Saltburn (2023)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Best film of 2023 for me, saw it at a BFI early screening and knew immediately that it would be very marmite. Seems people on TikTok are overhyping how “crazy” and “weird” it is though. Not surprised to see it get mainly shut out of awards as well

Reactions: 5
I loved this film. One of the best films I’ve seen in a while. I think it deserved more nominations for the BAFTAS.

Reactions: 6
I loved this film. One of the best films I’ve seen in a while. I think it deserved more nominations for the BAFTAS.
Yeah wonder why it didn't? Cinematography and plot was great.

I reckon it shot itself in the foot with the silly sex stuff shoved in to shock to be honest. That vampire scene could have been binned. Either the bathtub or the grave could have stayed, but only one. I think the award givers just rolled their eyes at those scenes being what all the fuss was about

Reactions: 4
Finally got round to watching it yesterday and loved it! I wish I’d gone into it blind like my boyfriend did but I already knew so much about it but still loved it and the soundtrack is so nostalgic!! I was uni age in 2006 ❤

Reactions: 8
I watched this last night to see what all the fuss was about. I’m not on tiktok so didn’t have anything spoiled for me but it did still feel a bit too long. Overall enjoyed it though and enjoyed the ‘eat the rich’ meaning 😂

Reactions: 2
Rosamund deserved a nom imo.
Yeah I agree, she was great. I personally thought Emerald blew her chances with the silly teenage shock factor scenes which kind of overshadowed what else was great about the film

Reactions: 1
I finally caved (fomo) & watched it last night, Rosamund pike was bloody brilliant, I don't think i got how he killed the family though, how did they die?
It wasn't very clear

I finally caved (fomo) & watched it last night, Rosamund pike was bloody brilliant, I don't think i got how he killed the family though, how did they die?
It wasn't very clear
Spiked Felix's champagne with drugs so he overdosed."Encouraged" Venetia to kill herself by leaving a razor blade on the side of the bathtub.

Spiked Felix's champagne with drugs so he overdosed."Encouraged" Venetia to kill herself by leaving a razor blade on the side of the bathtub.
Ahh right, thanks, they didn't really dwell enough on his long game for me, I was obviously a bit slow on the uptake 🤣

It wasn't very clear
I thought he poisoned the champagne and then made himself sick so it didn’t affect him. Razor blades left out to encourage Venetia.

i watched it this weekend finally! i have to admit i expected a bit more, it was very predictable.

that being said, the cinematography was astonishingly beautiful, the music was great (🎶 you took me to a restaurant... 🎶) and the acting amazing. particularly rosamund pike as i see this thread agrees, she is such a good snob!

Reactions: 4
Finally watched this yesterday. Rosamund Pike was hilarious as Elspeth, although she was really awful.

Ollie was a monster, but we've all met someone who was a liar or a fantasist or a leech or just a freeloader, so we recognise parts of him. There were moments when you almost felt sorry for him early on, too.

I also like how Emerald Fennell resisted the urge to resolve every single part of the story. There's still bits of the plot to think about afterwards: where is Farleigh now and how did he react? What about the butler? Did Ollie kill James or Poor Dear Pamela as well?

Finally watched this yesterday. Rosamund Pike was hilarious as Elspeth, although she was really awful.

Ollie was a monster, but we've all met someone who was a liar or a fantasist or a leech or just a freeloader, so we recognise parts of him. There were moments when you almost felt sorry for him early on, too.

I also like how Emerald Fennell resisted the urge to resolve every single part of the story. There's still bits of the plot to think about afterwards: where is Farleigh now and how did he react? What about the butler? Did Ollie kill James or Poor Dear Pamela as well?
Yes, I wondered about Farleigh too, as I thought he would have inherited the house. Your post echoed the thoughts in my head but you put it more eloquently than I could have!

Expected to love it. Enjoyed it and it looked really bloody good, but there was something amiss for me and I'm not sure what that was. Rosamund Pike was brilliant though.

Yes, I wondered about Farleigh too, as I thought he would have inherited the house. Your post echoed the thoughts in my head but you put it more eloquently than I could have!
He was disinherited because they thought he was the one that gave Felix the cocaine that killed him.

Reactions: 3