Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PocketRLocket

I get the feeling Indie is going to be a proper daddies girl, he clearly only does the "fun dad" stuff and I don't put it past him to just let her do what she wants 24/7 when she goes to stay with him. That might create a wedge between Sam and Indie, as their relationship seems somewhat strained. Hopefully not, though.

I kinda see where the person is coming from who said Sam seems like she could go off the rails. There's a strange vibe I'm getting from her socials at the moment that's probably because she has been stifled for such a long time. Not only with Jason but with Ricky too. She's single again for the first time since she was a teenager...and she's 30. That's nuts, must feel very vulnerable and a bit scary. I bet she's also realising just how many friendships she's pushed away or neglected.

Reactions: 25

fwooper

VIP Member
anyone know has Jason since got a job? or does he still receive income from sammi? 🙃
I think someone posted a while back that he now works as a photographer for a media company.

Imagine how much a kick in the teeth it must have been for Sammi who supported his unemployed backside for years only for him to finally get a job as soon as they broke up.

• Wow

Lemonz

VIP Member
This sounds like a feminist and blackness awakening has been going on for her and I am HERE FOR IT. Here's hoping she stays away from men and as suggested above gets a good routine going outside of the house.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Im reserving judgment here.....

don’t wanna be negative but nothing about Sami makes me think she’s now going to rise from the ashes and grow a frigging backbone,

This is the girl that still awkwardly giggles through uploads she’s been doing for ten years like she’s uncomfortable in her own skin and scared to say the wrong thing,

who’s to say he isn’t the one who up and left.

I hope she has good support around her and I’ll wait and see what’s next for her 😐

• Sad
  • Haha

PocketRLocket

Screenshot_2020-10-16-19-22-00-729_com.instagram.android.jpg

Her online persona right now is bouncing between lovesick, desperate teen and horny, desperate teen. It's really cringe.

We all thought/hoped she would evolve and grow after leaving Jason but feels like she is regressing at the moment. I don't think she can cope without male attention.

• Haha
  • Wow

amylia

Good for her! About time she ditched the dead weight. Hope she thrives without that loser in her life.

Cotedazur

Regardless of who dumped who I don’t understand why you’d put yourself on dating apps ASAP after a breakup? I definitely think he’s done this to deliberately disrespect Sam. No way is your first priority after splitting up with your wife and baby mother getting straight back out there on the market 🥴

• Heart

consumerism makes u free

I would like to be supportive but given that this woman has been having an identity crisis for the last decade, its hard to interpret coming out... again... as anything other than another provocative post-jason thing to do that doesnt actually correspond to anything of substance behind the scenes. Like she could just as well tell me she's studying the Torah or is now vegan. None of it means anything. She needs off the internet so badly.

palmer

Chatty Member
Her place is much more spacious than I thought from watching her insta stories. Agree about the mismatched furniture, not the biggest fan of her decor choices so far. A shame too as it looks like a much nicer space to work with then the house she was living at with Jason previously. But it's early days so I guess she's still pulling it all together. Noticed she really doesn't put Indie on camera these days which is fab, I'm assuming now that she's getting a bit older and moving out of the baby/toddler stage that she wants to allow her some privacy.
I have a feeling her not showing Indie is more to do with wanting to distance herself from the 'mommy blogger' image (or mommy, period), especially now that she's single and looking to mingle. It is clear that being a mom has never been 'cool' in her eyes, and I think she really wants people (and potential dates) to see her as a single woman who doesn't have any of those kinds of responsibilities. Just my impression of course.

Also -- There is literally not a single person I could think of who would be WORSE than Sammi at hosting a podcast. The girl CANNOT FUCKING SPEAK!!! I don't know a less eloquent and less articulate person than her. She is the opposite of well-spoken. Not only that, but she has nothing to speak on as well. Right now on her stories, she is asking for recommendations on which topics she should make her podcast about -- that, to me, says it ALL. She's doing it the wrong way around. It should be -- you find a topic you really want to discuss in more detail and THEN decide to turn it into a podcast. NOT you decide you want to have a podcast and THEN try and think of possible topics to address. Smh I'm so tired of these influencers constantly trying to branch out and have a go at every single fucking thing, even if they have NO place doing so, no qualifications/talent/knowledge (and often genuine interest) in the matter. Why she thinks a podcast is a good idea for her (and why some people have been encouraging her) is completely beyond me. Please dear lord let this be another one of those projects she just abandons after 2 attempts.

Last edited:
  • Heart

blossombloss

Chatty Member
I don't know if it was spoken about in this thread, I know it was on GG. But if this has been going on for months, they were in the process of either splitting or working things out when Jason uploaded that video of him throwing something at her, it hitting her in the chin, her being angry because it hurt and him laughing. He is all kinds of horrid.

