Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

d0llhouse

I'll always remember their first boyfriend tag. They said Jason was in the property industry and was on a business trip when they'd met in Ibiza. I remember being impressed that Sammi had found a man with his own independent, successful career, who wouldn't be interested in riding her coattails like Ricky had. I swear, we were all HOODWINKED.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
She constantly sounds overwhelmed and depressedView attachment 1870867
Have to preface this by saying I am not a mum so my opinion is just as an outside observer with no direct experience to draw on - but Sam has been talking like this about her daughter literally from birth. And she’ll be turning 7 this year!

I know from friends and family that usually there are certain ages that parents enjoy more than others, so the baby stage might be tougher but once they’re little kids it becomes easier, or sometimes vice versa. But - as I’ve said on here before - Sam has never voiced a positive or happy perspective on parenthood ever in all these years and I can’t lie it’s kinda sad.

She’s said in the past she wants to counteract the overly positive ‘motherhood is the best thing ever in the world’ narrative that women usually get, which okay fair enough. But it’s been a non stop stream of negativity from her for over 6 years now. It could be me missing things tbf, but she never shares any nice things about her daughter. It’s either vague stuff like ‘oh we went to the sea side’ or ‘took this one to xyz place’. But she’s much more specific with the negativity.

I know not all mothers fawn over their kids or feel like they’re the absolute best thing that ever happened to them. That’s reality. And Indie looks happy, healthy and well cared for. Sam is obviously a competent mum. But I always assumed once her daughter was kid aged she would start to enjoy things more. But it still comes across like motherhood for her is like pulling teeth.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

sixback

He posts her & she posts this lol Run dude, she ashamed of you.
Have you noticed that when she's single she eats veggie/vegan and super healthy but then when she is with a guy she goes back to eating meat and stuff? It's fair enough if that is what she wants to eat, but it does feel like cool-girl syndrome, like she feels like she needs to eat meat and stay thin and be cool and easy going etc.

• Sick
Reactions: 25

Blueblue123

VIP Member
So he knows how to fill out a job application and actually use his skills. Only took him losing his sugar mama to figure that out.

• Haha

kale-supremacist

VIP Member
I mean she really is in a tricky situation. No doubt that she loves her daughter. But here she is, a woman who wasn't sure she wanted kids, unexpectedly getting pregnant, and now a single mom. She's always been quite a lonely girl, no big support system around her, falling out with her sister, etc. Now even her career, the onlu thing she didn't really have to care about, is tanking. It must be very mentally taxing.

NParker

Chatty Member
I totally agree with above. I honestly think she's just thick. Not trying to be offensive but completely air headed, which is fine but she pretends to be complex/spiritual/deep which she's simply not. 😆
Yep. She's not very clever. She fell into social media through just being 'pretty' on MySpace. Tried modelling, didn't work. Tried fashion, didn't work. Make-up - nope. Then blogging was a success and through that she stumbled into vlogging and was able to utilise her poor skills to make content.

She could have done SO MUCH!!! Imagine, it's now 2021 and she's alone in an apartment making Tik Toks. Ok, fair enough for most people, but when she had tens of thousands of subscribers, and could've made millions?

She should never have got with Jason either, he was a pompous lazy gnome who dragged her down, but she didn't care at the time that he was ruining her image. Image is everything when your job is being an 'influencer'. HOW could she not see that? She'll be needing a regular job in the next 5 years.

Iwantyoutoknow22

Chatty Member
Sorry maybe I’m not being fair here, but if she ever brought up her child to say something kind or loving I would faint with shock lmao. Why can’t it be ‘oh she’s got a surprise day off school so we get to have a fun day together!’

The kid is in full time education and you work from home in a job that I refuse to believe takes more than a couple of hours a day at most, how is this such a big imposition on you lmao.
the way she’s written ‘polling day’… democracy is important you moron

Reactions: 24

PowderGirl

B296EA79-8D70-4059-A74D-D227DBF3DF19.png

How she thinks that anyone cares about what she’s saying with this filter on is baffling. It’s probably better for her to fade into oblivion

• Haha

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
I definitely think Jason was the driving force, but ultimately she did agree to it. And if I remember so correctly, she didn’t fall pregnant unexpectedly - they actively tried for a baby.

And Jason was already useless at this stage too, so I think she perhaps naively thought having this baby would kick him into gear a bit. I have an old friend who thought the same thing about her boyfriend. And obviously we all know how things turned out with Jason.

I’ll never forget that awful self indulgent video he made about how depressed having a baby made him and how he didn’t love her for the first four months of her life. And then ofcourse not too long after that Sam wrote that blog post about how ‘the good doesn’t outweigh the bad’ in having a child.

I remember finding it a bit odd when they put their daughter in full time nursery when she was still a baby, seeing as there were two of them based at home. Obviously we now know Sam was doing everything alone while Jason played video games and sat around.

I feel for her because she’s a nice girl clearly doing her best, and you can’t help how you feel. But I’ve never liked the way she talks about her child online tbh. Especially because there’s never any balance. And at the end of the day she makes decent money and has such a flexible schedule, she has the time and money to find resources and make mum friends. But as someone else noted, she’s obsessed with being the cool unconventional mum.

