Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubblegumblades

Chatty Member
Tbh I’d be very surprised if they had full on shared custody with Indie spending equal time living at both parents houses. Sam really seems to have done the majority of caregiving herself, I reckon Jason will be an every other weekend dad in the long run.
He seems like the type who wouldn't want shared custody, but would fight for it to make life difficult for Sammi, and then just shirk on his responsibilities if he actually got it.

Reactions: 31

palmer

Chatty Member
I’d really like to see a video about running her own business. And what’s she’s doing differently to Novem and Knight
Delegating the entire thing from A to Z lol -- that's what she's doing differently. Her "brand", Sammi Maria Jewelry, is handled entirely by the German jewelry company Stilnest (https://en.stilnest.com/). They make the jewelry + ship everything + do the customer service for her all the way from Germany. The whole thing is really just a disguised long-term collaboration. You can even buy her products on their own website, along with a bunch of other influencers they do the same thing with. Then the company Studio Tissé (https://studiotisse.com/) do all the social media, content creation, brand visuals for her, like they also do for Niomi Smart's skincare brand. Sammi doesn't have to do shit except 'model' for the pictures and decide which city they're going to name the next collection after. She'll never make a video about running a business because she is not in fact running a business. She doesn’t even have a registered company for it—that’s because it’s not an actual business it’s just a collab. She gets a check from Stilnest for whatever she sells and that’s it. Not a real business.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Lemonz

VIP Member
I find it super sad that she felt like she needed to have a traditional wedding with loads of bridesmaids when she openly admits she doesnt really have many close friends. I mean, Hannah Michalak??
I say this as someone who would have zero bridesmaids for the same reason.

Reactions: 30

fwooper

VIP Member
It's a shame Novem and Knight ended up dissolving.. I wonder what really happened. Perhaps Jason wasn't pulling his weight and was too much to handle..
Yeah, I feel like N&K was pretty ahead of the game at the time. I remember when it launched it was one of the first influencer clothing brands that wasn't just a collab with a shitty fast fashion brand like Boohoo, but was actually its own independent brand that was trying to make good quality and ethical clothing. Now loads of influencers are jumping on the sustainability train so that window of novelty has passed. It's a shame they gave up on it because it had potential.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Whwn someone says to you as their husband you are my n***er, you fucking run and never look back, she stayed way too long after he called her that

• Wow
  • Angry

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Controversial, i also think Jason enjoyed Sami’s struggles with her identity.
I think he’s a racist fuck who probably put her in the box of shame she’s lived her online life in, because she radiates shame, it’s been such a turn off for so long, if anyone even mentions her natural hair her own viewers go IN on them, like it’s a taboo subject, Sam creates that narrative.

I hope the BLM movement has finally made her proud to be herself.
Jason is what I’d call white trash... or trash regardless of his skin.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I don't think there's all that much to point to that indicates he's parenting Indie much even now. A few Insta stories don't convince me. Tired of commending men for doing the minimum possible. He pressured Sam to have a baby she wasn't ready for, left her and others to do 95% of the parenting - I think that's pretty undisputed - and then, lol, pressured her for a second kid. All this from a kept man who wasn't working. So no I am not convinced that in the wake of their separation that he's had some major epiphany and changed his ways.
Don‘t forget his ‘panic attack’ while Sam was in labour so the attention could be back on him.

• Angry
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Tbh I’d be very surprised if they had full on shared custody with Indie spending equal time living at both parents houses. Sam really seems to have done the majority of caregiving herself, I reckon Jason will be an every other weekend dad in the long run.
I give him 2 years before he bounces out of her life completely and instead sends a card from “daddy” and an Amazon voucher every Christmas,
which has been arranged by the new side chick of the month.
he seems the type. 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 28

MurmurCat

There's just something that tells me that deep down she's really unhappy, behind all the tick tocs, wigs, wine and homeware. It's a sadness she's not hiding very well. If I can see it, others must too.

Reactions: 28

PocketRLocket

Just watched it. She's almost like a different person - less giggling, more direct and obviously trying to articulate things more clearly than she has before. It's no surprise that she wants to be vague about things going on with Jason, and as much as we may want to know the details it's much more responsible to keep it private when they have a child to think of, who will soon be at the age where she can access and understand the videos they upload.

