Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a shitshow and it's not even fun to watch anymore. It's just deeply pathetic.

Reactions: 10
I hope she rebrands and makes a comeback sometime in the near future. she’s trying to have us guess which city her new jewelry line will be based on, and I feel bad for not caring...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How many times is she going to post ads for bleeping Sky and how many times is she going to use the exact same trope for it (eating a bunch of amuses-bouches and drinking wine by herself while being made up as if she's going to a red-carpet)??!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I could be wrong, but maybe that trope has something to do with that Riviera show that she apparently watches on SkyTV.

Reactions: 2
New to this thread purely because I can't believe she has a thread.
Obviously I'm going to catch up an read but I don't see a problem with her and I've been watching her yt for so long but then I cut yt off, and recently found out she broke up.
I love her new found confidence to be HERSELF you can see completely how much happier she is. Even watching I was like who is this person!?
My two pence worth anyway, I'm a fan 🙌

Reactions: 6
Obviously I'm going to catch up an read but I don't see a problem with her and I've been watching her yt for so long but then I cut yt off, and recently found out she broke up.
I love her new found confidence to be HERSELF you can see completely how much happier she is. Even watching I was like who is this person!?
You’re seeing this far more positively than I do. I see a woman who is lost and does not know how to be happy without the attention of a man. She’s had a series of bad relationships and seems to be choosing men who take over her life. I see a woman who has a difficult relationship with her family and has had to cut people out, whether that’s right or not. All in a all, all I can see is someone who is struggling.

I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: 20
She blockEd me from her instagram after I asked why did she rehome her puppy. This woman is 30 years old with the mindset of a 15 year old. She has no new ideas, her content is lazy, and her rambling, giggling every 5 second whenever she produces a video are annoying. Her brand doesn’t grow and she could have made a killing. She lost focus on her YouTube videos way before her split from Jason. There are so many topics she could have covered. Such as growing up interracial, her natural hair journey, visiting her fathers home country. How many years did she vlog about going to Coachella but never really spoke about Coachella such as the vibe, or the musical acts instead we saw a lot of outfit changes. She could have offered so much as a “content creator” but instead we get these after the fact woke cliched statements with very little substance.

Reactions: 20
She blockEd me from her instagram after I asked why did she rehome her puppy. This woman is 30 years old with the mindset of a 15 year old. She has no new ideas, her content is lazy, and her rambling, giggling every 5 second whenever she produces a video are annoying. Her brand doesn’t grow and she could have made a killing. She lost focus on her YouTube videos way before her split from Jason. There are so many topics she could have covered. Such as growing up interracial, her natural hair journey, visiting her fathers home country. How many years did she vlog about going to Coachella but never really spoke about Coachella such as the vibe, or the musical acts instead we saw a lot of outfit changes. She could have offered so much as a “content creator” but instead we get these after the fact woke cliched statements with very little substance.
she is really the typical youtuber that got lucky with the right time. I have never been to coachella but that is all i see of it from influencers, it is just an excuse for content

Reactions: 4
What you see is your assumption, not words from her mouth. Like I said, any many other viewers from the comments she looks alot happier. So are you just generalising?

Girl we all have friends or have ourselves been in and out of bad relationships - they're bad and we end up leaving. Find me one person who is in and out of good relationships, people grow apart, if they're civil it doesn't read to me a bad relationship it reads they maybe grew apart? Gave it their best try? Havent we all at some point...

Anyone who has the confidence to leave a relationship if it isn't right for them I take my hat off to them. Maybe it was mutual? Why do we always blame the woman? duck that thought off right away.

'Seems to choose men who take over her life'..Does she put an ad out - if you want to take over my life I'm yours 🤣 read what you're saying honestly you have so much judgement against the female here.

Aren't we all struggling in one way or another? No-one, no-one has the perfect life and unfortunately you cannot choose your family. Alot of people are not very close to family, i dont judge them? People don't get on big deal? And from what I have watched on yt she is quite open about her struggles so does not portray the idyllic lifestyle many do.

I didn't even read this thread tbh because it sounded like the girl couldn't do right from wrong. Im open to be corrected if she has been offensive etc but not posting content you want to see i wouldnt lose sleep over it

So she is expected to post about her race/hair? Just because she is not white? The girl is expected to share her life/fathers background because he she is not white?

What are the expectations or topics a white influencer should post more about, I'm intrigued? Should a white influencer be posting about their dad if he lives in a different country say France? Or are we only arsed here because she isn't white. It reads that way.

