Sali Hughes #9 I put myself online and people had opinions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of brows and KJH.. anyone tried glossier brow flick? I am so tempted after KJHs IG stories about it! I haven't been ~influenced~ in so long. Past me would have already ordered but I'm so cautious over everything I buy these days!

I've actually never used anything from glossier so any other good products from them I'm all ears!

I’m behind on here, rl takes over and I’m mad as hell!😁😁.

KJT has taught me to get the best from my base and I’ve been lashing it on for a very long time in a not so considerate manner ; one is never too old to learn something new .

Her technique and advice has worked fantastically well and I look ( in my eye) a lot fresher and my make up lasts longer.

Love her ❤
I learned how to do blusher from KJH (that odd video with SH). Much much lighter than I had been doing it and sort of over a bigger area - more sort of 'watery' and diffused if that makes sense.

the entire video advert seems to have a very awkward feel about it. Why does she keep referring to her ‘kit’ doesn’t she just mean her make-up bag? She doesn’t have clients, she is a beauty blogger :LOL:
Yes I also wondered that. Maybe just habit? Dunno 🤭. A few weeks ago on FB she was going to give away a full professional kit to an aspiring MUA - don't know if anything ever came of that.

Reactions: 1
I thought that as well
Me too. She’s not a makeup artist, sit the duck down, Sali.

I’ve been avoiding hate-watching the ad on the assumption that the more views it gets the better it is for her. If I’m wrong, please let me know 😀.

Reactions: 2
Speaking of brows and KJH.. anyone tried glossier brow flick? I am so tempted after KJHs IG stories about it! I haven't been ~influenced~ in so long. Past me would have already ordered but I'm so cautious over everything I buy these days!

I've actually never used anything from glossier so any other good products from them I'm all ears!
I bought it after seeing KJH use it. I have not yet mastered those little flicks she does though

I like the Cloud Paints and have just bought the Futuredew. I think the Skin Tint is fairly good too. I am way too old for Glossier though :ROFLMAO:

I've seen a few reviews that suggest it's hard to get good colour payoff and personally I struggle with pens so it's a no from me. I would love to try the cloud paints though but I'm on a spending embargo.

From glossier I have boy brow (love).the concealer (like), the powder (just really standard, does the job but wouldn’t re buy), cloud paint (love) and mascara (shite).
skincare wise I got the cleanser( my skin didn’t like it, my 11 year old does), moisturiser (no different from simple) and the balm (basically Vaseline).

I like boy brow and cloud paint. I’ll probably look for easier to access alternatives. Day to day my make up is it cosmetics cc cream,cloud paint, boy brow and some mascara (L’Oréal paradise atm). I’ll chuck on some highlighter if I’m feeling fancy.

I love that mascara lipsticktaser. I'm looking for one that is as good but not loreal who I'm trying to avoid.

I have recently bought the balm maryloumanizer and it's a pretty highlight shade on me. I am currently using an elf foundation which I would say is as good as a few high end ones I've had.

The BB video is very stressful to watch! Is there a time limit on it? Definitely felt hurried and lots of attention on the first product and then suddenly no detail about the others.

her skin is amazing though and I think that’s how the look is so glossy and groomed on her. If I did that look I think I’d me more clown than anything. Her skin just seems so smooth and glassy but it can’t just be loads of product as the foundation does seem to sit on It well.

@melfish I look forward to your unboxing video 😉.

i asked this on actually honest thread but it’s quiet there at the moment. Have any of you used a heated styling brush? I’m thinking about waiting until Jan to see if I might find the GHD glide on eBay for a bit below £140. Hair is extremely meh at the moment but I’m a very low maintenance kind of lady so I need a simple something to give me some pep!
I bought the JML one in B&M for about £17 and it’s ok. My hair is a smidge too short to use it (or it was when I last bothered, it’s in the ‘long bob’ territory) but it does help tame my bed head hair of a morning. It doesn’t give as polished an effect as straighteners, but is better than not doing anything!

New member. Been reading since, you know. Would liked to join chat as loving what you’re saying about make up and stuff. And good girls!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I learned how to do blusher from KJH (that odd video with SH). Much much lighter than I had been doing it and sort of over a bigger area - more sort of 'watery' and diffused if that makes sense.

