Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi to everyone feeding snippets from this forum to Sali! Could you please share this one with her, verbatim?

That’s interesting @Jelly Bean . I would definitely be hesitant to talk about something in such damning terms if I hadn’t seen it before. Does she say she hasn’t seen it herself so she can explain why she lied in the video?? But then why make a video about something you’re not totally sure of.

I’m very sorry for anyone who suffers crippling anxiety. An interesting piece of research might be whether or not spending X amount of hours on Instagram/sharing X personal details/relying on Instagram for money or a sense of self can play into higher levels of anxiety.

There is a question of personal responsibility when you choose your career. Some people are very robust and don’t care what people say about them. Others focus in on the negatives and can’t move past them.

if someone of the latter disposition does something immoral/gains from being deceptive/is a ruthless salesperson masquerading as a friend then what should the rest of us do? Stay quiet so they can continue without having hurt feelings seems to be the influencer stance.

That’s ok, but then up pops another person who is highly anxious due to the unrealistic goals set for their image by influencer culture. The message is that person doesn’t matter.

From my perspective that’s all wrong - I believe in a utilitarian sort of outlook. If the career you choose is damaging to a lot of people the smallest thing you can do to compensate is listen to the damage and see if some can be repaired. It is reprehensible to me that a person could steam through life being a bully and a manipulator and then cry damages at the response. I didn’t go looking for SH. She looked for my readership and follow and support, which I did for years and years.

But it seems that tracking is only welcome if you LOVE the content and agree with it or simply walk away. That’s not how most people work. Most people develop relationships with the culture and react. It’s healthy and it creates new forms of culture and art and community. To try to stunt that natural process for your own gain is supremely nasty and self important. But it’s also foolish.

unfortunately I think the reason the MOD story was so big is because everyone knows the influencer bubble is bursting. Maybe sali thinks there is enough demand for fluff pieces but if I were her I would be honing my serious journalism skills with the assumption that appetite for tat has waned irreversibly. And that would mean reading something before you publicly and strongly attempt to discredit it. Trying to shut something down without ever having seen it is very questionable behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't know about wider Tattle threads and giving people eating disorders but SH's threads seem quite focused on her use of Botox and how many of her fans didn't know about it.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone a whizz on socialblade and can tell us what the huge spike in Instagram followers in September could be down to? :unsure:

ETA the flat line is within +/- 100 (eg some days -16, some +65). The one-off spike is +11,000.

And in other news Estee Laundry has been named influencer of the year by refinery29. Not bad for what SH casually dismissed as a gossip channel when asked about Estee Laundry’s revealing of horrific treatment of employees at Charlotte Tilbury by Charlotte Tilbury and her family members.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

One way of viewing this is to question the 'friends' filter. Why are your friends such fawning sycophants they deliberately choose to horrify you to the extent you're scared to come here and see the reality? Are those really friends? What, exactly, are you so scared of, Sali, h'mmm?

Reactions: 5
Is anyone a whizz on socialblade and can tell us what the huge spike in Instagram followers in September could be down to? :unsure:

ETA the flat line is within +/- 100 (eg some days -16, some +65). The one-off spike is +11,000.

And in other news Estee Laundry has been named influencer of the year by refinery29. Not bad for what SH casually dismissed as a gossip channel when asked about Estee Laundry’s revealing of horrific treatment of employees at Charlotte Tilbury by Charlotte Tilbury and her family members.
The spike was due to Freaky Friday.

What inhabited those lovely thick files if not printouts of the forum threads then? I think that’s what she said in the FF vid. But, as she says, obviously unread.

BTW skidders, I’ve been following fairly quietly since it all kicked off and I need to say a big thank you. Due to the various recs on this forum (Pixi pads, retinoids etc) I’m currently experiencing my best ever skin - and far less expensive than when I bought the Dr Dennis Gross beef wipes recommended by SH. Happy shitmouth here.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I honestly can’t bear this idea that of you don’t fully agree with me you’re a troll with mental health issues. This is where we’ve got to with insta influencers. When someone demands this level of fawning they’re not on the level, they’re manipulative and needy and need someone to tell them the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Even though it’s for the week preceding? Possibly a quirk of socialblade?
Oh! Apologies, I didn't look at the date range! Not sure then. I know that thanks to *that* video I unfollowed her and all others of her ilk and also discovered Tattle, so I have that to thank her for.

Reactions: 1
We've had prople cslling us trolls, scum, lowest if low, married incels, skidmarks, bin people etc.
I suppose the reply would be "yes, but you're anonymous". Well you didn't say anything about the people slagging us off had to know our names or faces did you brainbox?
#logicface

Attachments

Reactions: 2
SH also agreed with B Black that posters not necessarily mentally ill. In the interests of fairness. We are nothing if not balanced here 💅

Re thread title, I'm in a retro kinda mood so would like to suggest an oldie but goodie. My preference would be "Also stop talking about someone you don't know you TRAGIC F****s" a la IK

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Well that's right isn't it, wanting to know more about Botox doesn't make you (generic) mentally ill. Nor finding and joining in with other people wondering about it.

Reactions: 2
As I have previously said, I have a mental illness. My posting on here is linked to my mental health as I am currently off work due to my condition and am not able to really go out. So I've got more time on my hands atm. That's it.

Reactions: 6
The guardian have been so nice protecting me, no one needs comments that are critical of me. Really it's all about me me me!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.