People can post about whatever they feel comfortable. No1 is obliged to post about their family. Their race. Their hair ffs. Post about coachelle all they want 🤣 stop crying sound like a 15 year old.
your opinion is just that your opinion. Are you and her followers also not making assumptions or generalisations? Or is it because they are good ones they are the only ones allowed? I have no other comment on your post because you're totally allowed to think what you like but so is the person you quoted, you don't need to call them out

Reactions: 8
What you see is your assumption, not words from her mouth. Like I said, any many other viewers from the comments she looks alot happier. So are you just generalising?

Girl we all have friends or have ourselves been in and out of bad relationships - they're bad and we end up leaving. Find me one person who is in and out of good relationships, people grow apart, if they're civil it doesn't read to me a bad relationship it reads they maybe grew apart? Gave it their best try? Havent we all at some point...

Anyone who has the confidence to leave a relationship if it isn't right for them I take my hat off to them. Maybe it was mutual? Why do we always blame the woman? duck that thought off right away.

'Seems to choose men who take over her life'..Does she put an ad out - if you want to take over my life I'm yours 🤣 read what you're saying honestly you have so much judgement against the female here.

Aren't we all struggling in one way or another? No-one, no-one has the perfect life and unfortunately you cannot choose your family. Alot of people are not very close to family, i dont judge them? People don't get on big deal? And from what I have watched on yt she is quite open about her struggles so does not portray the idyllic lifestyle many do.

I didn't even read this thread tbh because it sounded like the girl couldn't do right from wrong. Im open to be corrected if she has been offensive etc but not posting content you want to see i wouldnt lose sleep over it
Of course I’m assuming and judging. That’s what we do here. I don’t know her. You think she’s doing well, and I don’t think she’s doing well. Who knows.

By the way, I’d never judge someone for distancing from their family, I mentioned it because that’s usually quite hard for people, even if it’s for the better.

Reactions: 3
  1. She has abandoned 2 dogs. First, she gave up her dog Riley after Indie was born. Clearly couldn't handle 2 dogs + a human baby. Made some excuse about how the two dogs (who had been living together just fine for a while) suddenly became aggressive and couldn't cohabit together. Shortly thereafter they bought Odin from a breeder (which she went on to promote publicly) because they wanted a designer puppy with 'rare coloring'. Buying overbred dogs is completely unethical in itself, but in Sammi's case it was even worse considering they had given up Riley specifically for the reason that Franklin wasn't fit to live with other dogs. Why would it be better with Odin? As expected, she didn't bother training Odin or even walking him. Only 6 months later she gave him up and, for a while, tried to get away with not telling her audience, hoping if she ignored his absence people just wouldn't notice. She deleted all comments asking about him, but the refuge who rescued him posted pictures on Facebook so she was exposed. She basically treats her animals like she does her handbags -- she gets that initial dopamine rush from purchasing something new, but then that feeling dissipates almost instantly and they become disposable.
  2. She let her (ex)husband take advantage of her audience. Jason set up a gofundme for himself asking for £30,000 and Sammi promoted it, asked her audience to donate money to him, encouraged him to pursue this venture. Supposedly he wanted the money so he could make a documentary, but sure enough the doco's never seen the light of day. Not the first or only time she was complicit to Jason's dodgy behavior. Whenever he made offensive comments or did problematic things she would complain about people not understanding, haters, cancel culture, or whatever, and actually be very condescending to her viewers.
  3. Even just focusing solely on her 'work' and putting her private life aside (even though in her case her work life and private life are intrinsically connected so the latter is still a very relevant topic in my opinion) -- her content is vapid, empty, irregular, and repetitive. She hasn't progressed at all in all the time she's been on Youtube, in fact she's been declining for years (in terms of views, relevance, engagement, creativity -- everything). She has nothing of substance to talk about or share. It's been the same lookbooks and mental health vlogs (the whole "I'm lost", "I feel stuck on youtube", "I don't know what to do with my life" spiel on repeat) for years. She has no drive, no work ethic, no passion for what she does. She's the least eloquent person I've probably ever seen on Youtube. She can't form coherent sentences so it's pretty astounding to me that she speaks on camera for a living. She also never keeps up with any of her projects or ideas. She never sees anything through.
  4. I don't think she's a very good example for someone who has hundreds of thousands of young women following her. She clearly has major confidence issues that transpire through her social media presence. I'm not even going to go into the issues she's had dealing with her identity and race because that's a whole other topic -- so putting that aside, she's obsessed with cosmetic surgery and procedures to an unhealthy degree, and literally can't seem to be able to post a picture of herself without putting a filter on it or editing the tit out of it. She has ruined her face/body over the years to the point that she doesn't even look like herself anymore. In that respect she's posted some very questionable videos talking about the 'golden ratio' (the 'perfect' face) and some other tit, which is very problematic in my opinion.
These are the first things that come to my mind right now. I could probably go on but can't be bothered to be honest. If you're such a 'fan' I'm not sure why you are here. As glad as I am that she finally left this scumbag husband of hers, I don't really see much of a deep change in her. Everything is extremely superficial and surface-level. It honestly doesn't seem like she takes her job seriously at all or has much respect for her viewers (without whom she would be nowhere and would not have the life she does now).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