Reactions: 24

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
Oh good I hope this means she gets a divorce. She might as well be a single parent anyway. All Jason does is drag her down.

PocketRLocket

This wine mum/solo drinking persona she's adopted is so tiresome. Liking alcohol isn't a personality trait. It's a weird vibe, she is trying to be relatable and "chaotic" whilst also telling us she's had a spiritual awakening. But constantly drinking alone and suddenly upping her social media presence with kind of attention seeking things don't really chime with her "accessing my higher self" narrative.

Last edited:

bookish

I'm seeing both an increase of risque content from the newly single ladies like Niomi Smart and Sammi....

Here's a thought girl - stop changing yourself when you get into a relationship.
Keep yourself luscious and sexy online. If you partner found you that way, they'd probably appreciate you tp stay that way.

There's nothing wrong with looking sexy and single online provided you're honest about being in a relationship. Why do women let being in a relationship change how they present themselves, then suddenly feel "empowered" when they're single.

Fucking OWN your empowerment and don't let it go when you're in a relationship. That's the only lesson I've ever learned from these online influencers, and not one of them even knows the lesson - I've just learned it through their mistakes.

PAHFECT

1. She has abandoned 2 dogs. First, she gave up her dog Riley after Indie was born. Clearly couldn't handle 2 dogs + a human baby. Made some excuse about how the two dogs (who had been living together just fine for a while) suddenly became aggressive and couldn't cohabit together. Shortly thereafter they bought Odin from a breeder (which she went on to promote publicly) because they wanted a designer puppy with 'rare coloring'. Buying overbred dogs is completely unethical in itself, but in Sammi's case it was even worse considering they had given up Riley specifically for the reason that Franklin wasn't fit to live with other dogs. Why would it be better with Odin? As expected, she didn't bother training Odin or even walking him. Only 6 months later she gave him up and, for a while, tried to get away with not telling her audience, hoping if she ignored his absence people just wouldn't notice. She deleted all comments asking about him, but the refuge who rescued him posted pictures on Facebook so she was exposed. She basically treats her animals like she does her handbags -- she gets that initial dopamine rush from purchasing something new, but then that feeling dissipates almost instantly and they become disposable.
  2. She let her (ex)husband take advantage of her audience. Jason set up a gofundme for himself asking for £30,000 and Sammi promoted it, asked her audience to donate money to him, encouraged him to pursue this venture. Supposedly he wanted the money so he could make a documentary, but sure enough the doco's never seen the light of day. Not the first or only time she was complicit to Jason's dodgy behavior. Whenever he made offensive comments or did problematic things she would complain about people not understanding, haters, cancel culture, or whatever, and actually be very condescending to her viewers.
  3. Even just focusing solely on her 'work' and putting her private life aside (even though in her case her work life and private life are intrinsically connected so the latter is still a very relevant topic in my opinion) -- her content is vapid, empty, irregular, and repetitive. She hasn't progressed at all in all the time she's been on Youtube, in fact she's been declining for years (in terms of views, relevance, engagement, creativity -- everything). She has nothing of substance to talk about or share. It's been the same lookbooks and mental health vlogs (the whole "I'm lost", "I feel stuck on youtube", "I don't know what to do with my life" spiel on repeat) for years. She has no drive, no work ethic, no passion for what she does. She's the least eloquent person I've probably ever seen on Youtube. She can't form coherent sentences so it's pretty astounding to me that she speaks on camera for a living. She also never keeps up with any of her projects or ideas. She never sees anything through.
  4. I don't think she's a very good example for someone who has hundreds of thousands of young women following her. She clearly has major confidence issues that transpire through her social media presence. I'm not even going to go into the issues she's had dealing with her identity and race because that's a whole other topic -- so putting that aside, she's obsessed with cosmetic surgery and procedures to an unhealthy degree, and literally can't seem to be able to post a picture of herself without putting a filter on it or editing the shit out of it. She has ruined her face/body over the years to the point that she doesn't even look like herself anymore. In that respect she's posted some very questionable videos talking about the 'golden ratio' (the 'perfect' face) and some other shit, which is very problematic in my opinion.
These are the first things that come to my mind right now. I could probably go on but can't be bothered to be honest. If you're such a 'fan' I'm not sure why you are here. As glad as I am that she finally left this scumbag husband of hers, I don't really see much of a deep change in her. Everything is extremely superficial and surface-level. It honestly doesn't seem like she takes her job seriously at all or has much respect for her viewers (without whom she would be nowhere and would not have the life she does now).
THIS🙏🙏
1-How many times has she started vlogmas/vlogtober and did not finish it? Literally, every single time. She uses her mental health issues to justify her lack of content. She had the same pattern for years. At first, I thought that Jason is weighing down on her and all of their responsibilities are on her shoulder. Nevertheless, nothing improved since their breakup. She is just lazy.
2-On Instagram, she claims that she just shoots a video but that video doesn't come to fruition for a whole month... Therefore, her insta stories titled as 'working'..'a new project'' are bs.
3-She gets gifted so much product and never reviews them . Her makeup videos didn't evolved. Her styling videos are filled with ill fitting clothes, she repeatedly buys same jumpers and silk dresses.
4-She is incoherent and should stay with vlogging lane.Her recent video titled as 'spirituality' will be a testament as to why...

