our eyes to the un-scrupulous. ❤🙌🏾

• Heart
People are interested in her finances as she’s swindled a lot of people out of money...and she blatantly spending it on Instagram on a studio and gifts and a new tat business 😁
She is but the reality is no one knows the state of her finances but her & Jason. I completely understand many are interested in her finances but speculating is getting them no where with regard to obtaining a refund. That’s up to presenting a methodical case that clearly outlines why a refund should be granted & how that relates back to regulations & the law in whatever avenue is chosen, PayPal, chargeback or small claims court. I can’t help but feel many would feel better if they were to make their claim, sit back & wait for the outcome then put this saga to bed.

OK here goes, the fresh summary, also forms the body of content to be emailed to all brand partners (CMO and Head of Corporate /Legal Affairs):

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it
- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services
- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy
- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".
- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled
- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable
- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds
- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her on social media about refunds
- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content

Refinery29

Women on Top part 1

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro

The Independent

Vice

Medium

Polit RU

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business:
Well done. Did you include the URL for undelete?

• Heart
Well done. Did you include the URL for undelete?
Yep - first URL in the list before news article links 👍

Why, has Martin not been knighted?..,he should be for services to man kind and being a all-round badass. The amount of people he has helped by opening Our eyes to the un-scrupulous. ❤🙌🏾
I think I might have to add him to the fresh summary email list.... ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
I must admit the Sarah’s story has tainted my perception of coaches on instagram. It’s unfair towards genuine qualified coaches but I can’t help but feeling this way.

As for her finances I can see why people speculate, ultimately she is spending the money owed to her victim...

As for her finances I can see why people speculate, ultimately she is spending the money owed to her victim...
Exactly. And the way her life has been picked over so meticulously, so publicly will hopefully serve as warning to both victims of similar scams (who'll hopefully spot warning signs/similarities in everything that's been shared), and to future contrepreneurs. If the "life dragged out in public" aspect stops one person being ripped off, that's good in my book.

It's an added bonus that Sarah Akwisombe absolutely hates it happening to her.

Exactly this thank you. I was on SI, and so many of our little regional group have already said they'll never trust people in this space again. I'm not a coach but my business does help people (based on my 20 years experience and knowledge) so it upsets me that certain things are being called out when actually they're pretty normal. There's obviously a huge positive to calling out and bringing awareness to the majority of what she's done but let's not tarnish totally legitimate business practices too.
I think if they had paid off the mortgage she DEFINITELY would have communicated that! Another great thing go brag about I would have thought.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.