Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaraQ

VIP Member
Absolutely loved it.Gorgeous looking film and yes, it wasn't particularly deep, but it was fun and probably the best time I had watching a film all year.Rosamund was MVP.

"Pamela died?"
"She'd do anything for attention".

Reactions: 25

peekachu

Chatty Member
I thought it was quite good! I enjoyed the cinematography and soundtrack - particularly the last song, I actually laughed out loud at the end šŸ˜…

I thought some of those scenes werenā€™t really necessary.. but I guess it got people talking about the film! šŸ› šŸŖ¦

Reactions: 20

Beaology

It was quite accurate of the monied set. I loved when Rosamund Pike Elsbeth says you canā€™t shock me. She seems to live vicariously through gossip.

I thought he played them all well, Venetia nailed him with this comment:

ā€œI don't think you're a spider, you're a moth. Quiet, harmless, drawn to shiny things, banging up against a window, and begging to get inā€.

He got in and made himself a new home. I would love to see the deleted scenes. I think there was one with Oliver dressed in his finery that didnā€™t make the cut. He alluded to such recently when he wore the red outfit.

Reactions: 14

abelleza

Chatty Member
I thought it was great, one of the best films Iā€™ve seen in a while. Beautiful cinematography, the acting was A+ (Rosamund Pike in particular nailed her character scarily well). It seems to have been a passion project as opposed to a film made just to make money or win awards and you can tell.

I wouldnā€™t say I enjoyed it as such (acting and cinematography excluded), but I donā€™t think itā€™s a film made to be enjoyed, but to illicit strong feelings (mainly disgust). Not saying it was in anyway similar but it reminded me of Remains Of The Day, not sure whether itā€™s just the setting or a general vibe of ominosity (not a word but w/e). I canā€™t stop thinking about it tbh and think I will need to watch it again (not that I actually want to).

Reactions: 10

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Finally got round to watching it yesterday and loved it! I wish Iā€™d gone into it blind like my boyfriend did but I already knew so much about it but still loved it and the soundtrack is so nostalgic!! I was uni age in 2006 ā¤

Reactions: 8

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
Think Iā€™m in the minority but all Iā€™m thinking is ā€œthatā€™s two hours Iā€™m never getting backā€

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I just watched this last night and loved it.

The more I think about it, the funnier it is. Like at the start you might think Oliver is vulnerable and about to be destroyed by this crazy family. But no! He kills them all and takes over the house! Love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Onthehop

VIP Member
I loved this film. One of the best films Iā€™ve seen in a while. I think it deserved more nominations for the BAFTAS.

Reactions: 6

ls240898

VIP Member
Best film of 2023 for me, saw it at a BFI early screening and knew immediately that it would be very marmite. Seems people on TikTok are overhyping how ā€œcrazyā€ and ā€œweirdā€ it is though. Not surprised to see it get mainly shut out of awards as well

Reactions: 5

troutpout69

VIP Member
I loved it and watched it again 2 days later. The cinematography, music and acting were fab and I thought it was really funny in places

Sea

VIP Member
I had a moment when I thought the butler did it šŸ˜† that is in that he was in cahoots with ollie.

Still think Barry's unscripted funeral scene is worrying of his mindset - you can call it Artistic, I call it disturbed

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I enjoyed it although I must be quite twisted because I didnā€™t find the shocking scenes that shocking. TikTok is ruining it for me though.

Reactions: 4