Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hm... It's seems like that in some pictures. Does botox debeef your lids? I sleep on my right side and that whole eye looks like a tangerine slice in the morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Urgh. She’s been flashing the Rolex for a good few months now. It must be new. Dangling off her wrist at every opportunity. How gauche.

Rolexes are ugly, nothing but vulgar status signifiers, and who even wears a watch in 2019?

That Rolex is vile, almost as ugly as those dreadful Tag Heuer ones. If I had the money for one, I’d go vintage from the days when they had a bit of class. I managed the entire ten minutes, none of the foundations convinced me, not that I could tell what three of them were like plastered on the back of her hand.

Reactions: 3
The only reason I can see for wearing a rolex is you want to let everyone know you can afford to wear a rolex. Big heavy clunky things that they are

Reactions: 4
I know it is just her manner but SH replies on IG can come across as so snippy. It must be annoying people keep asking where she got her jumper/lipstick etc when it is in the description but she says 'look in the description. It always says there' which takes far longer than 'Ganni'. Just don't reply. Then the person says 'oh sorry' which makes them feel stupid for taking an interest. Sx.
I don't think she has the people skills or personality her job requires. In fact, I don't think she likes... people. She has a very mercurial temperament, is hypersensitive to criticism, is loudly and rigidly opinionated. All fine I guess, but only if you accept that youre naturally going to rub some people the wrong way. Some people wont like who you are, what you do or say and you just live with it, that's life isn't it?

Who knows where that undercurrent of rage, entitlement, resentment comes from. The Train audio is a good example of what I mean - weirdly disproportionate amount of wrath for the situation. Plus, she records herself humiliating a stranger to then post on her professional account? Oddly immature behaviour from a person pushing 50, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My eyes are quite hooded (Slavic genes). I thought SH's used to be too?
She had some kind of cosmetic surgery. Can’t remember if it was a brow lift or something on her eyelids or both. I’m sure I read about it here

Reactions: 1
She had some kind of cosmetic surgery. Can’t remember if it was a brow lift or something on her eyelids or both. I’m sure I read about it here
im sure her eyes have always been like that. If you look at the navy makeup video from 2011/12, they looked the same as they do now.

Really? She used to have very hooded eyelids

3755A39B-3D15-4D36-B1FF-6C12DF245E21.png

I’m not sure but there was talk of it on here on another Sali thread and I think the consensus was surgery or maybe lots of Botox over time which can lift the brow. Sali denied it though

2849C657-471B-4C36-AFDB-CAF13BBD873A.png

To me, there’s a big difference if you compare these photos I chose from Google in about 2 minutes. There may be even better examples.

357AA280-B74F-4BC4-B40E-8F386DE6DACF.jpeg

214CDDB4-14EE-4C85-A4C2-54AFA28D756C.png

I just remembered that Caroline Hirons had eyelid surgery too as hers were so droopy it was affecting her eyesight so maybe she gave Sali a rec? I’ll stop banging on and on about a strangers eyelids on the internet now lol

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I don't think she has the people skills or personality her job requires. In fact, I don't think she likes... people. She has a very mercurial temperament, is hypersensitive to criticism, is loudly and rigidly opinionated. All fine I guess, but only if you accept that youre naturally going to rub some people the wrong way. Some people wont like who you are, what you do or say and you just live with it, that's life isn't it?

Who knows where that undercurrent of rage, entitlement, resentment comes from. The Train audio is a good example of what I mean - weirdly disproportionate amount of wrath for the situation. Plus, she records herself humiliating a stranger to then post on her professional account? Oddly immature behaviour from a person pushing 50, imo.
To be fair, the train incident is not recent. The link posted here is from 2012

Reactions: 1
bleeping hell. The Surratt foundation is 19 ml for £70 making it more expensive than the Cle de Peau at £105 for 30 ml (unless I've calculated wrong or the ml I found is wrong). SH tried to make a virtue of it's size saying it fits nicely in your handbag 🙄.
Am I the only woman who does wear foundation but wouldn’t dream of taking a bottle of it out with me?

Reactions: 9
Am I the only woman who does wear foundation but wouldn’t dream of taking a bottle of it out with me?
I wear foundation every day (unless I’m ill) but I never retouch my make up and have never taken a bottle out with me , doesn’t occur to me .

Reactions: 6
I’ve never warmed to Nadine Baggott, I think it’s the industrial level of filler and Botox that she’s had stuffed into her face.
At the least though, she doesn't hide the fact that she has had work done, and has even done videos showing it happen or visiting events for surgery. Not my cup of tea, but she doesn't hide it, unlike some who are just so cool and quirky to admit to have falling into the "anti-ageing" trap, and instead shill wonder products as if that will achieve a completely new jaw and eye structure.

I love love love foundation but I've never taken it out with me or touched up during the day. Life is too short!

Reactions: 2
I remember reading this article which seems to be a typical example of Sali’s tendency to slag off other women. Whilst it’s supposed to be self deprecating, it just comes across as a bitchfest of so called ‘proper mums.’ Almost like reverse snobbery, showing how insecure she really is/was. And although some of did resonate with me, I just can’t believe much of it (did she really used to stand outside the school gates in yesterday’s mascara? I thought not removing make up was the worst?!)

That is the biggest load of exaggerated, hyperbolic 💩💩 I’ve read in a long time. Garbage. The irony of her ripping others to pieces to justify her own perceived failings quite unbelievable given last month’s outburst.

Reactions: 8
I love love love foundation but I've never taken it out with me or touched up during the day. Life is too short!
Exactly! A bit of powder and it's not needed anyway

That is the biggest load of exaggerated, hyperbolic 💩💩 I’ve read in a long time. Garbage. The irony of her ripping others to pieces to justify her own perceived failings quite unbelievable given last month’s outburst.
Just read it, absolutely terrible.

Someone tweeted SH to say they missed the comments on the Guardian. She replied "it was a very sad decision we made together. No one is happy about it". The tweeter then replied "I understand. The downside of social media". Huh?! Also I very much doubt SH is that sad, she's been saying for years she never reads the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.