Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s just posted an ad for the Babyliss cordless straighteners with a picture of her straightening her hair on the train. On. The. Train. She’ll be clipping her toenails in public soon. 🤮 Good g-d she’s vulgar.

Is nothing sacred?!?
I'm looking forward to photos of hot wax and random passengers streching her skin for an easier pull.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Column bingo spot no#1 - "spendy"

I'm not even going to read it. Vile thing it is.

Good news, I appear to have been kicked off the forum wooop! I logged in a few months back and deleted any posts that I shared personal information on - was just going to do another sweep and I'm not recognised as a user.

Finally think all my social media is influencer free. Just have to quit reading the guardian now - a shame because it is a good source of free news. I'd rather pay though and not receive columns that are actually just poorly disguised ads.

Reactions: 8
Why didn’t she expect to be raving about Garnier? What’s wrong with Garnier? The entire thing is nonsense. She just uses so many bloody words! It’s like the most basic rule of good writing: don’t add in 10 superfluous words per sentence.

She has her own style, for sure. It’s just that it’s very bad. The Guardian really needs to step it up. I don’t begrudge paying for content but it’s got to be information or opinion which is valuable to my brain or my life.

Reactions: 4
Thank you for the recommendation! I haven't tried that one, TBS is hard to come by here, but I'll look into it.
It's well worth trying to get hold of one, it really is the business. Might be worth having a look on ebay? Risky I know but worth a shot.

Ed - did I use worth enough times there? 😏 Def a great hand cream though.

I thought it odd too, as she actually mentions someone else who received an award. Anyway what do these awards even mean?? The fact that CT had a lifetime achievement award says it all. Christ the woman is brilliant at marketing but her products are not really that much different to anyone elses
Oh they are different, randomly good and randomly crap. Don't know of any other brand that produces such hit and miss products.

Reactions: 1
She doesn't half have a high opinion of herself does she! Classic sign of a narcissist.
could ypu imagine this was the other way round? she would be on twitter 24/7 accusing anyone and everyone of bullying

Thank you for the recommendation! I haven't tried that one, TBS is hard to come by here, but I'll look into it.
more expensive (and admittedly i do not buy it anymore for this reason) but if you have tbe money clarins handcream is amazing

Reactions: 2
Column bingo spot no#1 - "spendy"

I'm not even going to read it. Vile thing it is.

Good news, I appear to have been kicked off the forum wooop! I logged in a few months back and deleted any posts that I shared personal information on - was just going to do another sweep and I'm not recognised as a user.

Finally think all my social media is influencer free. Just have to quit reading the guardian now - a shame because it is a good source of free news. I'd rather pay though and not receive columns that are actually just poorly disguised ads.
Column bingo spot no#2 - "drives me to distraction"

Botox Tilbury got a lifetime award? What for? Judging by Esteelaundry recent stories it can only be for bullying and being an all over tit person.

Reactions: 5
For saying "darling(s)" so many times you'd need a computer to get a mere approximation? I remember watching an Into the Bathroom episode with Sir John (I think that's his name) and how he said a lot of really complimentary things about CT and how she treats her assistants (well, at least him), I was really glad to hear that, and then Estee Laundry stories came out. :sick: I'm a sucker for packaging and the whole vintage vibe, so I had a list of things I wanted to buy, but after that, she can keep her tit or give it to her nieces to play with.

What's this in the column "...glow-giving glycolic (never my favourite acid..."? Is SH unable to say she's changed her mind? Is that why when she gives an opinion on something that differs from what she said before it's always qualified with "never", "always", "I have long thought...".
And why is she making this point at the same time as recommending a product which contains glycolic? Has she glitched?

This is completely unhelpful. Why is five a good number per week? On what basis should it be used more or less?

