Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yhat happened to another member years ago after she posted a childhood picture of herself as Little Red Riding Hood. It was cute. The ruckus that ensued was something else.

People don’t use the word **** to refer to those with a disability anymore. It now has more in common with the US word - meaning idiot or stupid person. Rather like the people running the Facebook group...
I think this is true for many people, however my nephew is disabled and one of the insults he still gets is ‘****’ - from other 7 year olds. Who must be picking it up from their parents / older children. So the offensive UK use is still in circulation.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if I’ve seen anything about this in the previous threads, but was wondering exactly what went down a few years ago on the SHB forum - there was some creepy catfish character (quite obviously dodgy to me at the time), who was banned, but that turned into a furore about forum user safety and how it was handled by the mods, and culminated in a mass exodus including some OG members like Alkistis, and some secret breakaway FB beauty group which I imagine still exists to this day... anyone have more details?

Reactions: 1
Not sure if I’ve seen anything about this in the previous threads, but was wondering exactly what went down a few years ago on the SHB forum - there was some creepy catfish character (quite obviously dodgy to me at the time), who was banned, but that turned into a furore about forum user safety and how it was handled by the mods, and culminated in a mass exodus including some OG members like Alkistis, and some secret breakaway FB beauty group which I imagine still exists to this day... anyone have more details?
Didn't know there was a secret breakaway group, but I know exactly who you're referring to. I knew straightaway he was dodgy as the day was long and never interacted with him, not even once. He never interacted with me either thankfully.
He gave me the absolute and utter creeps 😱

Being liked is not the cool girl ethos.

To clarify - we shouldn't make it a priority (or be bothered at all, to be frank) and this is a whole issue women commonly encounter, but this was more in the vain of what @Handmaid wrote above.
I get the impression SH wants to be admired but more importantly envied. For her impossibly youthful visage, her sassy attitude (no BS) and her cool girl gang. This is the image she is selling that she wants us to buy into. That's how influencers work I suppose, selling a carefully curated lifestyle so we aren't even always aware it is a soft sell. We think they are just being our friend and kindly showing us glimpses of their life. And helpfully on the way showing us items we can purchase to get that life.

Reactions: 19
I get the impression SH wants to be admired but more importantly envied. For her impossibly youthful visage, her sassy attitude (no BS) and her cool girl gang. This is the image she is selling that she wants us to buy into. That's how influencers work I suppose, selling a carefully curated lifestyle so we aren't even always aware it is a soft sell. We think they are just being our friend and kindly showing us glimpses of their life. And helpfully on the way showing us items we can purchase to get that life.
@Jelly Bean spot-on. I bought into it for a while. Feel very glad not to be in thrall any more.

Reactions: 9
The comment is clearly not about legality, Sali's reading comprehension is questionable.
This is so true. If a stick has more than one end, chances are Sali will grab the wrong one.
Which is fine. But if you know you have a tendency to do this (from eg all the Twitter interactions where you've jumped to the wrong conclusion) perhaps you'd refrain jumping down people's throats before you actually understood what they were saying all the time.

Reactions: 4
Self-reflection wasn't on the menu at the weight loss clinic, I mean on the itinerary at the writer's retreat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This is a fascinating read, chimes with a lot of what we have been talking about in these threads about authenticity and disclosure: http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/d...ed-to-tell-audiences-that-theyre-getting-paid
  • While the lack of disclosure language may have fooled consumers in the past into believing that influencer content is devoid of brand involvement, that belief is arguably outdated even in the relatively new world of influencer marketing
  • Savvy consumers are actually valuing the perceived transparency and authenticity of influencers who volunteer a disclosure (and brands that actually allow it), as opposed to the ones who simply opt out
  • Influencer disclosure is becoming less of just a legal issue and one that could see more brands adapting in order to meet increasingly-stringent consumer expectations of what constitutes fair – and thus, appealing – advertising

Reactions: 7
I remember that, he was awful straight away but some people indulged him anyway.

I think Alkistis left after various run-ins with Sali (?)

I remember that, he was awful straight away but some people indulged him anyway.

I think Alkistis left after various run-ins with Sali (?)
I don’t remember that but I wasn’t too active on there. I do remember Sali being an absolute cow to Alkistis, probably because she was pretty knowledgeable, especially about SPFs if I recall.

Yep, it was mostly about sunscreen from what I saw. A lot of it went right over my head because I wasn’t in the in-crowd.

Yep, it was mostly about sunscreen from what I saw. A lot of it went right over my head because I wasn’t in the in-crowd.
I wasn't part of 'the in crowd' either. One of them was a complete witch to me and having had a look on GTL since all this kicked off, I can see she's still there and still arse licking Sali.

I wasn't part of 'the in crowd' either. One of them was a complete witch to me and having had a look on GTL since all this kicked off, I can see she's still there and still arse licking Sali.
Me either. This was my exact experience too, of both gtl Facebook and the forum. Yet every few days there would be a post or even a thread where the crew congratulated themselves on being such good women looking out for other women.
I do remember there being a mass kerfuffle and exodus, but I wasn't sure of the details.

Reactions: 3
Me either. This was my exact experience too, of both gtl Facebook and the forum. Yet every few days there would be a post or even a thread where the crew congratulated themselves on being such good women looking out for other women.
I do remember there being a mass kerfuffle and exodus, but I wasn't sure of the details.
They were the most unsupportive, bitchy group of women ever. I had joined a cooking forum around the same time and there was a great gang of women (and a few men) on there. Quite a few of us have met up at various different times and one of them is one of my closest friends now.

A very different experience from GTL/SHB. I only ever met up with one person from GTL and that was purely because we lived near each other. Sadly, she wasn't very nice in real life.

Reactions: 5
I think what’s more important to her than being liked is setting her self apart and elevating herself above people. Always having the upper hand. That’s far more important to her, or any card-carrying narcissist.
Yes, absolutely this. What a baffling thing it is to me, this fully fledged belief in one's own superiority and righteousness. This complete lack of self-doubt or humility

Reactions: 2
Can I ask a really silly question, what is GTL? I've tried Googling it, but the stuff that comes in the search results is clearly not what I'm looking for! Some stuff about correctional facilities (!?!🤣) and some software related stuff.

Yes, absolutely this. What a baffling thing it is to me, this fully fledged belief in one's own superiority and righteousness. This complete lack of self-doubt or humility
We can all learn. No-one knows everything.
Well, I mean, obviously people WHO PAY FOR EVERYTHING do.

Can I ask a really silly question, what is GTL? I've tried Googling it, but the stuff that comes in the search results is clearly not what I'm looking for! Some stuff about correctional facilities (!?!🤣) and some software related stuff.
.'
She has a facebook group called 'Get the Look'.
Or maybe it's now, 'Get twatting lost

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Assistant has been doing some sleuthing, and I have been kicked out of GTL despite never having commented there in my whole three weeks of membership. I've also never commented on a SH IG or tweet

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The Assistant has been doing some sleuthing, and I have been kicked out of GTL despite never having commented there in my whole three weeks of membership. I've also never commented on a SH IG or tweet
Om actual god!! Is Lauren STILL being paid to cross reference and block dissenters??!? Beyond my ken the world those two live in.

I did discover last week that though I was blocked long and ever ago, I can still see SH’s insta from my laptop. Bet that’s got you in a spin, Sali and Lauren! 😆😆😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.