Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally unrelated
She said that people kept saying she’d had cosmetic treatments on a “hateful website “ and then coming and trolling her on Instagram. Then lots of people piled in to say how unfair it was that people thought it was any of their business what she does with her face.

Given her line of business, I’d say her face is our business.
Interesting, thank you. So how come she’s reading (must be?) but hasn’t absorbed any of the main bleeping points we’ve been making? It’s not a flat-out hatefest by any means.

Reactions: 3
Totally unrelated

Interesting, thank you. So how come she’s reading (must be?) but hasn’t absorbed any of the main bleeping points we’ve been making? It’s not a flat-out hatefest by any means.
I don’t know. I honestly used to love her until I noticed the same companies being endorsed again and again plus the deliberate opaqueness about her treatments.

My theory is that she ignores what we say and focuses on feeling personally attacked by our comments on Botox, etc because she feels uncomfortable about her own hypocrisy. It’s hard to say you are a full on, love your flaws, body confidence brand of feminist when you’re getting Botox (& the rest) and pretending that your diet camp trip is a writer’s retreat.

Reactions: 5
You’re absolutely right.

To return to an earlier point, who the duck can’t remember whether or not they paid £120 for a Boden jumper?

(That diet camp was the scammiest thing ever.)

You’re absolutely right.

To return to an earlier point, who the duck can’t remember whether or not they paid £120 for a Boden jumper?

(That diet camp was the scammiest thing ever.)
Don’t you mean that posh snowy writers retreat where she do author stuff 😉like Judith Kerr, a famous author just like Sal.

Reactions: 1
She said that people kept saying she’d had cosmetic treatments on a “hateful website “ and then coming and trolling her on Instagram. Then lots of people piled in to say how unfair it was that people thought it was any of their business what she does with her face.

Given her line of business, I’d say her face is our business.
"how unfair it was that people thought it was any of their business what she does with her face.

Given her line of business, I’d say her face is our business."

Sali has completely consistent views about this sort of thing 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Anybody else think it’s funny how she mentioned Tattle only a couple of weeks after somebody tried hard to defend her here and then disappeared? 😏

Dear Sali,
We don’t care whether you had plastic surgery or fillers or anything. We care about your toxic dishonesty: if you claim you haven’t had any work done and push expensive creams claiming they’ll make us all look as youthful as you, that’s (pretty) dishonest. If you need to be dragged kicking and screaming to declare an ad or a gift, that’s (pretty) dishonest.
We also care about how rude you are to anybody who doesn’t spread rose petals at your feet: why not foster honest conversation on your groups and forums? How can you call yourself a journalist and then shut down any form of debate? Calling us trolls won’t erase our valid concerns.

Sincerely,
A Tattler who was conned into buying both your books when she still believed you were honest and cared about your followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anybody else think it’s funny how she mentioned Tattle only a couple of weeks after somebody tried hard to defend her here and then disappeared? 😏

Dear Sali,
We don’t care whether you had plastic surgery or fillers or anything. We care about your toxic dishonesty: if you claim you haven’t had any work done and push expensive creams claiming they’ll make us all look as youthful as you, that’s (pretty) dishonest. If you need to be dragged kicking and screaming to declare an ad or a gift, that’s (pretty) dishonest.
We also care about how rude you are to anybody who doesn’t spread rose petals at your feet: why not foster honest conversation on your groups and forums? How can you call yourself a journalist and then shut down any form of debate? Calling us trolls won’t erase our valid concerns.

Sincerely,
A Tattler who was conned into buying both your books when she still believed you were honest and cared about your followers.
And also don’t use your guardian column to promote your sponsors. I used to love your column for honest beauty advice. Now it’s no better than what you’d see in a magazine/shopping catalogue like Red.

Reactions: 6
Those screenshots!

Okay so she went an stayed in this place in I think Austria which is famous for being a super expensive diet camp. It’s been covered in the times and various other newspapers. Instead of saying that she was on a diet camp, she called it a writer’s retreat.

