Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks. Can see he's involved with someone there. Women who go with people publicly outed as abusive puzzle me.

Sure its not expected he'll never have a relationship again but I always wonder whats in the mind of those women...
Yeah I’ve been keeping up w/ him. He looks a lot older because he has cancer. He’s been having a battle for a while now. He’s with someone and they’ve been together for about a year. He travels to see her. He’s really changed from when he was with Sammie. He treats his girl like a queen. She always looks really happy when she’s with him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
So like she posted a video from Angela Davis this on her Insta Stories and I am so confused on why. I highly doubt she is a communist, I don't even think she even understands what the words means. Like she just randomly post things without any context, it's so confusing.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
  1. She has abandoned 2 dogs. First, she gave up her dog Riley after Indie was born. Clearly couldn't handle 2 dogs + a human baby. Made some excuse about how the two dogs (who had been living together just fine for a while) suddenly became aggressive and couldn't cohabit together. Shortly thereafter they bought Odin from a breeder (which she went on to promote publicly) because they wanted a designer puppy with 'rare coloring'. Buying overbred dogs is completely unethical in itself, but in Sammi's case it was even worse considering they had given up Riley specifically for the reason that Franklin wasn't fit to live with other dogs. Why would it be better with Odin? As expected, she didn't bother training Odin or even walking him. Only 6 months later she gave him up and, for a while, tried to get away with not telling her audience, hoping if she ignored his absence people just wouldn't notice. She deleted all comments asking about him, but the refuge who rescued him posted pictures on Facebook so she was exposed. She basically treats her animals like she does her handbags -- she gets that initial dopamine rush from purchasing something new, but then that feeling dissipates almost instantly and they become disposable.
  2. She let her (ex)husband take advantage of her audience. Jason set up a gofundme for himself asking for £30,000 and Sammi promoted it, asked her audience to donate money to him, encouraged him to pursue this venture. Supposedly he wanted the money so he could make a documentary, but sure enough the doco's never seen the light of day. Not the first or only time she was complicit to Jason's dodgy behavior. Whenever he made offensive comments or did problematic things she would complain about people not understanding, haters, cancel culture, or whatever, and actually be very condescending to her viewers.
  3. Even just focusing solely on her 'work' and putting her private life aside (even though in her case her work life and private life are intrinsically connected so the latter is still a very relevant topic in my opinion) -- her content is vapid, empty, irregular, and repetitive. She hasn't progressed at all in all the time she's been on Youtube, in fact she's been declining for years (in terms of views, relevance, engagement, creativity -- everything). She has nothing of substance to talk about or share. It's been the same lookbooks and mental health vlogs (the whole "I'm lost", "I feel stuck on youtube", "I don't know what to do with my life" spiel on repeat) for years. She has no drive, no work ethic, no passion for what she does. She's the least eloquent person I've probably ever seen on Youtube. She can't form coherent sentences so it's pretty astounding to me that she speaks on camera for a living. She also never keeps up with any of her projects or ideas. She never sees anything through.
  4. I don't think she's a very good example for someone who has hundreds of thousands of young women following her. She clearly has major confidence issues that transpire through her social media presence. I'm not even going to go into the issues she's had dealing with her identity and race because that's a whole other topic -- so putting that aside, she's obsessed with cosmetic surgery and procedures to an unhealthy degree, and literally can't seem to be able to post a picture of herself without putting a filter on it or editing the tit out of it. She has ruined her face/body over the years to the point that she doesn't even look like herself anymore. In that respect she's posted some very questionable videos talking about the 'golden ratio' (the 'perfect' face) and some other tit, which is very problematic in my opinion.
These are the first things that come to my mind right now. I could probably go on but can't be bothered to be honest. If you're such a 'fan' I'm not sure why you are here. As glad as I am that she finally left this scumbag husband of hers, I don't really see much of a deep change in her. Everything is extremely superficial and surface-level. It honestly doesn't seem like she takes her job seriously at all or has much respect for her viewers (without whom she would be nowhere and would not have the life she does now).
THIS🙏🙏
1-How many times has she started vlogmas/vlogtober and did not finish it? Literally, every single time. She uses her mental health issues to justify her lack of content. She had the same pattern for years. At first, I thought that Jason is weighing down on her and all of their responsibilities are on her shoulder. Nevertheless, nothing improved since their breakup. She is just lazy.
2-On Instagram, she claims that she just shoots a video but that video doesn't come to fruition for a whole month... Therefore, her insta stories titled as 'working'..'a new project'' are bs.
3-She gets gifted so much product and never reviews them . Her makeup videos didn't evolved. Her styling videos are filled with ill fitting clothes, she repeatedly buys same jumpers and silk dresses.
4-She is incoherent and should stay with vlogging lane.Her recent video titled as 'spirituality' will be a testament as to why...

Sorry english is not my first language. Palmer explained in such an eloquent way. I agree with everything said

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Yeah I’ve been keeping up w/ him. He looks a lot older because he has cancer. He’s been having a battle for a while now. He’s with someone and they’ve been together for about a year. He travels to see her. He’s really changed from when he was with Sammie. He treats his girl like a queen. She always looks really happy when she’s with him.
oh duck I had no idea, I was the one that said he looked old! Totally shows I should have kept my mouth shut!