Yes I also wondered that. Maybe just habit? Dunno 🤭. A few weeks ago on FB she was going to give away a full professional kit to an aspiring MUA - don't know if anything ever came of that.
Her "kit" came out to do Mr Self-Promoting's birthday face. She showed a short video with a ridiculous amount of brushes in it.
Looks like Mr Selfpromoting's twitter is still locked.

• Haha

Love it !

Love it!

Re apple - more things are covered under EU consumer law than you think, if it is a known fault on the model (obvs from the youtube) apple have to repair or replace for free if the product is less than (either 5 or 6 years for electricals).

An absolute babe at a suburban fixing place told me to ignore what the genius quote was (£700) and to go back to apple and insist about my consumer rights. They reluctantly offered me 50% off a new one, I said nahhh, and they finally gave me a new macbook pro to replace my 5yr11month pro. (I regret not getting the macbook air instead of the pro for the ease of transport but ultimate FWP)
I think Apple Mac books are so meh these days. 5+ years ago you paid a small premium for an amazing build quality. With each year they get more underpowered compared to the competition, more expensive and all a bit lackluster.

At work I'm annoyed that they either supply you with a mbp or a Dell that costs less than half the price rather than the dell alternative to a mbp, that I think is superior.

Apple has really fallen behind and their tech isn't very good these days, they're just banking on their services for the future.

• Heart
the entire video advert seems to have a very awkward feel about it. Why does she keep referring to her ‘kit’ doesn’t she just mean her make-up bag? She doesn’t have clients, she is a beauty blogger :LOL:
Really effing pretentious re her kit!!! I watched her 2 videos with Mary Greenwell when she was shooting her book pics for Pretty Honest... I LOVE MARY. So many tips on those ones

Arghhh. Just about to order the LE velvet fawn. Should I? Is it lovely?

If I do, is there a refer a friend or anything that would benefit any of you?

Arghhh. Just about to order the LE velvet fawn. Should I? Is it lovely?

If I do, is there a refer a friend or anything that would benefit any of you?
I was so close to buying that and the red kit yesterday. I might just do it. Aaa argh this thread is enabling me.

I haven't yet. Instead spent £170 on period pants!! Think I'll hold off on a lipstick which looks the same colour as 5 I already own!

ETA - I got modibodi ones and can recommend. Someone mentioned it would be useful to have reviews on these type of things.

I also have a refer a friend code if anyone would like it. It gets you £10 off. It would also give me a £10 credit. #AD info - I don't need the credit as won't be buying anymore for a long time but wanted to be transparent! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I haven't yet. Instead spent £170 on period pants!! Think I'll hold off on a lipstick which looks the same colour as 5 I already own!

ETA - I got modibodi ones and can recommend. Someone mentioned it would be useful to have reviews on these type of things.

I also have a refer a friend code if anyone would like it. It gets you £10 off. It would also give me a £10 credit. #AD info - I don't need the credit as won't be buying anymore for a long time but wanted to be transparent! (y)
*curious face* what are period pants, please?

Absorbant pants that you wear instead of using tampons/pads/liners/incontinence underwear. Available in different absorbancies from light to heavy/overnight.

No plastic and so much comfier!

*curious face* what are period pants, please?

I got the Thinx pants and I love them!!! They’re brilliant. I’ve got three pairs but I think I need a couple more and I want to buy for my sister for christmas.
could I have your referral code @RayRayJay

@GTL Old-Timer they’re pants with some clever fluid wicking ability like an inbuilt sanitary towel. When you’ve worn them you wash with cold water and put them on a hand wash cycle in the machine then air dry. So far they’re much more comfortable than any other option I’ve tried. They’re dryer and cleaner feeling than disposable pads and no hassle at all. You just wear them like normal knickers! For heavier days you can double up with a tampon or moon cup or just change your pants a few times. So far the version for heavier flow has been plenty and I’ve been able to wear all day for work with no problem at all.

I can’t even let myself look at the LE lipsticks because I don’t think I’ll be able to resist but I’m enjoying hearing about them! I have recently ordered a Chantecaille lipstick which I can’t wait to smear on my horrible face 😉.

PS had a horrible shopping experience in Space NK and not for the first time. I’m going to write to complain. It’s a very toxic

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.