Sorry english is not my first language. Palmer explained in such an eloquent way. I agree with everything said

Last edited:
Sam was literally pushed into having a kid though, it’s literally what happened. She would always get Q&A questions about it like a year or two before having Indie and she always seemed v clear and adamant that it was something she wanted many years down the line. Then enter The Michalaks. Jason developed a weird friendship with Stef Michalak (more of a hero worship type thing) and as a result they all started hanging out as two couples. Jason started emulating Stef’s filming style and also became obsessed with having a child (I guess to further emulate them)?

So they stopped using contraception in a kind of, if it happens it happens kind of way. Although Sam did continue drinking which is why I don’t see it as them really sincerely trying for a baby and more so just Sam bowing to Jason’s demands. And ofcourse as we know she did get pregnant, and was absolutely miserable the whole way through and for long after the birth. She put it all down to hormones but honestly I also think it was not actually wanting a child yet. Plus the fact that Jason was absolutely the driving factor behind it and was then too depressed to actually take a hands on role and ‘didn’t even love his baby for the first few months’. I’d have been miserable too.

Ultimately Jason felt lacking in his life and thought a child would give things meaning. When it didn’t he mentally checked out and left Sam to deal. Do they love their child? Obviously, but are they both totally loving devoted parents, eh. At the end of the day Indie comes across as happy, healthy and taken care of which is more than can be said for many many children. She’s also not the first child to be born to parents who weren’t ready to be parents and she won’t be the last. Ultimately it’s sad that Sam so desperately needs to be partnered up that she has put up with Jason for so long. I know gossip forums can be nit picky towards YouTube bf/husbands but in this case it’s completely justified. No one likes him not youtube subbies, not us, not even her own family! The wrong partner will literally drain your life and that’s what we’ve seen happen to Sam bit by bit over the years.

The way his anxieties would force her to leave trips and events early, his weird snide digs towards her. How to tried to take over her channel and how he has alienated her followers. I even remember how much she used to subtweet about him never doing any household chores and how exhausted she was - and this was long before they had a child together! Honestly his joblessness wouldn’t even bother me so much if he was a sweetheart and super fun to be around. Or okay, be mean and annoying but pull your weight! The fact that he is neither yet she insists on being with him is mind boggling to me.

At the end of the day the boom years are long gone. Sam’s career is only going to get more difficult. As someone further up put beautifully ‘she had fans in the way all young beautiful women have fans’. There is nothing of substance or real talent in what Sam does. She hopped onto YouTube at the perfect time, and solidified herself by being a pretty girl with naturally tan skin and green eyes. Her style as an early 20 something was cool and fun. Now almost a decade later the landscape is saturated beyond belief and there are 1000s of women doing the same thing. Sam never really had much presence or a striking personality so she can’t cash in on that either. She is staunchly resistant to transitioning into a mummy/family vlogger (and good for her!). So at this point it’s just hoping the goodwill of old loyal subbies remains or her platform will disappear in the next couple or years. And the fact that she has to deal with this reality coupled with an awful partner at home, no wonder she’s been mentally spiralling.

So many high profile youtube divorces have been happening recently, Nikki Perkins, Naptural85! And I know she follows Nikki and I’m glad she does. To know that she can be enough and in fact is enough on her own! That there can be more to life. I think trying to divorce a guy like Jason (and being tied to him forever regardless due to a shared child) is not an enviable position. But a single Sam would honestly be a beautiful sight. It’s a shame she never took time after Ricky (at the peak of her career no less!) to just be alone and focus on herself instead or accommodating the whims or yet another selfish and difficult man.

Reactions: 23

PocketRLocket

I agree with both sides. It's not Sam's job to become a freedom fighter and embracing her ethnicity is her own journey and there's no right/perfect way to do that. But that journey is not the same as her re-posting pictures and tiktoks which present a meme-ification of blackness and blocking her sister who she falls out with 5 times a year anyway. As a black woman myself, I support her journey but I hope it's going deeper than just getting braids, posting sexy selfies and reposting other people's activism.

Reactions: 23

Taetae95

I was really rooting for Sammi to come into her own after finally splitting with Jason too. I don't know what exactly we were all hoping for but this isn't it...

Reactions: 22