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Both narratives are true from my memory of that time. She actively went off birth control and they were trying for a baby, but she also did drink at coachella and did panic about keeping the baby. So she was probably only passively on board with things.

I do think Jason was the one who really wanted the child, because his life was empty and he wanted them to emulate the Michalaks who he was obsessed with at the time. But Sam had expressed interest in having kids, as demonstrated in the video linked further up in this thread where she talks about how her kids would be her friends.

The whole thing was deffo messy, but it can’t be written off imo as Sam being forced to have a child against her will. I deffo agree she would’ve been better off waiting until her 30s and definitely not having a kid with Jason who turned out to be beyond useless.

Last edited:

Laura_jy

She has said that it was very hard for her to make friends and felt rejected by her peers. Meeting people makes her anxious. Maybe her older friends perpetuated that feeling of feeling "awkward" and "different", or "weird". The more I analyze, the more I think she is a sweet woman that just needs a little help... from a therapist. Nothing that, at least, 6 months of therapy can do 😅🤣
Has anyone noticed how many influences say they struggle with friendships? They say it’s because they are introverts (which I am too) but introverted doesn’t mean you don’t have friendships or relationships. I’m starting to think it’s something about them and wanting to be centre stage and that’s why they go on YouTube. Yea there are comments but it’s not real dialogue with others no matter what they think. They literally have a platform to speak, uninterrupted. They don’t need to be empathic, listen to others, adapt themselves, consider others needs, read body language, tone or expressions. I’m starting to see a trend! Lydia milen is the same.

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
I had a strong suspicion all this fall out & tension was all related to BLM (Danni, her marriage etc. Personally I believe Danni & Jason’s views would’ve more similar than some would like to accept/believe). I feel for Sam actually. She must have felt very alone, she is the only black person in her circle in the respect. Sam can be quite a weak malleable person (she already has issues around her identity) & I can imagine them telling her what to think when in fact her life experiences probably demonstrated differently.

Hasanah123

VIP Member
ooh I need to sit and watch this. I wonder if Jason is not pulling his weight? I’m curious if she means single mother in the sense of being a mother who is single or if she’s basically raising Indie on her own (which tbh was the case even when she was still married).
He wasnt pulling his weight when they were together why would he now

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Catcleo

4 years and this thread finally needs a new one made. Shows how lowkey she is now and how much her popularity has dropped. There aren't even thread title suggestions lol

• Haha
I agree that she needs to stop the whole baddie thing. I am 28 and have always followed her since I was young. I feel like at some point she stopped feeling older than me ans more like someone in their early 20s. The tiktoks are so cringe. I wish she would focus more on lifestyle/realistic style on tiktok rather then the weird stuff she does now? Idk what to even call it. Her staring at the camera mouthing lyrics to songs??

PocketRLocket

She seems more articulate and self aware in her new video. It's interesting that she says that the transition to being a single mum wasn't very big for her, and that she was prepared for it. Without saying anything directly, she's basically confirming that Jason was pretty absent in their relationship/his parental duties.

Talking about sexuality, she says she's been "experimenting" recently and that made her sure she's bisexual. But then she goes on to say she's never been on a date with a girl before. Kind of confused about what that means by experimenting. Maybe she just used the wrong word there.

Lemonz

VIP Member
Agree with everything you said and the exact reason why I didn’t click on it myself.

I can’t tell if the people giving this vague advice are being genuinely or purposely watering things down so that they can tick the box but add zero real value to the audience.

The internet is amazing (I didn’t grow up with it) but I do wonder if sometimes it does more harm than good sometimes. (Well, there’s no wondering about it, we all the internet causes plenty of harm for many many reasons.)

But as you say, in this case does it stopping some people from digging any deeper and getting help they need? And that probably goes for SM too. There’s a difference between talking and talking with a professional. If shooting the breeze with a mate made a proper difference for everyone then most of us would be “ok” wouldn’t we?
Thank you for such a thoughtful reply, I was really worried it would be taken the wrong way.
And agree, there's so much about 'speak to your mates' 'set boundaries' 'self-care' which are all good valuable things when you're feeling a bit low but actual anxiety and depression needs medical attention.
Also those things seem to turn into
'Speak to your mates' = disregard the fact that caring fatigue is real and expect them to put up with all sorts of shit
'Set boundaries' = never do anything you dont want to even if they are life essentials and you're just making it easier for yourself to neber push to get professional help and get better
'Self-care' = spend loads of money on shit but not access medical support
Way too often :( people are being let down by the social media narrative

• Heart

nfw95

Who is this woman trying to be lol!
It's honestly so cringey and I refuse to believe this is the real and authentic Sammi which has always been hiding behind a dominant relationship. It just screams crisis - She is sure to look back at this in the future with shame...

wrose587

These replies are so refreshing and I agree with all prev. Mental health being reduced to hashtags and soundbites by influencers/celebs is more harmful than helpful I think. Awareness is great and has def improved but you wouldn't be promoting "its ok not to be ok" about cystic fibrosis, or copd or Parkinson's and true anxiety and depression is as much a medical diagnosis as any physical condition. I feel it also gives the subconscious impression that its something we really do have control over (just practice self care, do some skincare, say no to going out etc) when people need real medical and psychological support.

• Heart