Sammi Maria #2 Finally single, wannabe spiritual...still painfully delusional.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was just a blow dry lol didn't see any straighteners.. If it was being chemically straightened then I'd be concerned at a young age

Reactions: 17
Lol, are you joking?

She took her for a blow dry and trim, in what world is that extreme
100% agree. It’s not like she had it permanently straightened. Plus, maybe Indie wanted a blow dry for a change? She’s not a tiny baby anymore. There’s worse things than a blow dry.

Reactions: 8
100% agree. It’s not like she had it permanently straightened. Plus, maybe Indie wanted a blow dry for a change? She’s not a tiny baby anymore. There’s worse things than a blow dry.
My hairdresser blowdrys my hair, before doing the final adjustments to my cut. I might have similar hair structure to Indie‘s, wavy and fine. Might have been just for the hairdresser managing a more precise cut?

Reactions: 10
I think it was just a cut and blow dry. My niece is a similar age and likes to have her hair done and nails painted when her mum does.

My hairdresser blowdrys my hair, before doing the final adjustments to my cut. I might have similar hair structure to Indie‘s, wavy and fine. Might have been just for the hairdresser managing a more precise cut?
I was thinking the same, but wasn’t sure as I don’t know much about curly hair. My hairdresser always blow-dries my hair thoroughly and then ALWAYS trims here and there for final adjustments.

Reactions: 5
Indie doesn't have curly hair in my opinion, more wavy than anything. This is just going off the last vlog I watched like 6 months ago tho so I don't know if her curls developed. But a simple blowdry isn't going to harm her wavy hair.

She constantly sounds overwhelmed and depressedView attachment 1870867
Have to preface this by saying I am not a mum so my opinion is just as an outside observer with no direct experience to draw on - but Sam has been talking like this about her daughter literally from birth. And she’ll be turning 7 this year!

I know from friends and family that usually there are certain ages that parents enjoy more than others, so the baby stage might be tougher but once they’re little kids it becomes easier, or sometimes vice versa. But - as I’ve said on here before - Sam has never voiced a positive or happy perspective on parenthood ever in all these years and I can’t lie it’s kinda sad.

She’s said in the past she wants to counteract the overly positive ‘motherhood is the best thing ever in the world’ narrative that women usually get, which okay fair enough. But it’s been a non stop stream of negativity from her for over 6 years now. It could be me missing things tbf, but she never shares any nice things about her daughter. It’s either vague stuff like ‘oh we went to the sea side’ or ‘took this one to xyz place’. But she’s much more specific with the negativity.

I know not all mothers fawn over their kids or feel like they’re the absolute best thing that ever happened to them. That’s reality. And Indie looks happy, healthy and well cared for. Sam is obviously a competent mum. But I always assumed once her daughter was kid aged she would start to enjoy things more. But it still comes across like motherhood for her is like pulling teeth.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I mean she really is in a tricky situation. No doubt that she loves her daughter. But here she is, a woman who wasn't sure she wanted kids, unexpectedly getting pregnant, and now a single mom. She's always been quite a lonely girl, no big support system around her, falling out with her sister, etc. Now even her career, the onlu thing she didn't really have to care about, is tanking. It must be very mentally taxing.

Reactions: 25
I was about to comment on how parenting toddlers is hard - I had no idea Indie was almost 7!

Seriously, I hope she has lots of support from her family. Does she live relatively close to her sister and parents? I wonder what her custody agreement is with Jason? Some local mum friends she can arrange alternate playdates with can also be helpful - I feel like she underestimated the value of that while trying to avoid becoming a 'stereotypical mum'.

While she's fortunate that her job affords her lots of flexibility, the lack of routine and social interaction isn't great for mental health and will make parenting alone feel like even more of a slog.

Reactions: 11
To be fair to Sammi I think I’d find her situation very difficult. I don’t want kids, and never have. If Sammi did indeed have a baby because that’s what her ex wanted, then I imagine the failure of that relationship was hard, especially when you made such a life changing decision for that relationship. I’m not sure I could deal with that either. Indie seems like a really lovely, polite girl and I’m sure Sammi loves being her mum, but I do think the fact that it all happened so quickly has impacted her outlook on motherhood.

Reactions: 19
I definitely think Jason was the driving force, but ultimately she did agree to it. And if I remember so correctly, she didn’t fall pregnant unexpectedly - they actively tried for a baby.

And Jason was already useless at this stage too, so I think she perhaps naively thought having this baby would kick him into gear a bit. I have an old friend who thought the same thing about her boyfriend. And obviously we all know how things turned out with Jason.

I’ll never forget that awful self indulgent video he made about how depressed having a baby made him and how he didn’t love her for the first four months of her life. And then ofcourse not too long after that Sam wrote that blog post about how ‘the good doesn’t outweigh the bad’ in having a child.

I remember finding it a bit odd when they put their daughter in full time nursery when she was still a baby, seeing as there were two of them based at home. Obviously we now know Sam was doing everything alone while Jason played video games and sat around.

