Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
I flit in and out of watching Sammi but I'm watching her Q&A video and appreciated what she said about her daughter not being for consumption (in response to people asking her why she wasn't posting stuff with Indie). I think we are so used to influencers essentially using their children for content and even to make money, that when someone doesn't showcase their child online people think something is wrong. e.g. here people were assuming that because she wasn't posting pictures with Indie it meant that Jason had her most of the time.

We need way more influencers to speak out about putting children's lives online (who cannot consent). There's some really weird dynamics out there and I think we are gonna see a lot of influencer's kids speaking out when they are older about having all their awkward childhood years distributed to strangers online.

Reactions: 32

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I might have this a bit wrong but in a video about indie, didn't Jason say he didn't like indie for the first few months of her life?
He said he didn't feel any connection or love for her in the first few months of her life (58 seconds), which is worse to me.

If he didn't like her, that would be based on her personality which can change and develop - but she was too young to even have one. And a parent's love is supposed to be unconditional.

Here's the video, Indie was 4 months old:

Them getting pregnant was completely the wrong timing.

It seemed to happen around the time the honeymoon phase was ending.

Jason was no longer cooking for Sammi or making grand gestures. He quit his job and was trying to piggyback off of Sammi's online career under the guise of being her business partner.

Sammi didn't want to get pregnant but Jason wanted him to have his "seed". Only for him to feel nothing for the baby when it arrived and leave her to it.

Sammi was left to raise Indie even when Jason was home (which was all the time) and he still wasn't cooking which would have been the bare minimum and taken a load off Sammi.

They also both had their own forms of depression.

There was a lot going on and it was a recipe for disaster, for all three of them.

A part of me commends them for recognising and being honest about it. Parenthood isn't easy. But a lot of it was self inflicted too. On the older gossip sites, we were all saying the circumstances weren't right. But it's easier to see things as an outsider sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: 31

sfts

Bit random but I just love how Sammi dresses Indie, she always looks so cute but child appropriate unlike some other influencers who try to dress their kids in beige/mini-me outfits

NParker

Chatty Member
They had a very public friendship for many years. A public declaration of support in these circumstances is the appropriate response.
They haven't been friends for years and years, and seem only cordial if that.

Besides all this, Grace is in a coma, how on earth is it helping her for Sam or anyone in fact to post some inane statement with prayer hand emojis on Instagram and Twitter? Supporting her family in private, or being there for Grace when she comes around is far more genuine. It's ridiculously superficial to expect people to make these fake public announcements just for strangers to see.

Anyway, I'll agree to disagree as we're going round in circles.

• Heart

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Sorry maybe I’m not being fair here, but if she ever brought up her child to say something kind or loving I would faint with shock lmao. Why can’t it be ‘oh she’s got a surprise day off school so we get to have a fun day together!’

The kid is in full time education and you work from home in a job that I refuse to believe takes more than a couple of hours a day at most, how is this such a big imposition on you lmao.

Attachments

• Heart

consumerism makes u free

I hate when Youtubers (in general) who are parents post content like this. She's the parent of a young child. She doesn't just get to decide that content like this won't negatively impact her daughter in any way. (Newsflash Sammi: It will impact your child, whether you choose to ignore it or not).

I know it's not cOoL or sPirItuAl to say, but there have to be boundaries when you're a parent. There's a huge difference between having (private!) healthy discussions about sex with friends and family vs. straight up selling dildos and talking about orgasms online.

View attachment 2685868
Cuz omg when the kids at school and their parents find out that her mom shilled sex toys or talked about sex as a small part of her influencing career it's gonna be absolutely tragic. Give me a break. It's not about being cool or spiritual, it's about not being oppressively backwards and dark ages in a way that is uniquely horrid to women. Shaming women with children for being public about sexuality is just another way to perpetuate that same shittiness. It's no different than people flipping their judgy moralistic antiquated lids about women who pose nude before or while they have kids cuz omg junior is gonna be so corrupted when he sees what a whore is his mom was and his schoolmates are gonna destroy him.

It's not a woman or a parent's job to repress herself to accommodate other people's bullshit over trifling matters. She's talking about sex and masturbation for God's sake, she's not up there promoting hate and violence... you know, actual shit you should be concerned with instead of a woman enjoying her body. If you attach some kind of shame to shilling sex toys and talking about sex openly or you think a parent shouldn't do that because omg the stigma and blah blah what will other people say, that's you perpetuating a larger societal problem and I wonder why you'd want to do that. Somehow I think Indie is gonna be okay and some kid giving her grief cuz her mom talked about vagina stuff online is gonna be the least of her problems.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Well Jason, a lot of us don't understand how someone can go years choosing not to work and rely on their partners income instead but hey 🤷🏾‍♀️

I feel like he's said something negative about people on social media before. It's odd, it's one thing not to want to do it but respect from a distance and another to moan about it. Then again, when isn't he moaning?