So she is expected to post about her race/hair? Just because she is not white? The girl is expected to share her life/fathers background because he she is not white?

What are the expectations or topics a white influencer should post more about, I'm intrigued? Should a white influencer be posting about their dad if he lives in a different country say France? Or are we only arsed here because she isn't white. It reads that way.

People can post about whatever they feel comfortable. No1 is obliged to post about their family. Their race. Their hair ffs. Post about coachelle all they want 🤣 stop crying sound like a 15 year old.
I’m assuming you follow Samantha Maria then you would know that she regularly asks from her followers what would you like me to cover in my next video, what would you like me to talk about, post your suggestions down below. The things I described in my post people, her followers have asked her to talk about. She even commented in her videos and said I would love to go to my father‘s country. I believe it’s Guyana and She wanted to visit because she’s heard it’s a beautiful country, she wanted to take Indie, and she has never been there. That would have been great content. I thought she would go visit her fathers country because she said she wanted to and seeing that she went to her husbands country (Israel) twice. She then had a video where she spoke about her hair which is sensitive subject I get it nonetheless SHE spoke about how she wanted to go natural and ask for suggestions from her followers. She even shaved her head, posted a video on it and requested hair care tips. She received a lot of positive feedback on two subjects SHE brought forward in her videos. If she would have followed through she has two different topics she could cover in her platform. Different topics for her followers because she mentioned it and requested feedback on it. If your a content creator always asking for suggestions boom you have two topics that you can explore and create from. Nowadays Content creator/Influencer is a business. I’m not critizing her looks, her kid, or her her relationship but she’s has a platform that she can make money and Build her brand. She’s in very fortunate position especially now with people getting laid off. All im saying is respect your business and create.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you Samantha does look lost and like she is having somewhat of a crisis, existential but also emotional, social and career wise. I would have expected her to be thriving more after her split but its as if she's still lost and may even more regressed.

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you Samantha does look lost and like she is having somewhat of a crisis, existential but also emotional, social and career wise. I would have expected her to be thriving more after her split but its as if she's still lost and may even more regressed.
I literally feel uneasy watching her, she seems like she's about to fall off the edge and go into some sort of breakdown and she's trying to cover is with all the spiritual stuff...

Does anyone know what the story is with Ricky these days?

Really weird pose, like an odd mannequin/puppet... weird looking wig/weave too

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thanks. Can see he's involved with someone there. Women who go with people publicly outed as abusive puzzle me.

Sure its not expected he'll never have a relationship again but I always wonder whats in the mind of those women...
maybe she's not aware of Sammi and her social media presence? But I agree, to know and still go ahead, wouldn't be me but everyone is cut differently.

Rickey looks sooooooo old though, I only started to watch her channel towards the end of their relationship so I really don't remember him but WOW

Reactions: 5
Thanks. Can see he's involved with someone there. Women who go with people publicly outed as abusive puzzle me.

Sure its not expected he'll never have a relationship again but I always wonder whats in the mind of those women...
100% this. I’d almost forgotten how bad Ricky was after Jason... to call Sam unlucky in love would be an understatement. A part of me feels sorry for her and thinks no wonder she has issues around relationships after her experiences.

Reactions: 9
maybe she's not aware of Sammi and her social media presence? But I agree, to know and still go ahead, wouldn't be me but everyone is cut differently.

Rickey looks sooooooo old though, I only started to watch her channel towards the end of their relationship so I really don't remember him but WOW
I agree

Yeah ricky looks knackered old for 32. Too much hitting the blunt and bad vibes can age a person

100% this. I’d almost forgotten how bad Ricky was after Jason... to call Sam unlucky in love would be an understatement. A part of me feels sorry for her and thinks no wonder she has issues around relationships after her experiences.
Yeah its a sad cycle. I believe you totally attract who and what you are

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.