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! I’ve been lurking since That Friday when I came prepared to be SCANDALISED by the awful things you were all saying (?!) and have been wondering whether to join in or just watch from the sidelines. I was part of the mass exodus from SHB following the mods terrible handling of the weirdo situation and subsequent doubling-down and defending their behaviour. I decamped to a WhatsApp chat which is still going. Sali did apologise but then quite a lot of gaslighting happened which was very strange, although that happened to the extent that I can’t remember the details.
In the early days of the WhatsApp group there was a mole who reported back to Sali that we were all slagging her off (we weren’t) and made up a load of other lies about various people being mean to her then tried to get everyone to come back to SHB and ‘play nice’. I found it so nauseating I left for good. Something about SH seems to attract these toxic personalities.
I really liked her in the good old days of early GTL and met some great women through that community but I just cannot with all the drama and self-righteousness. SH is welcome to block me on twitter if she can find me (I don’t follow her, mind you and haven’t for ages).

Reactions: 13
The train picture with the Babyliss is just cringe. I will congratulate her on finally identifying the post as an ad.
At least she had the decency to hide her watch! A rare thing for her. First time I have NOT seen it I think

more expensive (and admittedly i do not buy it anymore for this reason) but if you have tbe money clarins handcream is amazing
Someone on the WhatsApp/Exodus FB group recommended using the Hada Labo HA serum followed by hand cream. I have been doing that for about a year and am loving the results.

We layer products on our faces, why not our hands? And if you buy the bottles direct from Japan rather than Amazon (ick!) then you get more for your money too.

Last edited:
I remembered I have admin rights on my work’s Instagram, so have viewed the train adverts. God. I think taking on #ad represents a real move to being An Influencer, and wonder if she had to think long and hard about that?

I remembered I have admin rights on my work’s Instagram, so have viewed the train adverts. God. I think taking on #ad represents a real move to being An Influencer, and wonder if she had to think long and hard about that?
Of course she did. For the whole of two seconds.

She's just got a new manager. The majority of their clients seem to be reality TV 'stars' and Instagram 'influencers'.

Did anyone ever buy the La Mer lip balm that Sali used to recommend?
oh God, please don’t chuck me out, but that’s the only thing that works for me. I peel skin off my lips & this stuff is only thing I’ve found that actually “heals” it. BUT - I buy it on eBay!

At least she had the decency to hide her watch! A rare thing for her. First time I have NOT seen it I think

Someone on the WhatsApp/Exodus FB group recommended using the Hada Labo HA serum followed by hand cream. I have been doing that for about a year and am loving the results.

We layer products on our faces, why not our hands? And if you buy the bottles direct from Japan rather than Amazon (ick!) then you get more for your money too.
I do that too as I've reached that point my hands started showing my age. I apply serum and pure glycerine (on alternate days) and then hand cream before bedtime. Don't forget to put on a hand cream with SPF during the day, I use a Neutrogena one. HTH

Reactions: 3
Hi! I’ve been lurking since That Friday when I came prepared to be SCANDALISED by the awful things you were all saying (?!) and have been wondering whether to join in or just watch from the sidelines. I was part of the mass exodus from SHB following the mods terrible handling of the weirdo situation and subsequent doubling-down and defending their behaviour. I decamped to a WhatsApp chat which is still going. Sali did apologise but then quite a lot of gaslighting happened which was very strange, although that happened to the extent that I can’t remember the details.
In the early days of the WhatsApp group there was a mole who reported back to Sali that we were all slagging her off (we weren’t) and made up a load of other lies about various people being mean to her then tried to get everyone to come back to SHB and ‘play nice’. I found it so nauseating I left for good. Something about SH seems to attract these toxic personalities.
I really liked her in the good old days of early GTL and met some great women through that community but I just cannot with all the drama and self-righteousness. SH is welcome to block me on twitter if she can find me (I don’t follow her, mind you and haven’t for ages).
Welcome! You are so right about the toxic personalities thing. Some of her followers/friends seem unnecessarily vicious. I will never understand why if you have thousands of followers hanging off your every word you concentrate on the handful that just don't like you. Just doesn't go with the 'zero fucks given' attitude at all. The recent nonsense with Hirons and the one lowly dissenter in her group reminded of GtL all too much. I missed the SHB thing, I never could get used to it after the FB group.

And oh dear that train advert. What the duck. I bet if someone said to her before that they saw someone doing that on a train she would be disgusted. And her smile just doesn't look like her at all, it is a real plastered on advert smile. And who in their right minds would take round a contraption like that in their bag all day? Sad.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.