Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comments on her IG video are hilarious, one of them thanked her for reviewing all those products for us with such enthusiasm and gratitude like she donated blood. I hope they thank their teachers, nurses, sale assistants, bus drivers etc. for doing their job with the same emotional charge.
She didn't have that in the Guardian comment section, so why would she read it anyway?

Reactions: 9
Looking at those old photos of her it looks like she’s definitely has some kind of tweekment to her eyes. And there was me thinking it was all down to a CT palette

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She wears a Rolex? Oh dear, how basic.

Wait... she wears it in a video where she goes out of her way to mention missing out on £7k pay (again)? Good Lord, read the room.

Reactions: 11

Side by side there, Could be something along the lines of Plexr? Whatever it is I doubt it was just a cream or the angle of the shot as it’s too different.

As someone with hooded eyes I’d have loved to know what it was and the experience of the treatment as it’s obviously working and possibly something I’d have tried.
This is the part I object to, whilst she’s not outright made any comment on her eyes other than to say she didn’t have surgery, it’s hard to take someone’s advice when their face changes that much without comment :-/

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well she said she’d not had eye surgery. Maybe in her head that is not a lie if she had eye-lid surgery or on the skin around her eyes? Sounds ridiculous because she knew what the person who asked the question meant but this is often how duplicitous people operate.

I agree with @Jaeme, there’s no issue at all with surgery/non surgical procedures, Botox or not getting Botox etc, it’s the vague obfuscation which is at odds with the purpose of her job. No one needs to know what she eats for breakfast lunch and dinner but it’s ridiculous to go around tagging everything #nofilter when it’s obvious there’s more happening than beautypie and silicone-loaded foundation (lol).

Reactions: 9
I don't think she's had anything done to her eyes. Most of the pics of her "before" eyes she looks like she's squinting into the sun
The one from earlier thread where she's wearing yellow her head is in a different position which is why you can see less lid.

Reactions: 3
Really? She used to have very hooded eyelids

View attachment 52322

I’m not sure but there was talk of it on here on another Sali thread and I think the consensus was surgery or maybe lots of Botox over time which can lift the brow. Sali denied it though

View attachment 52324

To me, there’s a big difference if you compare these photos I chose from Google in about 2 minutes. There may be even better examples.

View attachment 52325

View attachment 52326

I just remembered that Caroline Hirons had eyelid surgery too as hers were so droopy it was affecting her eyesight so maybe she gave Sali a rec? I’ll stop banging on and on about a strangers eyelids on the internet now lol
I think the first two were taken when in bright light so she was squinting. The below pic is from her tinted moisturiser video from 2011. I really don’t think she has had surgery on her eyes.

I have listened to the train recording again, and I can understand why Sali was cross. The woman with the luggage was essentially refusing to move her luggage elsewhere until other people spoke up.

Perhaps SH was recording it to protect herself in case she was accused of threatening/aggressive behaviour. Sticking it up on the internet, however, is another matter entirely.🤨

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I had the same thought about 'eye' versus 'eye-lid' but I think the change is due to Botox rather than surgery (plus squinting/not squinting). In her early videos Sali used to furrow her eyebrows quite a lot which in turn can pull down the brows and lids a little. As she (now) says, she has Botox between the eyebrows and that stops the furrowing and opens up the eyes.

Of course I have no issue with anyone having Botox (I have it myself) or choosing to keep it private if they prefer, but I don't think it's an honest choice when your face is a key part of your brand and your power as an influencer in the beauty industry.

Last edited:
Am I the only woman who does wear foundation but wouldn’t dream of taking a bottle of it out with me?
No you're not! The only products I ever reapply during the day are lipliner and lipstick after I've eaten lunch. If my nose and chin look a bit shiny I just blot them with a tissue. I love my makeup but, seriously, life is too short to carry bloody foundation around. Don't get me started on those "portable" cushion things ..... bleurgh, bacteria, bacteria, bacteria. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Perhaps SH was recording it to protect herself in case she was accused of threatening/aggressive behaviour. Sticking it up on the internet, however, is another matter entirely.🤨
I thought that - that SH had begun recording in case the situation 'turned nasty'. But the woman didn't argue back, simply said 'I don't know where to put my case', which left SH just repeating her line about the case not having a ticket.

What struck me about the incident was a) that SH didn't appear to be looking for a solution - i.e. where to put the case - but appeared simply to want tell the woman off, publicly. And b) that it was 7 years ago. Can't believe how time has flown.