Reactions: 9
My blood just froze - this is heartbreaking

Reactions: 7
Her face looks like an overfilled balloon and her lips the knotted bit. Over done it with the procedures.

• Haha
Yep, I think it's natural for parents to feel this way sometimes but Sam has posted lots of comments like this before and generally comes across as if she feels Indi is an inconvenience
Totally agree with this!
Literally remember saying to my friend about a year ago that Sammi just doesn’t seem to actually “love” Indi. I know that’s harsh but when every post that involves her daughter is either a paid post or a post about how much Indi has taught Sammi about herself, all centered around herself and how much SHE’S learnt and not about Indi at all.
Her being “real” about being a mother and talking about how difficult it is, yeah we get it, but I can’t think of a single time she’s sounded like she genuinely enjoys being Indi’s mom. Also it seems like Sammi never has Indi anymore and that she’s always with Jason.
These past few months I feel like Sammi has shown her true colours and she’s really turned into someone I don’t like at all.

Reactions: 15
These past few months I feel like Sammi has shown her true colours and she’s really turned into someone I don’t like at all.
I think you've put this really well. When Sam broke up with Jason I was so hopeful to see her grow into her freedom and excited to see who she would become independently. Turns out she's a vapid and materialistic, with no true desire to grow or mature other than on a surface, instagrammable level.

Fair enough. I can't be mad at her for not being the person I was hoping she'd be! I have nothing to do with her life. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 20
I don't know about Sammie man. I caved and watch her videos again and I'm back at "Why did I do that to myself?"🤣 Why did I wasted my time like that. I have this great hope for her to just wake up and live her true self and become a better version of herself, but I'm starting to think that she doesn't really have a good support system and that's why she hasn't been able to progress as much as she is expected to. She always gave me the impression of "if I had this, maybe this will be better..." with her videos and the glimpses of her life. I just think that she has a whole bag of emotional issues that she has put aside for her own sake and the sake of others. Also, growing up in a predominant white spaces can trigger inumerous traumas for mixed/ black people. I cannot imagine her mom being able to comfort her, or her sister. I'm also starting to think that maybe Jason wasn't as bad as I thought he was 🤔 Dealing with his depression, helping his partner with her depression and raise a child sounds very overwhelming. The same for Sammie. It just seems like homegirl has a lot on her plate and she just can focus. WHERE THE THERAPIST AT?

I was really rooting for Sammi to come into her own after finally splitting with Jason too. I don't know what exactly we were all hoping for but this isn't it...

Reactions: 22
Re: the asshole with cancer. Id rather save my sympathies for someone who doesn't have a history of beating women and seeing himself as the victim when publicly called out for it.

Taking this further. Ricky walked away reasonably unscathed. Sam, well... we know what happened. Walked into another abusive relationship and the rest is history. I don't like her much lately but I won't shed a tear for the guy who helped duck her mind up and had a hand in keeping her on a crappy path of accepting abysmal treatment from her partners.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Re: the asshole with cancer. Id rather save my sympathies for someone who doesn't have a history of beating women and seeing himself as the victim when publicly called out for it.

Taking this further. Ricky walked away reasonably unscathed. Sam, well... we know what happened. Walked into another abusive relationship and the rest is history. I don't like her much lately but I won't shed a tear for the guy who helped duck her mind up and had a hand in keeping her on a crappy path of accepting abysmal treatment from her partners.
Was waiting for someone to say this...thank you!!!😶

She just uploaded a new grwm video and I really think she reads here. Because I have recently made a comment here , saying how she doesn't show her gifted products and then comes 17:56

I hope she rebrands and makes a comeback sometime in the near future. she’s trying to have us guess which city her new jewelry line will be based on, and I feel bad for not caring...
Hi Sam 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’m not Sam if that’s what you’re implying lol. but I do also think sometimes that she reads this thread.

Yall don't remember what he did to her? He trash TRASH.
what did he do? I wasn’t around for the Ricky era.

Reactions: 1
I’m not Sam if that’s what you’re implying lol. but I do also think sometimes that she reads this thread.

what did he do? I wasn’t around for the Ricky era.
I remember Sam made the video about the abuse Ricky put her thru and I can't remember exactly if Ricky said something or commented in the video (please someone correct me) and Jason got very angry and said something along the lines "Don't you remember how you push her to the floor and kicked her"?
I don't personally believe that abusers like that change, but that's just my personal opinion based on my experiences in life. Maybe with YEARS of therapy. But I'm glad Sammi is safe from that relationship.

• Sad
Sami was one of the first Youtubers I properly followed and I used to LOVE her content. I started to lose interest when she got married to Jason, and I had hoped she would be back to get best now she’s single, but no. She’s trying too hard to reinvent herself as this spiritual Pinteresty insta model. It comes across as very insincere. Fair enough she may be getting into spirituality, but I feel she changing too much too fast and is at risk of losing the following that have stuck with her.everything is an ad at the mo too

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.