I hope that learning more about blackness and identity isn't only coming from reading things online. For me, so much of my identity was affirmed by spending time with more black people (I grew up in a predominantly white area, and moving to a bigger city helped me to embrace my ethnicity and my identity within that more fully), so I hope she is able to connect with black people in her day to day life too. It's pretty nuts it's taken this long, and her talking about her hair is strange because for years people have spoken about her hair and she has people in her life like Tasha and Grace who I'm sure would be willing to have those conversations with her, so her delivering that speech about hiding under Eurocentric hairstyles like it was totally new information felt odd. But whatever, I'm happy for her.

I have to say I think she looked absolutely radiant in this video. Like a weight has lifted, you can see a new life in her, reminded me how beautiful she is. I feel like looking like this she's going to attract a lot of male attention, and I hope she is strong enough to eschew that and continue working on herself.

*edited for spelling.

Reactions: 27

Titfortattalesxo

He is gross! He really fancies himself too which makes it worse. I dread to think of the state of his sent messages.

The very casual way she talks about the separation makes me think that maybe they weren't really living as a couple for quite a while before officially separating - perhaps they were just kind of co-existing in one space because it was easier/cheaper than splitting up. It would make sense coz they seemed to be living quite separate lives - Sam making her own dinners with Jason getting takeaways etc.
Jason is on Hinge. As a regular user I’ve seen him on there on various occasions👀

• Wow
  • Sick

Cotedazur

Tbh whatever her reasons I’ve always liked that about Sam - she didn’t change her whole online personality/brand just because she became a mom. Thought the same about Patricia Bright too.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Can I be honest with y'all? I think Sammi got tired of the housewife life and decided to break things off. And Jason is just trying to find some rebound sex because he's hurt. And I think it's great he's talking about antisemitism. Their whole relationship, she only showed little pieces of his culture because they were highly criticized for just visiting his family. We don't know if he is more observant that we think, because it was never shown to us.
And I just don't buy this woke Sammi. Braiding your hair and talking how you feel you've awakened doesn't do it to me. She would have to show us through her content. I
Oh, I thought they split because he treated her like shit and was a racist.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Addressed the Odin situation at the end of her most recent vlog (basically a rehash of her instagram post). However the thing that annoyed me most in the video is she talks about a new bed she bought Indie and a new mattress, and she mentions how she and Jason have a Caspar mattress that they ‘really really love’ and how she thought about getting one for Indie but decided she wasn’t comfortable forking out for one? And just a few minutes earlier in the same vlog she was showing her ASOS basket with over 300 pounds worth of items in it?

I dunno I know it’s petty and judgemental and obvs Indie is at an age where she would likely outgrow the mattress (and Sammi may well have been gifted her mattress and could be trying to bag a freebie for indie too?) but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I do just generally always find it kind of sad when parents are happy splashing out frivolously on themselves but penny pinch and begrudge their children things. Especially when a good mattress is instrumental to good sleep which is so important for a child’s wellbeing and development. Again I feel petty picking that moment apart but it felt so off. Especially paired with her constant moaning and eye rolling about being stuck in quarantine with her own child...

Eyesee

Does he admit to being married, but separated with a toddler? Do women want to date with a recently separated man who is still legally married (Sarah and jim aside ofc)

Men (usually) want to have sex with a few new women asap to reassure their fragile egos. But if he admits he's recently separated and still married it might be harder.
I mean they aren’t even divorced yet (Surely?) and he’s already on Dating apps 🤢

But why are we not surprised really...in my personal opinion Any married man that’s out there liking pics of other women in Bikinis on the daily is just a loser...like you’re a dad to a toddler and a (kept) husband of a beautiful woman yet you spend your days scrolling Instagram hearting 21 year olds photos 😒😒😒

• Sad

Lilistar

His hinge/IG Avi looks like a reconstruction of a prehistoric man's head. Very strange and almost CGI like

• Haha
Going from spending your entire adult/working life as a youtuber and stepping into a regular/office job would be such an insane culture shock. As much as these youtubers complain about the downsides of influencer life there is so much freedom, you don’t directly answer to anyone (subscribes aside), you set your own hours etc. Don’t have to put up with colleagues, make all your own decisions. Truthfully the influencer landscape has defo changed, however I do feel Sam has built a pretty loyal audience over the years. She still manages to clear 100k ish views every so often so her channel definitely isn’t dead. Going through a divorce and having to build a new life for herself could end up revitalising her. Ofcourse she’ll never again reach the heights of 2014ish but no one will! That gravy train has come to a stop for everyone. It’ll be fascinating to see where it all goes in the next 2-3 years.