Sanity Alliance Guild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weeeerrrrlll...I used finest cashmere you know and it has been mentioned on several occasions that I should demonstrate compassion to all by wearing it...:eek:
I'm sure the act of knitting with finest cashmere has helped to elongate your fingers too! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm sure the act of knitting with finest cashmere has helped to elongate your fingers too! 🤣
Noooo...My S-T-R-E-T-C-H-F-L-E-X App (for impossibly daft elongated fingers) sees to that.👌

I’m a five phalanges a photo girl you know :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Good morning and Happy Sunday - what a joy to wake up to our shiny new thread and the glorious pic of me and M in our finery. I’m only allowed to imbibe on a Friday and Saturday night, because - and I hate to mention this to my genteel tattlers - I snore like a sailor. Hence, I woke up to the sleepless face of Mr. M-K in spite of earplugs and three pillows on top of his head. I have, however, made a very tasty breakfast of sliced rounds of ciabatta, mashed avo, chilli jam and softly poached eggs, served up by my long-fingered, delicate hands.

• Haha
Good morning!
Just going to the gym 😁 but will leave a story....

Yesterday I received a parcel from a friend in Washington DC. It was a recipe book from a tea room that we visited when I stayed with her a few years ago. So lovely!
I met Rita on line in 2012. We had both googled 'how to wear capri pants' (😂) and arrived at a style site where we bonded over many things including Maine Coon cats.
On the style site I had become friendly with the woman who ran it and was writing articles and editing/proof reading for her. I asked her for Rita's email and our friendship developed. We holidayed together in L.A. and then another year I stayed with her and her husband in DC.
I also holidayed in N.Y. with the style site woman and visited her in Singapore (she is Dutch but lived there).
Soooooo........the internet can be a great friendly place! Gotta go...gym calling....

• Heart
Hi all, moving this to quieter threads because if everytime a thread had a disagreement and then had a kinda cliquey offshoot thread that 99.9% of people weren't interested in then offtopic would be a mess.

Good morning!

Yesterday I received a parcel from a friend in Washington DC. It was a recipe book from a tea room that we visited when I stayed with her a few years ago. So lovely!
I met Rita on line in 2012. We had both googled 'how to wear capri pants' (😂) and arrived at a style site where we bonded over many things including Maine Coon cats.
On the style site I had become friendly with the woman who ran it and was writing articles and editing/proof reading for her. I asked her for Rita's email and our friendship developed. We holidayed together in L.A. and then another year I stayed with her and her husband in DC.
I also holidayed in N.Y. with the style site woman and visited her in Singapore (she is Dutch but lived there).
Soooooo........the internet can be a great friendly place! Gotta go...gym calling....
I love that post. It’s just such a heartening thing to hear. I’ve always said that the best fun you have is with like minded people who have a lot in common. 😍 I think we all qualify...

Right! Me capri pants are packed...When are we booking Umbria, The Solomon Islands (wherever they are) and Antigua? :m

Good morning and Happy Sunday - what a joy to wake up to our shiny new thread and the glorious pic of me and M in our finery. I’m only allowed to imbibe on a Friday and Saturday night, because - and I hate to mention this to my genteel tattlers - I snore like a sailor. Hence, I woke up to the sleepless face of Mr. M-K in spite of earplugs and three pillows on top of his head. I have, however, made a very tasty breakfast of sliced rounds of ciabatta, mashed avo, chilli jam and softly poached eggs, served up by my long-fingered, delicate hands.
I bonnet bow 👒👒👒 to your Bennet bonnet and Bennet bonnet bag. What a glorious vision of rapture you both pose. I always picture @Miscanthus like a very glamorous Afghan Hound - erm - with hair curlers, naturally...

Breakfast at your house needs to move to the thread of breakfast at my house because it sounds SO delicious. I had an apple and some hibiscus tea and Teddy Bear had his raw chicken and vegetables. I mixed his cod-liver oil in with my delicate hand (the other hand is more robust) and sent gratitude - entirely for apples...:rolleyes:

Snoring? Have you tried wearing your Bennet Bonnet in bed? I hear it works a treat...🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Heeeellllooooo and thank you dearly for the invite, don't I feel special. :cool::love:
I have missed you all so much, silly me let a mixture of a long lost friend visiting and just sooo sick of Lydiots face kept me from the tattlers. I must say I am loving the saggies.
I must go back though and catch up on Lydiot tattle, I feel I must have missed some bits.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Heeeellllooooo and thank you dearly for the invite, don't I feel special. :cool::love:
I have missed you all so much, silly me let a mixture of a long lost friend visiting and just sooo sick of Lydiots face kept me from the tattlers. I must say I am loving the saggies.
I must go back though and catch up on Lydiot tattle, I feel I must have missed some bits.
🚣‍♀️🚣‍♀️🚣‍♀️ She’s here! She’s here!😍

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 Drum roll as promised. @toomuchstuff is in da’ house...Did someone say Pavlova? 🍥

• Haha
  • Heart
Hi all, moving this to quieter threads because if everytime a thread had a disagreement and then had a kinda cliquey offshoot thread that 99.9% of people weren't interested in then offtopic would be a mess.
Completely understand that Quieter threads is better...I wasn't sure where to post this thread.