I feel for her because she’s a nice girl clearly doing her best, and you can’t help how you feel. But I’ve never liked the way she talks about her child online tbh. Especially because there’s never any balance. And at the end of the day she makes decent money and has such a flexible schedule, she has the time and money to find resources and make mum friends. But as someone else noted, she’s obsessed with being the cool unconventional mum.

Reactions: 24
I definitely think Jason was the driving force, but ultimately she did agree to it. And if I remember so correctly, she didn’t fall pregnant unexpectedly - they actively tried for a baby.
THIS 100% - let's nix this narrative that she was somehow coerced into becoming a mother. Already posted upthread that she always wanted 3 kids and couldn't wait for them to become her little friends. She was just naive and believed the social media highlight reels of 'mom life' and dramatically underestimated how physically and emotionally demanding it would be (and likely didn't even consider the possibility that she may end up doing it alone).

THIS 100% - let's nix this narrative that she was somehow coerced into becoming a mother. Already posted upthread that she always wanted 3 kids and couldn't wait for them to become her little friends.
I'm sincerely not trying to create a narrative. really remember that she got pregnant by "mistake"; sorry if that's wrong. I thought she went to Coachella, partied (AND DRANK) and came back to a positive test. She also had a meltdown and wasn't sure if she wanted to keep the child ??? Am I losing my mind, someone tells me if I'm mistaking her with another influencer.

Reactions: 13
Does she hate being a mom
was meant to post this earlier but was getting an error message:

I think she loves Indie but despises being a mum. She got pregnant sooner than she wanted to (did she ever express a desire to be a mum?) with a man she divorced not too long after.

I imagine she dreams of what her life would be like if she wasn't a parent. And even though she's nearing the age where she'd be medically seen as a geriatric mother, she's still quite young so I bet a part of her wishes she could have put motherhood off. Also, I imagine she stayed with Jason longer than she would have if there wasn't a child involved.

There's something about motherhood that she clearly struggles with.

I'm sincerely not trying to create a narrative. really remember that she got pregnant by "mistake"; sorry if that's wrong. I thought she went to Coachella, partied (AND DRANK) and came back to a positive test. She also had a meltdown and wasn't sure if she wanted to keep the child ??? Am I losing my mind, someone tells me if I'm mistaking her with another influencer.
She definitely said that. And there was the whole conversation about Jason wanting her to "take his seed" and her seeming cringed out about it.

I do also remember her wanting kids so she'd have friends (which in and of itself can be a questionable mindset) but that doesn't take away the fact that Jason might have sold her dreams and pushed her before she was ready.

Like I said, by today's standards she could have waited until her current age to become a mother and it would have been okay. At least then she would be able to do the dressing up and drinking she seems to currently enjoy and she wouldn't be forever tied to a no good ex husband.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some resentment about Jason encouraging them to try and him not being the man he presented himself as. I can imagine that adding to her struggles with motherhood along with everything else.

Both narratives are true from my memory of that time. She actively went off birth control and they were trying for a baby, but she also did drink at coachella and did panic about keeping the baby. So she was probably only passively on board with things.

I do think Jason was the one who really wanted the child, because his life was empty and he wanted them to emulate the Michalaks who he was obsessed with at the time. But Sam had expressed interest in having kids, as demonstrated in the video linked further up in this thread where she talks about how her kids would be her friends.

The whole thing was deffo messy, but it can’t be written off imo as Sam being forced to have a child against her will. I deffo agree she would’ve been better off waiting until her 30s and definitely not having a kid with Jason who turned out to be beyond useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Both narratives are true from my memory of that time. She actively went off birth control and they were trying for a baby, but she also did drink at coachella and did panic about keeping the baby. So she was probably only passively on board with things.

I do think Jason was the one who really wanted the child, because his life was empty and he wanted them to emulate the Michalaks who he was obsessed with at the time. But Sam had expressed interest in having kids, as demonstrated in the video linked further up in this thread where she talks about how her kids would be her friends.

The whole thing was deffo messy, but it can’t be written off imo as Sam being forced to have a child against her will. I deffo agree she would’ve been better off waiting until her 30s and definitely not having a kid with Jason who turned out to be beyond useless.
Yeah, I see it more as a wrong time, wrong person situation rather than her being fully coerced into motherhood.

The fact that she weighed up terminating the pregnancy supports those ideas in my opinion.

She had room to think about whether she wanted to carry on with the pregnancy (and say so publicly on YouTube) so she wasn't completely forced, but also the idea coming to her mind shows she was unsure.

I think she’s quite easily lead and I’m sure Jason was probably the driving force behind the decision. I always thought she seemed a bit blasé about motherhood, and motherhood is definitely not one of those things you can be blasé about.

Reactions: 14
If she no longer has her jewellery line what is she doing for money? It seemed her running that business took up most of her time, and with just her bimonthly YouTube uploads and Insta posts that are rarely ads, I don’t understand how she’s able to pay her rent?!

Reactions: 9
If she no longer has her jewellery line what is she doing for money? It seemed her running that business took up most of her time, and with just her bimonthly YouTube uploads and Insta posts that are rarely ads, I don’t understand how she’s able to pay her rent?!
Maybe she has a part-time job?

Reactions: 1