Saltburn (2023)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was quite good! I enjoyed the cinematography and soundtrack - particularly the last song, I actually laughed out loud at the end šŸ˜…

I thought some of those scenes werenā€™t really necessary.. but I guess it got people talking about the film! šŸ› šŸŖ¦

Reactions: 20
It was quite accurate of the monied set. I loved when Rosamund Pike Elsbeth says you canā€™t shock me. She seems to live vicariously through gossip.

I thought he played them all well, Venetia nailed him with this comment:

ā€œI don't think you're a spider, you're a moth. Quiet, harmless, drawn to shiny things, banging up against a window, and begging to get inā€.

He got in and made himself a new home. I would love to see the deleted scenes. I think there was one with Oliver dressed in his finery that didnā€™t make the cut. He alluded to such recently when he wore the red outfit.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely loved it.Gorgeous looking film and yes, it wasn't particularly deep, but it was fun and probably the best time I had watching a film all year.Rosamund was MVP.

"Pamela died?"
"She'd do anything for attention".

Reactions: 25
I liked it though I think some of the scenes were put in to shock. At the start I felt really sorry for Oliver amongst all these posh gits and I doubted Felix's sincerity whe he appeared to befriend him . He ended up killing all the family very far fetched but enjoyable

Reactions: 3
I thought it was a great film; a cross between Brideshead Revisited and The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Reactions: 9
Think Iā€™m in the minority but all Iā€™m thinking is ā€œthatā€™s two hours Iā€™m never getting backā€

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought it was great, one of the best films Iā€™ve seen in a while. Beautiful cinematography, the acting was A+ (Rosamund Pike in particular nailed her character scarily well). It seems to have been a passion project as opposed to a film made just to make money or win awards and you can tell.

I wouldnā€™t say I enjoyed it as such (acting and cinematography excluded), but I donā€™t think itā€™s a film made to be enjoyed, but to illicit strong feelings (mainly disgust). Not saying it was in anyway similar but it reminded me of Remains Of The Day, not sure whether itā€™s just the setting or a general vibe of ominosity (not a word but w/e). I canā€™t stop thinking about it tbh and think I will need to watch it again (not that I actually want to).

Reactions: 10
I enjoyed it, but it was a predictable done before plot.

The shock scenes were an unnecessary directorial indulgence, but they served the purpose - people talking about them and watching the film.

The film was out last November? And was slated, how come it's resurged?

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed it, but it was a predictable done before plot.

The shock scenes were an unnecessary directorial indulgence, but they served the purpose - people talking about them and watching the film.

The film was out last November? And was slated, how come it's resurged?
Streaming, was added to amazon around Christmas.

I turned it off after a minute or so. Hated the aspect ratio. Probably if I'd known in advance I'd have been prepared, may try it some other time when I'm in the mood.

Put this in social media thread but itā€™s actually quite damning for the film maker that thereā€™s only ever three scenes discussed; the two ā€˜shockingā€™ ones of a few seconds and the very last scene šŸ˜‚ the filmā€™s pretty long and detailed and the rest has been forgotten
---
I thought it was a great film; a cross between Brideshead Revisited and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
It basically plagiarised the Talented Mr Ripley šŸ˜†

I enjoyed it although I must be quite twisted because I didnā€™t find the shocking scenes that shocking. TikTok is ruining it for me though.

Reactions: 4
I loved it and watched it again 2 days later. The cinematography, music and acting were fab and I thought it was really funny in places

Reactions: 5
I thought it was a let down! I don't get the hype at all. However, the acting is great.

I almost think making Oliver a bit sinister made me see what was coming a bit. The vampire scene could have been skipped, it didnā€™t really add anything, and just set a spark in my mind of Oliverā€™s perverted lack of innocence. The way he approached that scene was quite knowing rather than simply being overcome by the girlā€™s beauty and status

Reactions: 1