• Heart
Good morning!

An absolutely fantastic story - and to be honest, you should, in reality, never have met ... the power and force of connection, though - almost serendipitous - and a lifelong friendship forged. I love this.

• Heart
An absolutely fantastic story - and to be honest, you should, in reality, never have met ... the power and force of connection, though - almost serendipitous - and a lifelong friendship forged. I love this.
Isn’t the internet wonderful? Over 25 years ago I met two of my dearest friends online, one in California, one in Canada. We were email penpals. We ended up visiting each other and although my darling Karen from Canada died in her forties, my Californian girlfriend and I are still close...I’m very blessed, like Miscanthus. ❤

• Heart
Isn’t the internet wonderful? Over 25 years ago I met two of my dearest friends online, one in California, one in Canada. We were email penpals. We ended up visiting each other and although my darling Karen from Canada died in her forties, my Californian girlfriend and I are still close...I’m very blessed, like Miscanthus. ❤
Love this ❤

• Heart
So, so wonderful. ❤

• Heart
Good morning!

I love both of your stories @Miscanthus and @Geranium ... I really believe some friendships are just destined to be! ♥

• Heart
Did you all have a good weekend? I got some tomato plants (3!) in which made me happy :) It's the little things!
I'm steering myself away from watching a lot of the influencers I used to enjoy as the extravagance & materialism/consumerism is seems too much! Now they are all planning their country cottages...

• Heart
Hi all, am so excited to be here, saggy and proud! Xxx
🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 Drum roll as promised 🤗 @Geranium is in da‘house! Sagging beautifully ♥

Did you all have a good weekend? I got some tomato plants (3!) in which made me happy :) It's the little things!
I'm steering myself away from watching a lot of the influencers I used to enjoy as the extravagance & materialism/consumerism is seems too much! Now they are all planning their country cottages...
The tedium of watching them decorate teeny tiny beamed rooms awaits us...:rolleyes: My jaundiced view of this thought makes it feel like I‘m drop-cloth‘ed out somehow. I love interiors but just can’t do the over-hyped shill anymore. Do I need therapy to cure this? Is there any hope...am I doomed?🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
On the off-chance that a SAG Anthem might be useful may I submit my entry please? You may know the tune already 🤭 Are you (Helen) Reddy Sanity Alliance Guild?

We are Saggies hear us roar
We’ve all got a kitchen door
And united we have fighted for a voice
So we’ve got this lovely thread
We can put our thoughts to bed
And there isn’t any limit to our choice

Yes, we are wise
So it’s really no surprise
Yes we may find
Just a little peace of mind
We are strong...(strong)
We are invincible...(on priciple)
We‘re Saggies...

We are Saggies - watch us SAG
There is no designer bag
That we need to drag behind us as a prop
After all that’s said and done
We’re just here to have some fun
And we need to simply do this ‘til we drop

Yes, we are free
Having found our sanity
Yes - we’re on the bus
And there’s so much to discuss
We strong...(strong)
We are invincible...(on principle)
We‘re Saggies...

We are Saggies - we are sane
And there’s no need to explain
That this Guild that we have shilled
Won’t let us down
No I - I - and no Me - Me
It’s just us - lets all agree
To take our shiny new bus on the town

Yes we are sane

And we’re keeping in our lane
Yes we confess
There’s no further need for stress
We are strong...(strong)
We are invincible...(on principle)
We are Saggies...
I absolutely love the Anthem you have penned for us @Oops... however, I have something I must confess.

Erm ... how do I say this ... okay ... ahem .. I don’t actually have a kitchen door! 🤫

I realise just how scandalous this, but you see, my beloved home is a very modern and spacious two storey build in the burbs and downstairs is all open plan living, so I only have doors on the powder room, laundry room, butlers pantry, and the cupboard under the stairs.

Upstairs is a different matter because that’s where all the bedrooms and bathrooms are - I would like to assure you that I do indeed have doors on all of the bathrooms including my master ensuite.

And don’t fret, my back door is not even a tiny bit visible from my front door, so there is no bad chi whooshing anywhere!

I hope this lack of kitchen door situation doesn’t void my precious SAG Membership. 😘

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.