This place https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/vivamayr-altaussee-review
She kept shoehorning the name of the place into random Instagram posts in a way that suggested that she didn’t pay for it herself. This was just before the rules changed on declaring ads.

I recall her saying on Twitter she was tearful by day 3 and wondering what on earth writer's retreats involved.

That wa when The Pool stuff was going down I think and she was online getting in the mix defending Lauren. She must've felt insane.

I recall her saying on Twitter she was tearful by day 3 and wondering what on earth writer's retreats involved.

That wa when The Pool stuff was going down I think and she was online getting in the mix defending Lauren. She must've felt insane.
Hangry

• Haha
"Writer's retreat"? It was the expensive Viva Mayr clinic in Austria where you have to chew 100 times on a piece of stale bread and have a tube up your bottom to wash it out.

Reactions: 6
Ha, she probably called it that because loads of journos go there and often post about it. Liberty London Girl often goes.

Ha, she probably called it that because loads of journos go there and often post about it. Liberty London Girl often goes.
Lots of journos might go there and use the time to write. However, calling it a writing retreat would be like me saying that if I go to Ibiza and spend the whole time clubbing but do a bit of knitting each day that I was on a knitting retreat. The main point of that place is detox for weight loss.

• Haha
Sali's twitter 1st July:

"Jeez, if I got an actual period as often as I currently get sent a groundbreaking new book on periods, I’d worry my ovaries had short circuited."

Sali's twitter 3rd July:

"We are Hormone-tastic on today’s @sohoradio show, live now then up later on Mixcloud. @eleanormorgan discusses her brilliant new book ‘Hormonal’, Dr Amalia Annaradnam from London Hormone Clinic, and @CateSevilla, obv. Enlightening two hours coming up."

Sali's twitter 4th July:

"This. ‘Hormonal’by @eleanormorgan is properly fascinating. This issue is huge and affects everything in our lives.https://twitter.com/rhiannonlucyc/status/1146743040872189952 …"

Hey Sali, guess what periods have EVERYTHING to do with??

Reactions: 7
Sali's twitter 1st July:

"Jeez, if I got an actual period as often as I currently get sent a groundbreaking new book on periods, I’d worry my ovaries had short circuited."

Sali's twitter 3rd July:

"We are Hormone-tastic on today’s @sohoradio show, live now then up later on Mixcloud. @eleanormorgan discusses her brilliant new book ‘Hormonal’, Dr Amalia Annaradnam from London Hormone Clinic, and @CateSevilla, obv. Enlightening two hours coming up."

Sali's twitter 4th July:

"This. ‘Hormonal’by @eleanormorgan is properly fascinating. This issue is huge and affects everything in our lives.https://twitter.com/rhiannonlucyc/status/1146743040872189952 …"

Hey Sali, guess what periods have EVERYTHING to do with??

It’s like she has a disease that causes her to be incapable of consistency and honesty. Also, I’m starting to think she may not be as smart as she thinks she is, since this is 3 days apart and everybody is going to notice 😂

Reactions: 5
Lots of journos might go there and use the time to write. However, calling it a writing retreat would be like me saying that if I go to Ibiza and spend the whole time clubbing but do a bit of knitting each day that I was on a knitting retreat. The main point of that place is detox for weight loss.
Well duh, I wasn’t agreeing with her which is why I put Lol. I didn’t feel the need to write a long winded explanation.

Dear Sali,

Sincerely,
Yes yes this exactly. It's the dishonesty that rankles with many former fans who quite simply feel conned. The not declaring she had a vested interest in Aveda in her Guardian column being one example in a very long list. And if anyone points out her flip flop opinions she has a 'nervo' and says she is being trolled. So now if anyone ever questions her about Botox etc she can scream victimization and blame in on Tattle. Handy that.

Just saw the KJH vid - although I thought the makeup on Sali was horrendous (like a clown) I really liked KJ. Sali seemed a bit petulant and almost rude at times I thought - especially at the end where she saw the result and didn't say one nice thing - not thank you or wow or anything.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.