Rolexes are ugly, nothing but vulgar status signifiers, and who even wears a watch in 2019?
I wear a Cartier watch every day (going to work on the bus, at work, home, shopping - everywhere), I bought it with some money I inherited when my parents died. I enjoy wearing a watch, I don't feel dressed without it (same goes for earrings). I could never have afforded it on my own salary, but wanted something lovely to remind me of my parents every time I see it. I can't stand Sali, but there's nothing wrong with wearing a Rolex. My dad wore his (bought in the 1960s, a very discreet and non-flashy model) every day until he died, now my brother wears it after inheriting it from dad. I don't think it's fair to assume someone's a dick for wearing a nice watch.

Reactions: 19
I wear a Cartier watch every day (going to work on the bus, at work, home, shopping - everywhere), I bought it with some money I inherited when my parents died. I enjoy wearing a watch, I don't feel dressed without it (same goes for earrings). I could never have afforded it on my own salary, but wanted something lovely to remind me of my parents every time I see it. I can't stand Sali, but there's nothing wrong with wearing a Rolex. My dad wore his (bought in the 1960s, a very discreet and non-flashy model) every day until he died, now my brother wears it after inheriting it from dad. I don't think it's fair to assume someone's a dick for wearing a nice watch.
Yeah, I have a Rolex too. It’s beautiful and I wear it all the time as well. Literally everywhere. It was given to me as a fortieth birthday gift by my parents and I will leave it to my wife/niece when it’s time. They keep their value really well.

Reactions: 7
I also love my watch and don't feel dressed without it! Not a Rolex though, it cost about £100

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion on anything including watches. Personally I’m not a fan of Rolex due to the way they market themselves (ie their brand persona). Like it or not, Rolex are fashion watches in the sense that a large part of their proposition is about the brand (which they very successfully keep in fashion, constantly, by spending an obscene amount on advertising).

However the brand does speak to a lot of people, and the thing about a recognisable brand is that, like it or not, it will say those things to other people, even without your knowledge or permission.

For example, I know this is blunt but if I’m honest when I see a Cartier watch the words that spring to mind are: quality, refinement, good taste. Rolex says, for me, and I would guess others as well = look at me, I can afford a Rolex. But it will be different for everyone.

The power of brand marketing.. it’s fascinating.

Reactions: 7
I too think that jumper is both hideous and unflattering. Makes her look ‘bosomy’ and not in in a good way ie the uniboob. Also, what’s with her eyes in the IG - there seems to be a weird crease between the top of her cheek and undereye area? Looks v odd...apologies for sounding so bitchy but given she’s set herself up as an authority I feel I’m allowed to ask!

Reactions: 5
I too think that jumper is both hideous and unflattering. Makes her look ‘bosomy’ and not in in a good way ie the uniboob. Also, what’s with her eyes in the IG - there seems to be a weird crease between the top of her cheek and undereye area? Looks v odd...apologies for sounding so bitchy but given she’s set herself up as an authority I feel I’m allowed to ask!
Maybe it’s where filler has been injected?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I wear a vintage second hand Rolex. I love it. Not huge, flashy at all You would not know it was a Rolex u less you studied it (sorry its rather entry level!) and it has worked perfectly for over 10 years as it is a quality watch. Most people wear watches, fit bits, apple watches etc where I live. (Cant be a cool area!). Slating watches because you don’t like them is rather inverted snobbery a la Sali imho! She would be proud of you.

Reactions: 10
Someone tweeted SH to say they missed the comments on the Guardian. She replied "it was a very sad decision we made together. No one is happy about it". The tweeter then replied "I understand. The downside of social media". Huh?! Also I very much doubt SH is that sad, she's been saying for years she never reads the comments.
She has not missed a single opportunity to emphasise that this was a joint, round-table decision, which makes me think it was not
Also, she never read the comments, but the comments were "a lovely community of women". Huh?

Exactly this. Wouldn't this have been an ideal opportunity to be pretty honest?
Yes that would've been a good time to mention it especially as the poster wonders why they look ten years older than her. 'Bearing in mind I have a weak dilute of Botox a couple of times a year...'. No big deal. She got so many comments asking about her glowing smooth skin in every photo/video that to keep saying a wrinkle free face was solely down to product was disingenuous to say the least. I think the worst was always her #nofilter with close-ups as if implying brutal honesty. I think that really was preying on people's insecurities.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.