Makes you wonder how he managed to have total respect for Sammi if he has such disdain for her "need" to be on social media, especially in the vapid way that she is.

Reactions: 28

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
He posts her & she posts this lol Run dude, she ashamed of you.
I think she's just trying to keep her personal life private, which is smart. At least until they're in a serious/ committed relationship. Whereas he's not a public person so I'm sure he doesn't feel the pressure of having his personal life on show.

Reactions: 28

xtibbersx

When she posts on her insta story about capitalism being bad but she’s one of the worsts for it 😂 always buying hundreds of needless clothes and items, advertising gifted items etc 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Ebazza

I think it's just a PR gift. The company Amarante London have sent these to other influencers. Also, I just realised I followed her BF on my burner account 🤭 and he looks like he's not doing anything on his stories, but obviously I could be wrong. I wonder if they're even still together?
She confirmed the other week in a Q&A on her stories she’s no longer dating anyone.

I followed him also out of curiosity – he followed me back (when they were dating) and slid right into my DM’s. Glad she’s not seeing him anymore.

• Wow
  • Haha

Pinkgrind

Chatty Member
She’s defo upgraded… love to see it 😂😂😂

got a feeling he’s going to be good looking too, I can see he has muscles lol

and her body language doesn’t look miserable like when she was with Jason she seems pretty outgoing and she deserves that. Hope she starts having lots of fun, she deserves that

wrose587

I totally agree with above. I honestly think she's just thick. Not trying to be offensive but completely air headed, which is fine but she pretends to be complex/spiritual/deep which she's simply not. 😆

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Just watching her latest vlog and I gotta say it’s really nice to hear her talking about her girlfriends and how she wants to do one of her ‘girl talk’ videos with them. I’ve always remembered her mentioning how a lack of female friendships in her life were a big insecurity of hers.

Ofcourse if you watch someone for 10 plus years they’re gonna say and do things that irritate you, Sam is no exception. But she’s never come across as a full blown attention seeking narcissist the way a lot of influencers do. Just a decent normal girl/woman with some self esteem problems. She’s clearly attempted to do a lot of internal work in the last few years so good on her.

That being said, I can’t believe she’s continuing to get cheekbone filler touch ups. I’ll never understand why someone with naturally full youthful cheeks would get more filler in that area? Surely filler makes sense for sunken areas of the face or uneven areas? I can’t get my head around the logic here. She really let that nonsensical golden ration stuff mess with her head (literally).

• Heart

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I think Jason wanted to be like the Michalaks. He envisioned this happy family vlogger family.

• Sick
Reactions: 26

Galit91

I'm starting to think that Sammi had some sort of fucked up childhood, where she was very alone. And her sister was the Golden Child and she was the Scapegoat. Plus, all the discrimination she suffered outside the house. The fact that she is a influencer already makes me think she searches for love and support outside her home, or her inner circle because maybe she didn't receive it there. She goes from relationship to relationship, almost no time single. Her mom definitely didn't teach her to embrace and her black features/heritage. She has said that it was very hard for her to make friends and felt rejected by her peers. Meeting people makes her anxious. Maybe her older friends perpetuated that feeling of feeling "awkward" and "different", or "weird". The more I analyze, the more I think she is a sweet woman that just needs a little help... from a therapist. Nothing that, at least, 6 months of therapy can do 😅🤣

• Sad

d0llhouse

TikToks like that look cute. Until you remember that it's just her...alone...in her bedroom...recording the same moves multiple times...and pretending to have the time of her life.

But I'm probs just too old for TikTok 😊

• Haha

Rosie2019

He's cute. Get it girl. Although I do have to role my eyes at another girl saying she is bi or interested in experimenting but ends up with a very hetronormative looking guy.

• Heart
  • Haha

HotGirl101

Lol at jason yesterday saying he despises social media and asking what keeps people on it. Oh hun for you we know its the teeny boppers wannabe models. What's the matter have they started to annoy ya?

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Adding to that: he’s also the guy that posted a racist and misogynistic meme about how his wife (Sammi at the time) wore a wig and it was disappointing to roll over in the middle of the night and see her bald head.

Good riddance.
---

Ah…I see this garden gnome of a man has decided to cosplay as a c-list 90s rapper for his dating profile…how apt.
Same guy who captioned a photo of Sammi with "my n*gaaaaa" when they first started dating.

• Wow
  • Sick