Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking back at it now I think it's been edited, all the times the word **** was used seem to have been taken down. Presumably because they offended 'someone'. Wonder who.

Reactions: 1
Her surly, snippy, obtuse, approach has had its day. Influencing, which is her main gig, is changing week by week, with audiences becoming increasingly curious and demanding, and far less inclined to settle for half-truths.

It’s not all on her terms anymore and that’s what’s really driving her mad.

Reactions: 13
Her surly, snippy, obtuse, approach has had its day. Influencing, which is her main gig, is changing week by week, with audiences becoming increasingly curious and demanding, and far less inclined to settle for half-truths.

It’s not all on her terms anymore and that’s what’s really driving her mad.
It's not n her terms, is it. I had the impression she looked to Nigella Lawson as an example of the kind of status and public adoration she'd like to have. I look at Nigella's comfort with her privilege and grace under the real legal pressure and unpleasantness of the Saatchi divorce, and can't find anything that compares with that modus operandi. Nigella has a bit of integrity, at least; and at least she can write.

Reactions: 8
It's not n her terms, is it. I had the impression she looked to Nigella Lawson as an example of the kind of status and public adoration she'd like to have. I look at Nigella's comfort with her privilege and grace under the real legal pressure and unpleasantness of the Saatchi divorce, and can't find anything that compares with that modus operandi. Nigella has a bit of integrity, at least; and at least she can write.
Aye. She’s finding her readership/audience increasingly difficult to navigate and she couldn’t be handling it with less grace. Shifting sands and she’s not in control of the narrative anymore. Women are getting woke and it doesn’t suit her.

Reactions: 4
Sorry, I've just had to come over her to vent some what the actual duck about a thread I've just watched developing on GTL about the word '****' which someone used in relation to themselves as someone with a disability. It all kicked off as a result because some people said you couldn't use a word like that in any circumstances. Looks like they'e been kicked out. Humourless much?
I quoted recently a thread on old GtL where people were bending over backwards to justify Caitlin Moran's use of '******' and '******' in her book. Feebee said Caitlin was referring to Transvestites and not Transgender people.
Getting a bit wierd over there. On a thread about whether children should wear spf in Scotland in winter SH told a woman she was being aggressive as she laughed at the idea. I wonder if it is a reaction to the way we pointed out here that a comment suggesting Tattlers should be punched in the tits was allowed to stay up for days.

Edit - the ******* is 'r*t*rd'.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Increasingly, SH is hard to watch, hard to listen to, and when you know all the shite going on between the lines, hard to read. So ill at ease, shrill, so uncomfortable in her skin. Can’t let anything go, like a Rottweiler, always ready to pounce. Woman on the very edge.

Reactions: 11
@NorthernLights the person wasn’t allowed to refer to herself as ****?
Yhat happened to another member years ago after she posted a childhood picture of herself as Little Red Riding Hood. It was cute. The ruckus that ensued was something else.

People don’t use the word **** to refer to those with a disability anymore. It now has more in common with the US word - meaning idiot or stupid person. Rather like the people running the Facebook group...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
How long was "influencer culture" realistically going to last anyway? Its heyday is over, the cat's out of the bag, and the panic is palpable

Reactions: 7
How long was "influencer culture" realistically going to last anyway? Its heyday is over, the cat's out of the bag, and the panic is palpable
It will last for a good while if the MAC event from last week is anything to go by. Speaking of which, did anyone see the lovely Hannah Martin dab the ice cream from her pudding onto her cheekbones?! Apparently, people didn’t realise that the dessert was an actual dessert. They thought it was makeup! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Speaking of which, did anyone see the lovely Hannah Martin dab the ice cream from her pudding onto her cheekbones?! Apparently, people didn’t realise that the dessert was an actual dessert. They thought it was makeup! 🤦🏼‍♀️
I saw CH eating the menu?! WTF?

Reactions: 1
OBVS. 😒 Except it really isn’t obvs is it Sali?
The insufferable Sali Hughes has been treated to more bleeping free meals than all us Tattlers put together x10

• Heart
Reactions: 15
SH really reminds me of Harry Enfield's Kevin the Teenager at the moment - the bit where his mother asks him to apologise and and he shouts 'I'M SORRY. ALRIGHT???'. She's doing what she is meant to do re adverts but it is so pass ag and obviously reluctantly and in a smartarse fashion that she obviously refuses to acknowledge why these things matter. It is just all so petty and unnecessary to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I could name a hundred things more obsv than who paid for SH’s meal. That her hair is coloured, for starters, and that a beauty columnist who would obfuscate about such a thing after writing many articles about going grey as long as seven years ago, hair dye, root touch up products, anaphylactic shock caused by hair colour etc..... maybe needs to take a step back.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She just so hates being accountable. It’s hilarious really. Ahh diddums.

CM is an utter gobshite who thinks she can say anything because she’s a bit mad innit. I remember her saying something pretty crappy about Scotland, I think around Indyref time and she was smacked down pretty hard, actually deleted the post and just pretended it hadn’t happened.

Reactions: 4
She’s so angry. All the time.

Sali, take some time out. Look at the bigger picture. Perhaps start carving out a different path for yourself because while this one may be paying the bills, you’re no longer enjoying it. You’re anxious and hostile and increasingly brittle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.