Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure CT tried a make up line years ago but I cannot remember the name for the life of me , a short 2/3 letter name .It wasn’t successful enough to stay the course , she struck gold this time.

I am sure I remember things where Sali said that she hated camping or going to Glastonbury. I might be wrong but just a vague memory. Now she’s suddenly really excited about going. Coincidentally her “mate” Caitlin Moran goes every year and endlessly talks about it. I feel like Sali just likes to fit in.
I suspect she's changed her tune now that she can* stay in VIP accommodation with proper loos.

* I nearly put "afford to" here, but she never pays for anything.

Reactions: 2
How long has Sali’s Guardian column had moderation on the comments?
It’s been a few months at least, there were some less than favourable comments directed at Sali and the column , she must have got a bit snippy about it.

She was definitely a festival naysayer - but reluctant participant on a couple of occasions it seemed - but now she's got a girl gang with AAA passes it is ON.

The DJing is extremely rolls eyes. Terri White's 40th in a Working Man's Club....haha.

The prices on most of those glow givers she's done this morning....phoooeeee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1
She was definitely a festival naysayer - but reluctant participant on a couple of occasions it seemed - but now she's got a girl gang with AAA passes it is ON.

The DJing is extremely rolls eyes.

The prices on most of those glow givers she's done this morning....phoooeeee.
I’m sure the La Mer is gorgeous but £60, I’ll pass thanks. I had a bit of a titter when she emphasised that she bought it , I suppose when everything else is free , why not splash £££ on it.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I was tempted because I try to buy things you don't have to colour match (so I don't have to actually go in a shop like) .... but £60 is a no.

Yeah I was tempted because I try to buy things you don't have to colour match (so I don't have to actually go in a shop like) .... but £60 is a no.
I had some birthday and Christmas money a few years ago and there was a LaMer concession stand in my local department store , I bought the moisturiser as I was sucked into the hype, I know I’m an idiot. Anyway it was ok , just that , ok and not worth the money I spent.

I’ll never spend serious money on moisturiser again.

I stumbled across this site and thread after listening to Griefcast. I think most of what is written here is very harsh and I don’t know many people that would come out well with a pack of wolves ripping into their character like this.

In respect of the Botox, I’ve seen Sali post numerous times that she gets injections in a few areas twice a year and has done so since she turned 40 or just before she did.

I personally would rather look like a tit doing nana dancing or awkward djing than be the person mocking it online. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I already know I’m wasting my time with this comment...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I stumbled across this site and thread after listening to Griefcast. I think most of what is written here is very harsh and I don’t know many people that would come out well with a pack of wolves ripping into their character like this.

In respect of the Botox, I’ve seen Sali post numerous times that she gets injections in a few areas twice a year and has done so since she turned 40 or just before she did.

I personally would rather look like a tit doing nana dancing or awkward djing than be the person mocking it online. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Mate, you do understand what this website is for yes.
Bye-bye.

Reactions: 3

Yes, it is harsh but lets not forget that Sali herself is happy to launch into people on twitter and other forums and set her pack dogs on them when it suits her. Reference the Botox yes there may have been the odd occasion she has admitted (reluctantly) that she has had it, but she continues to shill products (as evidenced on the recent Insta post) that are extortionate and in reality have no proven claims.... she might say things like this product really firmed my skin but then never follows it with, but please remember I have had a weak dilute of Botox.... as previous poster says, no one ever stumbles across this site.... I personally have no issue with her dancing, if she wants to put that on Insta then that is up to her. What I can't stand with these influencers is the way that they are making young people who can't really afford it buy into a lifestyle that they themselves are getting for free. Luckily I am old enough and wise enough to know better but its the hypocrisy I cannot stand.

Reactions: 10
Given some of the comments I’ve seen written here I can fully understand why you’d think that... however; it was genuine. First page on a google search of Sali Hughes griefcast.

Anyway, I’ll leave you all to it...

I can't articulate as well as some of the others on here but I find that the vast majority of conversation is intelligent, well thought out and humorous. Not the pack of wolves you describe.

I can understand that if you've come here as a Sali follower then it might be a bit much but from what I gather, most people, myself included, were Sali fans and enjoyed her content and advice but became disillusioned by conflicting views, her disingenuous advertising and yes, her smugness.

I credit Sali with teaching me how to wash my face properly. I don't wish her any ill will. I'd be happy for her to read any of my comments the same way that I'd talk to and be honest with a friend who was telling me things that were at odds with each other, or hiding things that should be transparent.

Reactions: 10
I'm not into bashing her bopping, her kids or her husband but yeah she's become pretty problematic for me product wise. The too cool for school thing always grated and she is kind of obnoxious in "debate" and articles these days.

(I should say I exist in a pretty woke space elsewhere and am often pretty taken aback by the judging of so many women here - it seems really harsh and old school but hey I guess I have an itch I need to scratch).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4
Her dancing Is proper dad at a disco and I make no apologies for saying so. If you don’t like this space, find another.

I think we have been harsh on her but for valid reasons and we’re absolutely not a pack of wolves.

I'm not into bashing her bopping, her kids or her husband but yeah she's become pretty problematic for me product wise. The too cool for school thing always grated and she is kind of obnoxious in "debate" and articles these days.

(I should say I exist in a pretty woke space elsewhere and am often pretty taken aback by the judging of so many women here - it seems really harsh and old school but hey I guess I have an itch I need to scratch).
I don’t think anyone has bashed her children .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.