Sali Hughes #9 I put myself online and people had opinions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those period pants sound amazing. I'm beyond all that now but would've been so grateful for them. How long does a pair 'work'? Years?
I gave up going to Space NK a few years ago. I got fed up of being followed around oh so subtly as if I was a shoplifter. Seriously it was every time. Then if I ever wanted assistance they were always fawning over someone who was spending megabucks. Always an unpleasant shopping experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Those period pants sound amazing. I'm beyond all that now but would've been so grateful for them. How long does a pair 'work'? Years?
Yes, I hope so. They're about £20 each pair so hopefully a long term investment. I know that's norm for some but I'm a five pack from M&S pant person!

I really wanted them for the comfort, convenience and to reduce all the waste (mooncup isn't reliable or comfortable for me). I can get very heavy bleeding and am never comfortable worrying about leaking but the overnight pants have absorbency all the way up the back to the top of the pant. So you can lie down and rest easy.

I gave up going to Space NK a few years ago. I got fed up of being followed around oh so subtly as if I was a shoplifter. Seriously it was every time. Then if I ever wanted assistance they were always fawning over someone who was spending megabucks. Always an unpleasant shopping experience.
Must be our beefy faces - I'm never happy in there either. Feel like Oliver Twist trying to get info or attention from them.

Reactions: 2
The period pants sound amazing, but what about the odour? Sorry to be gross. I’m weirdly self conscious about body smells even when I’m not on the blob.

The period pants sound amazing, but what about the odour? Sorry to be gross. I’m weirdly self conscious about body smells even when I’m not on the blob.
I haven't had an issue with them. They're odour resistant, whatever that means. Modibody offer a moneyback guarantee so you could try and return if they don't work for you.

Reactions: 1
The new one at Kings Cross is the WORST for this. They fawn over any man in the vicinity and completely ignore women queuing to pay.

I find the pants really comfortable and clean. They’re are much cleaner feeling and smelling than a sanitary towel. It might be just me but I always feel really grubby with pads. Like never clean and dry and just generally a bit gross.

they’re also a good option if you like to use a tampon or moon up but are worried about leaking.

i like the sound of the ones with protection right up the back @RayRayJay especially if you’re on holiday or Anything As I always get paranoid about ruining sheets!

Another one here who gave up on Space NK in person. Had a SA scoff under her voice when I politely said I didn't need a bag [this was in the SaliLand of Brighton!] another time in another store, they linger around you like a fart - not to help - sometimes I wanted to show my credentials and promise I'm not a shoplifter

Reactions: 4
@RayRayJay Thanks for the recommendation! First time period pant buyer here - I normally wear tampons but would like to be more eco-friendly and haven't made the leap to the Mooncup (using it in public toilets fills me with dread). Please may I have your code too, assuming it works for more than one person?

Just been on the Modibodi website and I like the black seamless full brief and bikini without the branded strips at the top. I think I might get a pair of each to try. I was initially confused as I thought the 'red' range was the period line but it looks like that's the teenage line - I'm guessing a play on 'pink' by Victoria Secret.

P.s. Agree that Space NK can be toxic. I wonder what it is about staff training etc that makes it like this?

Last edited:
@Too Much I can't DM you, think it must be because you're a new member. If you want to DM me when you can, I'll happily share the link.

The mooncup in public loos is something I can't comprehend either! I do use it overnight and it's fine when I'm lying down, I can just always feel it when I'm upright.

The BB video – a question. I do like the eye crayon thing. I’ve tried to get a dupe of this and got a Kiko one which was lovely on my hand but a disaster on my eye.

She says to blend it with a clean brush. Am I manky, or underbrushed? No way would I have a clean brush to blend eyeshadow every single morning.

Same! That solid BB pot feels so old compared to other light formulations around. 'Everyone needs it' then when I went to get colour matched by her (before I was aware she was pretty unhonest) she said I was one of those people who didn't need corrector. (Not humblebragging cos I have bags, but they are tear trough based rather than dark colour based)
I'm a tear trougher too. Ergo it is impossible to hide the bags and I've learned to live with that but it's nice to take the edge off them to try and avoid the black eye questions!

What works for you?

Last edited:
Predictable that Kate Somerville was going to be the next ITB guest, she was doing the rounds a week ago with CH. Sigh. At least I hope Sali doesn't do that fawning, "I've had sooo many requests for this person."

The whole polished & pristine (or hotel) bathroom just doesn't suit the fun, engaging feel that ITB used to have.

First episode of Dawn's So Lucky podcast with Sara Pasco is very interesting - for many reasons, both clever, warm, funny ladies - but they discuss the difference between trolling and criticism.

I gleaned from that Friday and reading back here that because discussion from Tattle spilled over to Instagram comment that's how it was categorised by SH as trolling.

I hope Sali doesn't do that fawning, "I've had sooo many requests for this person."
oh but she will. She will also love and have used ‘for years’ the entire contents of Kate’s makeup, washbag and every product she has produced. She will also possibly mention CH who loves her products etc etc. You can see the script in your head really can’t you?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There's a beauty store now, can't remember which one, where they've colour-coded the baskets. Red, say, means follow me around. Blue means leave me the duck alone. Obviously a clever introvert on their marketing team

I really wanted them for the comfort, convenience and to reduce all the waste (mooncup isn't reliable or comfortable for me). I can get very heavy bleeding and am never comfortable worrying about leaking but the overnight pants have absorbency all the way up the back to the top of the pant. So you can lie down and rest easy.
Is this thinx, or another brand?

ETA: should have read the whole thread before posting :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I gleaned from that Friday and reading back here that because discussion from Tattle spilled over to Instagram comment that's how it was categorised by SH as trolling.
That's exactly why a rule of tattle is to keep it on tattle - https://tattle.life/help/terms/ . Talking on tattle where people have to seak out comments is a world apart from targetting someone in their feed, like Sali did (and deleted)

• Heart
BTW Estee Lalonde just posted in her stories with one of those submit your question things that she is having SH on her podcast

• Wow
There's a beauty store now, can't remember which one, where they've colour-coded the baskets. Red, say, means follow me around. Blue means leave me the duck alone. Obviously a clever introvert on their marketing team

Is this thinx, or another brand?

ETA: should have read the whole thread before posting :rolleyes:
That shop who introduced the different coloured baskets is Sephora. Sounds like a good idea to me. I've never had any issues shopping in SpaceNK, I've shopped in the Oxford branch a few times and I've shopped in the Henley branch many times over the years with no issues, maybe the "feel" of the shops is down to individual branch managers and their management styles?

Re the In The Bathroom someone in the comments thinks it is sad the 'utter bastards' (I think she means us) have forced SH to have to do all the #ad declaring stuff in her comment.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.