Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still want to know what’s gone down between Sammi and her sister. I hope Daniella takes up YouTube again and does a tell all

Reactions: 5
Dannys partner was clapping outside at 8pm when Boris got coronavirus.
what is it with the girls choosing and being dependant on such useless men lol

I still want to know what’s gone down between Sammi and her sister. I hope Daniella takes up YouTube again and does a tell all
I really want Sammi to tell us all what went down with Danni AND Jason but I have a feeling she won't unless it's in the form of "girl chat" and she thinks something can be learned from it. I just want the goss!

Reactions: 5
Pretty sure this says it all!
Meh. I'm not buying her newfound wokeness. It's typical of her to bandwagon onto the 'in' thing.

People have been getting onto her for years about not acknowledging her own blackness while she's been pretending to be a white middle-class yummy mummy. She's always deleted comments and avoided race issues completely. The only time she ever acknowledged her afro hair was when she thought she could make money out of it...and we see how that went, she couldn't even commit to documenting her natural hair journey.

There are probably lots of reasons she split up with Jason. Namely things that have been mentioned in threads here. The erectile dysfunction jab made me laugh, and probably has way more to do with it than him being racist and ignorant.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Meh. I'm not buying her newfound wokeness. It's typical of her to bandwagon onto the 'in' thing.

People have been getting onto her for years about not acknowledging her own blackness while she's been pretending to be a white middle-class yummy mummy. She's always deleted comments and avoided race issues completely. The only time she ever acknowledged her afro hair was when she thought she could make money out of it...and we see how that went, she couldn't even commit to documenting her natural hair journey.

There are probably lots of reasons she split up with Jason. Namely things that have been mentioned in threads here. The erectile dysfunction jab made me laugh, and probably has way more to do with it than him being racist and ignorant.
100%!!!

Reactions: 1
How do you know something went down? Surely their not seeing each other because of Covid? I'm so out of the loop!

Reactions: 1
Seems like she’s gonna address some stuff @7pm 👀 I want some boss witch energy or am out

Reactions: 10
Her skin is looking a lot better in the Kate Sommerville ad. Letting go of all that negativity

Reactions: 3
I’ve said this from the start it’s a load of rubbish.

I’ll be very honest here, the majority of british mixed race instagrammers tend to ALL have white partners. Most of them. In America I’m aware it’s different.

But here? It’s more prominent. Most of us have Jamaican fathers who don’t stick around or a parent from the Caribbean, we’ve been raised around maybe white people more or have been brain washed into Caucasian ideology or we don’t get along as well as we do with black people in school so most of us maybe have had more white friends than black. It depends. I’ve heard it all, I’m a mixed woman too and it’s the same thing. Again and again when I hear the stories.

At this point I don’t even care what Samantha does anymore. Most of the mixed race instagrammers here are just using it as a way to gain more followers by this point and black influencers. I can understand the awareness and whatnot. It’s good that more white women are following black / mixed women.

But it’s all out of a trend. So white people, Asians ect don’t look bad.

And if Samantha doesn’t stray to her black side than leave her to it. The problem being is her cashing out on her blackness but I just don’t think she’s interested that much in involving herself with more black people or being with a black man or whatever.

I hate to say it but there are some mixed people or mixed people with mixed and a white patent who just end up being more in with their white side.

This isn’t just black and white biracial people. Asian and whites, black and Asian mixes do this too.

And it won’t change.

Reactions: 9
Wow just watched her Mauritius vlog where he proposed.
I know it was a few years ago but dang she looks like a totally different person.
She really messed with her face too much.
Even her nose is completely different. 😳

Just watched it. She's almost like a different person - less giggling, more direct and obviously trying to articulate things more clearly than she has before. It's no surprise that she wants to be vague about things going on with Jason, and as much as we may want to know the details it's much more responsible to keep it private when they have a child to think of, who will soon be at the age where she can access and understand the videos they upload.

I hope that learning more about blackness and identity isn't only coming from reading things online. For me, so much of my identity was affirmed by spending time with more black people (I grew up in a predominantly white area, and moving to a bigger city helped me to embrace my ethnicity and my identity within that more fully), so I hope she is able to connect with black people in her day to day life too. It's pretty nuts it's taken this long, and her talking about her hair is strange because for years people have spoken about her hair and she has people in her life like Tasha and Grace who I'm sure would be willing to have those conversations with her, so her delivering that speech about hiding under Eurocentric hairstyles like it was totally new information felt odd. But whatever, I'm happy for her.

I have to say I think she looked absolutely radiant in this video. Like a weight has lifted, you can see a new life in her, reminded me how beautiful she is. I feel like looking like this she's going to attract a lot of male attention, and I hope she is strong enough to eschew that and continue working on herself.

*edited for spelling.

Reactions: 27
^^ I agree with above she looks beautiful in the video and for once it was an incoherent mess! It was choppy in some places but there was none of her inane giggling. she actually seemed okay in the video.
It's clear she has a lot of things to work through and I feel that she is insanely lucky she has her revenue from being online so she can do whatever she needs to do to heal. I do think she would benefit from doing SOMETHING, please just anything, that puts her in contact with people outside of the influencer world. A yoga class once a week, a book club, a debate club, I think she mentioned being into spirituality now - so even something to do with that, just SOMETHING to do that doesn't revolve around the internet.
I also think if she's gonna learning more about where she's come from etc, she should think about going to events where there are more Black women, she could easily do so because she's isn't a nobody so people wouldn't think she's a beg.
I think she's a lovely girl but she needs to connect more with people.

Still curious about her and Dani. I really think it was something to do with BLM that they probably quarreled about.

Reactions: 9
This sounds like a feminist and blackness awakening has been going on for her and I am HERE FOR IT. Here's hoping she stays away from men and as suggested above gets a good routine going outside of the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I didn't expect her to spill the deets on the separation (though I hoped she would) but I did find the video to be a bit disjointed. But I think it came across as disjointed/blasé because she's in a slightly better place mentally rather than her being annoyingly uncertain about what she's saying.

I wonder if their separation will lead to an actual divorce. It half seemed like her mental health took a toll on the relationship, among other things, so they decided to split temporarily. I hope not.

I thought she seemed really authentic for once, hopefully she’s getting it together. She looks good.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.